Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I Buy The Console Edition?

Dunno if I should buy it or not. Maybe ask for it for Christmas. Please help.

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Depends. Do you already have it on PC? Does the game run smoothly?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, then sure buy it on console.

If you answered yes to both, then no don’t buy it on console.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, it's nearly identical to the PC version, but there's no gallery, mods, or CC. Plus the packs will take a while to port over. And there might be some gameplay limits due to the console's hardware.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, there's no need to get the console version if you already have the PC/Mac version, since the console version is basically a straight port this time around. I wouldn't just get the console port if I already have it on PC/Mac unless I was one of those hardcore collectors and was going for a boxed copy for my collection. If it's just to play, well...not much point.
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    I think I might even though I have it on my laptop. Because my game runs terribly and it’s difficult to play. I’ve wanted to do a legacy since the game came out and this might be my chance! Thanks guys!
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    EA lives for guys who will buy it twice.

I've seen the CAS for Console. It's good, but the way you can drag to the last pixel seems a lot less. And people complain about the controls (because obviously, it's not exactly a joystick game)
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I say yes, the game looks amazing on console. Ive only really heard good things
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    I would say yes, as i had played sims before on console i didnt enjoy it. As i have been playing Sims 3 for long time and feel that i'm missing out on the new series and love the new interactions feels more updated.

I have an old computer so i would need to spend $1000's on new on for new game, so i'm picking up the game on Xbox One.

I signed up yesterday on EA Access and been playing for few hours (10 hours limit) so the game runs very smoothly, amazing graphics, and feel like you playing the pc version.
  • Options
    rekandtrsrekandtrs Posts: 1,017 Member
    edited November 2017
    I say yes, especially if your laptop runs terribly. I’m in the same boat. My pc can run settings on high but it crashes all the time. Which inevitably makes it not so enjoyable on PC. I’m so excited this time around the console game is just like the pc version. I haven’t played sims on console since, Sims Bustin out & Sims 2 (which was really fun imo) so the choice is really yours. I preordered it. The only concern is the controls which will take some time getting used to. Don’t let the controls scare you away from the game. Because after you play it so much it will get easier. And who knows on down the line they may decide to do mouse and keyboard support on consoles. Which would be amazing for people that like to use mouse and keyboard and play sims that way, but can’t afford a high end gaming pc to play it on high end settings. I appualed the team so much for making a console version that is just like pc.
    Post edited by rekandtrs on