Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

City Living - Complain to neighbours

So, I know the sims team has been trying to provide us players some more "drama", but I think it's weird that we don't have the option to ask the neighbors NICELY to stop. My sims are always polite and easy, and more often than not I try to put myself in their shoes.
I would never ever yell at a neighbor for being too loud! I would either ask nicely or wait till they're done.
I don't know anything about codes and animations and stuff, but it doesn't seem like it would take a lot of resources to implement this in the game with a patch. Is it?
what do you think?

-Yarden.

Comments

• boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    I would appreciate that. I like the idea of noisy neighbors but it happens so often. Being nice for a change would spice things up.
  • worldofdrakanworldofdrakan Posts: 329 Member
    Yes, this is a wonderful idea! I currently have a mod installed to prevent noisy neighbors, not only because it happens so often, but because you only have to option to tell your neighbor rudely to stop, and they're often rude to your Sim in response. I think your neighbors would be more inclined to be considerate if you were able to ask them nicely to tone it down.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I thought that there used to be an option to ask nicely. I could have sworn...

Am I having a Mandela effect?

Weird.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Cynna wrote: »

Weird.

Me too...
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Weird.

Even in some youtube videos of players playing city living I see the option to ask nicely
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    what??? all I'm playing since city living got out is apartments, I had never ever seen an ask nicely option....
    what?! I even remember the sim supply got mad/frustrated because he didn't have an ask nicely option...could it be a glitch like the festivals glitches that some people have and some dont?

-Yarden.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Weird.

Yep. I get the option to knock politely or pound on the door.
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    what??? all I'm playing since city living got out is apartments, I had never ever seen an ask nicely option....
    what?! I even remember the sim supply got mad/frustrated because he didn't have an ask nicely option...could it be a glitch like the festivals glitches that some people have and some dont?

The weird thing about TS4 is that everyone's game seems to be different -- not particularly in a good way, either.

Simply from reading these forums, it seems that the game doesn't always fire off options for everyone as it's supposed to. For example, I rarely, if ever, get the kiss on cheek option anymore. I've seen Sims do it autonomously, however. When I'm trying to get them to do something else. (Grrrrr!) I've tried pulling out mods, deleting the cache files and trying again. Still, no bueno.

I've resorted to trying to make a pose for the interaction in blender because the option just doesn't come up for me when I need it. It won't be animated but, at least, I can get a darn screenshot of the interaction when I need it.

So, all I can offer you is to do the same. Try to determine if it may be a mod that you have. If the problem is not caused by a mod...well, try to work around it somehow? Personally, I ignore the neighbors unless they're integral to the story that I'm trying to tell.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    fullspiral wrote: »

Weird.

Yep. I get the option to knock politely or pound on the door.

there's a difference between knock politely and pound on door to ask nicely. I always choose the knock politely option, and then all I can do is "complain angrily about noise" something like that.

-Yarden.
    Yardenro wrote: »

The weird thing about TS4 is that everyone's game seems to be different -- not particularly in a good way, either.

Simply from reading these forums, it seems that the game doesn't always fire off options for everyone as it's supposed to. For example, I rarely, if ever, get the kiss on cheek option anymore. I've seen Sims do it autonomously, however. When I'm trying to get them to do something else. (Grrrrr!) I've tried pulling out mods, deleting the cache files and trying again. Still, no bueno.

I've resorted to trying to make a pose for the interaction in blender because the option just doesn't come up for me when I need it. It won't be animated but, at least, I can get a darn screenshot of the interaction when I need it.

So, all I can offer you is to do the same. Try to determine if it may be a mod that you have. If the problem is not caused by a mod...well, try to work around it somehow? Personally, I ignore the neighbors unless they're integral to the story that I'm trying to tell.

my guess is that's a glitch in my game and some of the other players here too, not a mod.
    IDK, I HOPE there will be a way to fix it.

-Yarden.
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    Yes, this is a wonderful idea! I currently have a mod installed to prevent noisy neighbors, not only because it happens so often, but because you only have to option to tell your neighbor rudely to stop, and they're often rude to your Sim in response. I think your neighbors would be more inclined to be considerate if you were able to ask them nicely to tone it down.

Every night just as I got the 5 toddlers to bed. At least the neighbour would help get the toddlers back to bed lol
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

What’s the name of this mod? I downloaded a mod that’s supposed to stop noisy neighbors but it didn’t work.
  • ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I can't stay in certain apartments, very night there was issues with woohooing or partying.