Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Combined list of most pet issues that simmers are having

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited November 2017

Yes, you can right click on them to have the camera zoom in on them. Also, you can use the whistle to have the pet come to you.
    JoBass24us wrote: »

I just tested this and in fact you can click their UI portrait and the camera does center in on them.

Yes. I think that what Jean was posting about was something different. She meant that she didn't have a clear view of the pet's needs, so it ran away twice. It wasn't that she literally didn't have a clear view of the pet. I misunderstood their meaning the first time.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    - Food bowls disappear after leaving the lot.
    Example: you buy a new shiny food bowl for your doggy, place it in the kitchen, leave the lot to go to a park/cafe/anywhere, you come back, and the bowl is gone and you have to buy a new one. As a result you end up spending a lot of money.
    @SimGuruNick I tested it without any mods. It's an actual in game bug.

Also the teens homework is disappearing after travelling. The bowl is so annoying, been through so many already.
  • Lauren31Lauren31 Posts: 8 New Member
    I’m having a problem with breeding. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not because I can’t see the relationships, but when I encourage two dogs to breed together thought bubbles appear above their heads suggesting they don’t like each other, but I can’t seem to get them to become friends..

Anyone else had this issue?
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited November 2017
    Lauren31 wrote: »
    I’m having a problem with breeding. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not because I can’t see the relationships, but when I encourage two dogs to breed together thought bubbles appear above their heads suggesting they don’t like each other, but I can’t seem to get them to become friends..

Anyone else had this issue?

Sadly you can't see pet relationships with other pets I do hope they add it in, but best guess is to see floating hearts from them be sure to check the thought bubble pet who they probably like :(

But it also sounds like a relationship bug possibly but I would keep an eye to see if there's actually something up or not
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • boopishboopish Posts: 143 Member
    I have an issue in create-a-pet where when I zoom in, the pet vanishes. I can't edit the details on my pet or anything. Also, adopting pets is basically a no-go. The adoption agent shows up, hangs around, and leaves without my pet ever showing up.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I think it makes sense not to control pets, but to block all ability to view important information (such as skills, age, etc.) is too much.

I hope they’ll allow us to view at least that. That’s how TS2 handled it.

but in real life we cant know those things about our pets i think its great and makes the game better that we can't know anything about our pets!
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    I think it makes sense not to control pets, but to block all ability to view important information (such as skills, age, etc.) is too much.

but in real life we cant know those things about our pets i think its great and makes the game better that we can't know anything about our pets!

In real life you can't have vampires, ghosts and you can't be kidnapped by an alien and return pregnant, sorry I understand the decision not to make them controllable to make them more 'alive' but not showing any information about your pet except their names is too much!
    brendhan21 wrote: »

I definitely know in real life when my dog is hungry, or sleepy, needs to potty, or wants attention. Heck, I know when my /guinea pigs/ have those needs.

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    boopish wrote: »
    I have an issue in create-a-pet where when I zoom in, the pet vanishes. I can't edit the details on my pet or anything. Also, adopting pets is basically a no-go. The adoption agent shows up, hangs around, and leaves without my pet ever showing up.

Do you have the "no smile" mod? People were saying in another thread that it was causing some of these issues.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    The can't adopt a pet is a mod issue. Mine was cc items not mods
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    You can't? Or so you think anyway. I know people who would differ with you on those three things - especially ghosts.

But not knowing those things in pets is realism and it does make for more realistic play for many people. I sort of like it.

Curious do you have talking dogs and cats? LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• bandit5bandit5 Posts: 917 Member
    Take out your mod folder and try adopting a pet.
    edited November 2017

Do you have the "no smile" mod? People were saying in another thread that it was causing some of these issues.

No, I don't believe I do. I do have a no fade mod, I just deleted it and I'll see if that works. I thought it might be the UI Cheats Extended Mod, but that was just updated/I've updated it today. The only mods I have outside of those is a mod that lets you travel to career lots.
    Bol756 wrote: »
    The can't adopt a pet is a mod issue. Mine was cc items not mods

May I ask which CC?
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    It's disappointing that we can't have a look at their exact age. I haven't played the game yet because unfortunately my pre-order has been delayed... Like, kill me this instant. But from what I've seen in everyone's videos and pictures, it's kind of annoying. I'm not really concerned about their needs, since the "What's wrong?" interaction is quite handy. But it would be nice if we could see their relationships, family trees, age, maybe some skills and so on.
  • MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    I would like to add that I too would like it if we were able to click on pets to find out their age/skills/basic information etc.
    tFU6JMe.png

No, I don't believe I do. I do have a no fade mod, I just deleted it and I'll see if that works. I thought it might be the UI Cheats Extended Mod, but that was just updated/I've updated it today. The only mods I have outside of those is a mod that lets you travel to career lots.

I can confirm now that the fading issue in CAP was due to the No Fade Sims and Objects mod.
  • SkewedReality04SkewedReality04 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Example: you buy a new shiny food bowl for your doggy, place it in the kitchen, leave the lot to go to a park/cafe/anywhere, you come back, and the bowl is gone and you have to buy a new one. As a result you end up spending a lot of money.

Yep I have this too, it’s only happened with one house, but hasn’t happened in my sims apartment so I’m not sure if where the sim lives is related or not.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I can confirm now that the fading issue in CAP was due to the No Fade Sims and Objects mod.

Oh good! Glad you figured it out. I stripped my game down to vanilla for awhile since this pack has devastated so many mods and so much cc. I figure it's going to take creators awhile to sort things out. I know deaderpool is busting his hump to get his fixed and I'm sure others are too.

• munchoz2munchoz2 Posts: 6 New Member
    Wonder if anyone else is experiencing this... I have no mods, but have A TON of cc (something like 10Gb worth!). If I delete everything out of my mods folder, my Sim can pick up her pets just fine. If I put even one item in my mods folder (i.e., a painting...something pets wouldn't even interact with), then my Sim can't pick up her pets. I ran all of the Sims4Studio batch fixes, including the newest cats and dogs one, which did indeed fix other gameplay issues I was having but I can't seem to get this fixed. Repairing the game did not fix it. My Sim is living in a base game house so it isn't an issue with anything in the tray folder. Anybody have any ideas for fixing?
    LOL I love how it says I'm a 'new member' when I've been lurking on these boards for 8 years! Guess that will teach me to lurk but not post! :o)
    Oh and I don't know if anyone has mentioned this glitch either but I can't seem to place loveseats. They just disappear but then reappear once the game is restarted.
  • murmar15murmar15 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having a problem in Create a Pet where when I go to make a dog, it glitches out and makes this like grass background and I am not able to click anything. I took my mods out to see if that would fix it, but it is still happening. Any thoughts?
  • PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member

Yep I have this too, it’s only happened with one house, but hasn’t happened in my sims apartment so I’m not sure if where the sim lives is related or not.
    Could you test to see if it happens with other households?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    So would anyone recommend this expansion or is it too flawed with lots of bugs. Would Maxis release a patch quickly to fix any bugs or would we have to wait a month as the usual patches are issued?
    Kind regards James.

I think it’s a bit unrealistic for anyone to expect a game to be “bug-free.” James I will be 100% honest with you. I am NOT Sims 4’s biggest fan. Prior to the announcement of C & D, I wasn’t playing at all and I own all of the packs. I was just bored. I wanted more for my Sims to do. I wanted the game to be more family oriented.

Fast forward to the “pets” announcement and I started gaining interest in the Sims again. When I saw the Create a Pet videos and the gameplay videos I was drooling. This pack is EXACTLY what I wanted for the game. The pets are BEAUTIFUL. They really are and I love that they act like pets too. I recommend that you give it a try if you can afford it. I love it so far - bugs or no bugs.

Thanks so much for your comments Guy's. It will help me make an informed choice.
    Kind regards James.