Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My Review of C&D

For what it's worth i'd like to give my opinion of C&D.

i'll start with things that i like. sometimes i find that starting with the good makes the bad a little more palatable.

Pros: (in no particular order)
-CAS- the clothes just keep getting better and better. The curly hair looks fantastic. i know how difficult this can be
-CAP- speaks for itself
- i really love the fact that we can go along with the sim and the dog when they "go for a walk" or "jog" together. In the sims 2 they went off camera for this. with that being said i also like that they have to put on the leash
- i enjoy that toddlers interact with the animals, even in the puppy age
- the higher the relationship between owner and pet, the more interactions unlock
- the presence of a cat or a dog adds to the family dynamic and bring a bit of chaos for some and routine for other families.
- pet illnesses
- ability to visit the vet
- BB is beautiful

Cons: (in no particular order)
- Child aged sims can't walk the dog. missed opportunity here. i know in previous iterations they couldn't, so a good opportunity to add something different
- dogs cannot sleep on a double bed with 1 sim
- few options for bet beds (2 only. :/ ) what about rich ostentatious sims that like to spoil their animals. i didn't see any over the top stuff for those sims/pets
- outside of the agility course... what purpose does the course hold. there's no competition between other pets that would justify training your pet up in agility
- no play interaction for puppy and owner. to me that is THE BEST PART about puppies, how much they love to play. missed out completely. not sure why
- kittens just "know" to use the litter box. Interestingly we have to train toddlers to go potty, gotta train the puppies, but kittens.. they are born knowing to go to the litter box. missed opportunity and would have provided another incentive for players to play the kitten stage outside of their cuteness

lastly and i'm not sure how to about fully describing this con: i wasn't wowed. they way the pack was hyped i was expecting to be wowed and i wasn't. i'm not "mad at it". it's enjoyable. I've been playing since since it came out and incorporating the pack into my previous ongoing story.

i'll probably come back and add some more once i've played through the vet career!

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    orkhid22 wrote: »

i'll start with things that i like. sometimes i find that starting with the good makes the bad a little more palatable.

-CAS- the clothes just keep getting better and better. The curly hair looks fantastic. i know how difficult this can be
    -CAP- speaks for itself
    - i really love the fact that we can go along with the sim and the dog when they "go for a walk" or "jog" together. In the sims 2 they went off camera for this. with that being said i also like that they have to put on the leash
    - the higher the relationship between owner and pet, the more interactions unlock
    - the presence of a cat or a dog adds to the family dynamic and bring a bit of chaos for some and routine for other families.
    - pet illnesses
    - BB is beautiful

- Child aged sims can't walk the dog. missed opportunity here. i know in previous iterations they couldn't, so a good opportunity to add something different
    - few options for bet beds (2 only. :/ ) what about rich ostentatious sims that like to spoil their animals. i didn't see any over the top stuff for those sims/pets
    - outside of the agility course... what purpose does the course hold. there's no competition between other pets that would justify training your pet up in agility
    - no play interaction for puppy and owner. to me that is THE BEST PART about puppies, how much they love to play. missed out completely. not sure why
    - kittens just "know" to use the litter box. Interestingly we have to train toddlers to go potty, gotta train the puppies, but kittens.. they are born knowing to go to the litter box. missed opportunity and would have provided another incentive for players to play the kitten stage outside of their cuteness

lastly and i'm not sure how to about fully describing this con: i wasn't wowed. they way the pack was hyped i was expecting to be wowed and i wasn't. i'm not "mad at it". it's enjoyable. I've been playing since since it came out and incorporating the pack into my previous ongoing story.

i'll probably come back and add some more once i've played through the vet career!

Kittens actually do pick up from their mom to use a litterbox as soon as their eyes are open. Most of my kittens were self trained by two weeks old by me giving them a small kitten size litter box in their play pen. Puppies do not self train - believe me - no matter how often their dog parents show them. I have been in pet rescue a long, long time so I have plenty of practice with dogs and cats and their offspring.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »

-CAP- speaks for itself
    - pet illnesses
    - BB is beautiful

I agree with everything, especially the bolded part, his parent was at work, the dog wanted to go for a walk, sadly the kid can't and its disappointing that the dog keep following my sim child wherever he goes because the dog want to go for a walk, even the child sim can't.
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I don't remember training my cat to use a litter box.