Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Xbox One Observed Errors & Issues

HeartPirate001HeartPirate001 Posts: 140 Member
I pre-ordered the deluxe version of the Sims 4 for console (Xbox One) as a digital download.

Since the date of release, I have noted a few errors & issues I'd like to see a patch for. Feel free to add to this list...

1) When saving, every save's name changes to the last saved moment.
1a) There is no way to individually name each save.
Edit 1b: 1b) There is no way to delete any saves.

2) In Save Menu, will often freeze, not save, & during reboot will not always properly auto-save (as customer service told me it would).
Edit 2a/1-5: 2a) Work around save Errors:
2a-1) If freeze or refuse on reg save, press down on right angling to pull up controller menu
2a-2) Then from Sims 4 Menu, go to "manage worlds/"Don't Save!"
2a-3) Then click the Xbox One menu and HARD QUIT. (These actions force Auto save to act right.)
2a-4) Reload game at "Auto-Save" point.
2a-5) Immediately save at least 2 save points to ensure a proper save and back up save.

3) Today, when i opened my last save, I got the message that one of my build items had been removed due to not being the owner of it...
3a) Every item I have are all ones that came with what I have, Game-Expansions-Stuff-Free Stuff. So what is being removed & why?

4) There is no way to sell an entire stack of anything in personal inventory.

5) There's no way to move items or stacks from any storage to your personal inventory.

Edit 6: 6) Travel between worlds can cause everything to be lost entirely upon return and require a fresh reload of a previous save as auto-save can become corrupt.

Edit 7: 7) The buildings don't show up in the world "Newcrest" when your world traveling as a preview.
7a) This town is for you to add building to. (*NOTE: Not every building from every town is auto saved to your "My Library" if your interested in using them.)

Edit 8: 8) Upon moving my objects stopped being mine & I had to re-purchase them to gain full access to them. i.e.: Fridge, etc...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Commenter's Additions w/possible minor editions to wording:

Skaos3010S
November 18
Tungsten Chef - Currently for me this achievement has not unlocked. All other achievements popped as normal, but this one is still locked. I have reached Level 10 on cooking with three different Sims, and nothing happened.

Lajo0806
November 19
Search Function not disabling during object placement in build & buy, pressing undo opens the search bar.

AJ686
November 19
Achievements not unlocking. Cheats haven't been used.

As I can, I will add my own observations and commenters as I'm sure it's in our collective best interest to catalog these things for our own sanity & possible future updates as EA, etc care to take note. :smile:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

;) We need an xBox One version of Lists as to where to find somethings. All Fish & where located, All Fruits & Veggies & where to find them, etc... Can anybody help with this?
Post edited by HeartPirate001 on

Comments

• Jeebs2137Jeebs2137 Posts: 10 New Member
    I am definitely having a save issue. When I hit save and select the file, the cursor indicator flashes but the game doesn’t save and “saving...” doesn’t pop up. I’m so frustrated. I’ve already spent hours on here and now it’s for nothing.
  • ARandomLunaticARandomLunatic Posts: 3 New Member
    I have also had that problem with the game not saving, was very annoyed, I lost so many hours.

When you say there is no way to sell an entire stack of items in personal inventory, I'm having problems selling just one item, without having to drag it out and then going to build/buy mode and selling it that way, and dragging doesnt always work properly. How are you selling single items?
  • Skaos3010Skaos3010 Posts: 1 New Member
    I thought I would add to this...

We also preordered the Deluxe edition of The Sims 4 on Xbox One. When going for the achievement, Tungsten Chef, it did not unlock. Currently, every other achievement has popped as normal, but this one is still locked. I have reached Level 10 on cooking with three different Sims, and nothing happened.

Thought I would let EA know, without creating another thread.
  • HeartPirate001HeartPirate001 Posts: 140 Member
    I have also had that problem with the game not saving, was very annoyed, I lost so many hours.

When you say there is no way to sell an entire stack of items in personal inventory, I'm having problems selling just one item, without having to drag it out and then going to build/buy mode and selling it that way, and dragging doesnt always work properly. How are you selling single items?

You should be able to select an individual item, press "A", then press "Y" and then "A" to confirm sell.... let us know how this works for you... also, RT in the storage boxes, i.e. fridge, etc.., on individual stacks, opens the stack fully.
  • SweetneySweetney Posts: 1 New Member
    To sell all items in a stack press X&A at the same time!!!!
  • HeartPirate001HeartPirate001 Posts: 140 Member
    Sweetney wrote: »
    To sell all items in a stack press X&A at the same time!!!!

I tried this... Don't know how you pulled it off but this ended up in my home inventory, etc but nothing was sold... I tried a bunch of times.
  • Lajo0806Lajo0806 Posts: 1 New Member
    Has anyone else had an issue withe the search function not disabling during object placement in build & buy? Every time I press undo it opens the search bar.
  • AJ686AJ686 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know why on Xbox it is not unlocks achievements? I haven't used cheats but it isn't unlocking them?
  • PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    edited November 2017
    Jeebs2137 wrote: »
    I am definitely having a save issue. When I hit save and select the file, the cursor indicator flashes but the game doesn’t save and “saving...” doesn’t pop up. I’m so frustrated. I’ve already spent hours on here and now it’s for nothing.

I'm having this same problem. :/ except I'm on a PS4. I can't play the game because of it. I hope it gets fixed soon because I was really enjoying the game.
  • wingzero71782wingzero71782 Posts: 2 New Member
    Has anyone had a problem on the X Box one Sims4 with starting with a teen sim and when they age up to young adult, they do not get the third trait?
  • FRSdudeFRSdude Posts: 3 New Member
    I am having a huge problem unlocking achievements. There are now 8 that I should have unlocked that are not. I haven't used any cheats, and have tried unlocking them on different sims in different saves.
  • Jln9899Jln9899 Posts: 1 New Member
    When in build mode, trying to build or edit, I have to click on B button many times for it to finally go back to the options screen. Anyone have that issue?
  • Moetard117Moetard117 Posts: 20 Member
    [quote="Jln9899;c-16200876"]When in build mode, trying to build or edit, I have to click on B button many times for it to finally go back to the options screen. Anyone have that issue?[/quote]

Yes. Very annoying. My sister was also having that issue and if you press the.... i want to call it select button... the one lefty of start, it pulls you all the way out which is often easier than pressing b a million times as BFF wanton n to throw your controller.
    [quote="FRSdude;c-16200219"]I am having a huge problem unlocking achievements. There are now 8 that I should have unlocked that are not. I haven't used any cheats, and have tried unlocking them on different sims in different saves.[/quote]

The only thing i have found to help that is starting a new house in the same game with 8 people to unlock the 8 people household achievement will unlock (some say all some say most) missing achievements. However, i did this, unlocked my achievements, but the issue is still happening to me with new achievements.
    Mine keeps glitching where suddenly I cant rotate my camera in any menu or live mode and sometimes it will just do nothing, other times it will just zoom way in... but not the camera. It's like changing the zoom on your computer to 250%. Ill save and completely exit the game and go back in and its fine. Just frustrating.

I also have gone to worlds, met people and built a relationship, then come back to it being the same time as when i left and no relationship with the people i just met. My 🐸🐸🐸🐸 sim had to sleep alone that night. Lol

Ive also had most of the same issues this posts list. I only ever load my save 1. It's the only one i use to save on as well and it doesn't cause problems. I never just press play when i go into sims (that had bitten me in the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 because auto save is a mess) and i go to load and click save 1.

The achievement issue is driving me insane. Right now i am waiting for tungsten chef and its not brain surgery achievements to be unlocked.... i think there is more but I only remember those 2 right now. Never used cheats. I did the 8 household which unlocked my missing ones, but the issue continues after. Some achievements are fine. Like 8 house hold, staying awake 24 hours, and the introvert achievements were fine for me. But the two i mentioned above and sim aging up gave me problems. Seems to be different for people which ones are issues.

Every time i load into a lounge i built in Newcrest, i get the error that i dont have something so some objects were removed and some replaced. I have every expansion and so i should have everything. But i think it's an empty threat because i haven't noticed any missing or changed objects.
    Now that I'm playing, here are more issues I'm having that i don't see listed:

Occasionally, the controls get confused and when I try to click on something to do an action or speak to a person, randomly it will start pulling things up in the menus like my inventory or moods. So i get out of it and try again and it does it again. I have to quit and restart. It even shows and moves around the bottom right menus while in start menu.

If i get out of build mode, my sims frequently appear all grey at the bottom as if they are all 'fine.' Then you click on them, you see they are flirty (pink), sad (blue), etc, and it doesn't correct until the mood changes. This is the only indicator that tells you how your baby is, so its also frustrating.

Sometimes while trying to cancel an action that you planned ahead, it cancels the action you are currently doing instead.

Tried to move someone I created into a house but it kept acting like the house was empty. I found the person I created in unplayed households, but was unable to move them into the house I previously tried since it was supposedly the current residence. So then I tried to move the person in with someone and it instead got stuck on the confirmation screen only letting .e get away with a save then having to quit.
  • SkyeWestSkyeWest Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having a problem taking things out of the personal inventory. When I press 'x' I get a
    Message that I can't move the object out of the inventory Because I don't own it. I harvested plants from my garden and I can move them. I can't move paintings out of my inventory, among other objects.
    [quote][/quote]The only thing i have found to help that is starting a new house in the same game with 8 people to unlock the 8 people household achievement will unlock (some say all some say most) missing achievements. However, i did this, unlocked my achievements, but the issue is still happening to me with new achievements. [/quote]

I'm afraid to try this in case it only "works" once. The save that I'm missing them all on is also the one I'm using to earn Alphabet Legacy on and I'd hate to not earn that achievement if I've already tired this fix. :(

I'm up to 10 I've definitely earned that should've unlocked that haven't, 2 I'm pretty sure I should have unlocked, and 8 left to earn. Though there are still a few I have earned and were unlocked while experiencing this glitch.
  • phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    @EA_Lanna or @EA_Mage can you please move this thread to the console section of the forum. Thanks! :)
    Tired creating an 8 sim household to "unlock" my already earned achievements but that did nothing. Might be because I had already gotten 8 sims into my played household, but I'll just add that to the list of achievements that should be unlocked but arnt. :(
  • EngBenhourEngBenhour Posts: 10 New Member
    > @Jln9899 said:
    > When in build mode, trying to build or edit, I have to click on B button many times for it to finally go back to the options screen. Anyone have that issue?

I have the same problem!
  • SickAsFrickYoSickAsFrickYo Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a problem with the game freezing every few minutes, it's particularly frustrating when i haven't recently saved. When i was installing it, it stopped installing on 97% I found the solution is just a hard restart and then it finishes up. However i'm not sure if it properly downloaded. So upon that question I uninstalled, same problems installing same solution. Of course i cleared the memory of the game entirely when I had uninstalled. Game still repeatedly freezes and I have to quit from the xbox menu. None of my other games do this and it's hardly playable. Also while in build mode certain objects won't clear. When i say clear I mean press the B button to stop placing the same object again and it should send you back to the furniture or build magazine however it doesn't. I have to press it repeatedly until eventually it works which is really just an inconvenience but I can live with it over the whole freezing and losing my progress situation. Any help would be appreciated.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I have not had any of those save issues on ps4 pro yet.

Sorry to hear to Xbox players :(

I hope you all get a fix ASAP
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• TigerMorganTigerMorgan Posts: 1 New Member
    I have been playing The Sims 4 for quite some time now on my Xbox One but for some reason I had to Sims max out in the business career and I didn't get my achievement also the most frustrating one of them all is the woohoo in the rocket ship achievement both of my Sims are married have maxed friendship and maxed love relationship both were flirty and I even used the moodlet solver to make sure all of their needs were filled I've woohooed and a rocket ship like 20 times now and the achievement is still not unlocking is there something I'm doing wrong someone please help