Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something interesting in the Patch Note

At the end of the Patch Note, there goes...
"Until then, don’t worry about who’s got your tongue, the bag is just fine being empty, and one day we’ll catch curiosity and lock him up for what he’s done!"

I'm not going to get anyone on the hype train, but...
Worry about, empty bag, catch and "lock him up"... Could this be a hint for... burglars...?

To clarify, this is pure guessing...

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Sounds to me more like they’re saying don’t worry about if we have burglars or not and just focus on the fact we have pets coming. In other words, they want us to not distract ourselves from pets. Like we can’t multitask or something
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I don't think so, the said in the last live stream that they won't add burglars because they don't want crime in the game
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have to agree with Chazzzy. If anything, they're telling us to stop wanting burglars as "the bag is just fine being empty" meaning the game is just fine without burglars. I, personally, don't agree. I want burglars back. And real cops and firemen.
  • Options
    dancenow13dancenow13 Posts: 160 Member
    I don't think so, the said in the last live stream that they won't add burglars because they don't want crime in the game

They have come out and said multiple times that that comment was a joke.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    RexZheng wrote: »
    "Until then, don’t worry about who’s got your tongue, the bag is just fine being empty, and one day we’ll catch curiosity and lock him up for what he’s done!"

Worry about, empty bag, catch and "lock him up"... Could this be a hint for... burglars...?

Omg I missed that! That does really sound like a hint. It sounds like they were doing a play on "don't let the cat out the bag" and "curiosity killed the cat" But the locking up part seems to be a hint to burglars.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member

I think it's cat puns. Cat got your tongue? Let the cat out of the bag. Curiosity killed the cat.

I am fairly sure that is all it is.

This. They're just allusions to idioms with cats. :p

Although I wouldn't mind burglars making a return. The game doesn't feel complete without them.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    edited October 2017
    But burglars break into homes at night. The vampires were really popular amongst us for doing this...not!

I'd only accept burglars if it was possible for the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 attack dog I'm gonna make with the upcoming EP to bite their plum!

Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I hope if we do get burglars that we can prevent them from breaking in with a lot trait or something
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member

Well I do, that's why I have mods. What good are criminals with no crime?
  • Options
    WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    DivieOwl wrote: »
    I have to agree with Chazzzy. If anything, they're telling us to stop wanting burglars as "the bag is just fine being empty" meaning the game is just fine without burglars. I, personally, don't agree. I want burglars back. And real cops and firemen.

I think this is more a reference to Schrödinger than burglers...
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member

that would never make sense or be serious since they have a whole career about crime, along with traits and lifegoals..
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

You do realize that those are CAT references. "cat's got your tongue", "cat's out of the bag", "curiosity killed the cat" and "cat burglar".
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Those are all sayings to do with cats.....

Has the cat got your tongue?
    The cat is in the bag.
    Curiousity killed the cat.

Nothing to do with burglars. Just referencing the upcoming C&D EP.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    edited October 2017
    I mean, maybe the “bag being empty is fine” is saying saying that it’s better if the burglar’s bag is empty, meaning they haven’t stolen anything
    Idk. That’s just how I interpreted it. Could be wrong. Could be about The EP
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I mean, maybe the “bag being empty is fine” is saying saying that it’s better if the burglar’s bag is empty, meaning they haven’t stolen anything
    Idk. That’s just how I interpreted it. Could be wrong. Could be about The EP

It's got nothing to do with burglars. "The cat is out of the bag" is a phrase meaning that a secret is out.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    It's about cats not burglars! Some peoples imagination is just running too wild, stop trying to find hints/conspiracies in every little sentence the gurus say lol. Sometimes a cat is just a cat. :D
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    "Until then, don’t worry about who’s got your tongue"
    Referring to the saying "Cat got your tongue" Which means you cannot speak or have a hard time finding words to say.

"The bag is just fine being empty"
    Referring to the saying "Who let the cat out of the bag" Which means telling a secret or saying something that was meant to remain private.

"and one day we’ll catch curiosity and lock him up for what he’s done!"
    Referring to the saying "Curiosity killed the cat" Which means being curious can get you hurt. The second part of the saying is that "Satisfaction brought it back" so in using these puns if they catch curiosity then they should award satisfaction :tongue:

• Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Referring to the saying "Cat got your tongue" Which means you cannot speak or have a hard time finding words to say.

Referring to the saying "Who let the cat out of the bag" Which means telling a secret or saying something that was meant to remain private.

Referring to the saying "Curiosity killed the cat" Which means being curious can get you hurt. The second part of the saying is that "Satisfaction brought it back" so in using these puns if they catch curiosity then they should award satisfaction :tongue:

Thank you - sense after the burglar talk.
    I kept thinking , some hasn't heard those phrases before to know what that stuff meant , so I'm so glad someone pointed it out.
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    cyncla wrote: »

I kept thinking , some hasn't heard those phrases before to know what that stuff meant , so I'm so glad someone pointed it out.

Might be their native language is not English. Some of the idioms meaning might be lost in translation. ;)
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    They have said the pre-game patch is gonna be big/contain some cool stuff. Maybe it's possible the burglars could come with the patch and the pets may/may not react during a break in. I don't let myself get my hopes up, but I do think that it's possible those things were put there intentionally. I understand they're common cat phrases but they're written in a more foreshadowing fashion, at least that's how I read them. Who knows...I'd welcome the burglars though, I miss them!
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    RexZhengRexZheng Posts: 201 Member

I think it's cat puns. Cat got your tongue? Let the cat out of the bag. Curiosity killed the cat.

Dannydanbo wrote: »

You do realize that those are CAT references. "cat's got your tongue", "cat's out of the bag", "curiosity killed the cat" and "cat burglar".
    fullspiral wrote: »

The cat is in the bag.

Thanks for clarifying! English is not my native language. So the "Curiosity kills a cat" aside, I didn't know the other sayings.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member

Dannydanbo wrote: »

fullspiral wrote: »

The cat is in the bag.

Thanks for clarifying! English is not my native language. So the "Curiosity kills a cat" aside, I didn't know the other sayings.

"cat's out of the bag" means the secret is out. "Cat got your tongue" is for when someone is being explicable quiet..but on the other hand it *could* be a reference of 1993 Disney Hocus Pocus movie and the character of Thackary Binx (who got changed into a black cat)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Cat references. Cat's out of the bag. Curiosty killed the cat. Cat got your tongue?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    cyncla wrote: »

Might be their native language is not English. Some of the idioms meaning might be lost in translation. ;)

Exactly , and so , now , I'm glad so many have cleared it up.