Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Beginnings - Building Newcrest *07-11-22*

AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
Thank you for stopping by to check out my story!
<3<3<3
New Beginnings a spin off from my previous story Starting Over – Escape to Nowhere.

The Build Newcrest Challenge is a basis for this story along with some ideas from I’m a Lover Challenge to add drama.

I will be loosely following the rules of the two challenges as I merge them together. The rules will be a guideline for the story so there could be some spoilers - but probably not too many as I may mix it up depending upon how I see the next generation going.

Ben Murdock, the 'founder', is the second son of the Heroine of Starting Over. You don't have to read that story to understand what it going on in this one. If you want to read it, it is complete and linked at the top of this page and in my siggy below.

This thread will be used to link to chapter updates and reader comments. Enjoy!
Post edited by AudreyFld on

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    edited December 2019
    Post edited by AudreyFld on
    Prologue - Ben and his best friend get ready to head to college in San Myshuno!

Z2mRhjL.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited October 2017
    Ben is such a cutie! And full of himself but I expect some girl to take him down a few notches. Could that be Sofia?

Gemma go away. No one likes you.

And ooohhh! You're doing the Im a lover Challenge. I feel for all your heirs and their poor families. Ha! :joy:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    I loved this and I can't wait for more!

I love Sofia already.
    Niemalyn97 wrote: »
    I loved this and I can't wait for more!

I love Sofia already.

Thank you for reading! <3 She is a sweetheart for sure.
    Ben is such a cutie! And full of himself but I expect some girl to take him down a few notches. Could that be Sofia?

Gemma go away. No one likes you.

And ooohhh! You're doing the Im a lover Challenge. I feel for all your heirs and their poor families. Ha! :joy:

Do you think I'm insane? :joy: I have both challenges as guides for this story. I am only using it 'loosely' as I try to merge the two together.
    Yeah, I use it sort of loosely. I try to do what my plot wants but it is a guideline and it creates drama inherently. I sort of fudge on some of the age requirements.

I think merging those two challenges are a good mix because (I'm not absolutely sure so correct me if I'm wrong), in Newcrest, isn't it just about each generation creating a new building? Or are there other requirements?
    FWIW, I can't see Ben being a romance novelist. Can't wait to see how you spin that one! I'm very intrigued!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Yeah, I use it sort of loosely. I try to do what my plot wants but it is a guideline and it creates drama inherently. I sort of fudge on some of the age requirements.

I think merging those two challenges are a good mix because (I'm not absolutely sure so correct me if I'm wrong), in Newcrest, isn't it just about each generation creating a new building? Or are there other requirements?
    FWIW, I can't see Ben being a romance novelist. Can't wait to see how you spin that one! I'm very intrigued!
    Well - I did say loosely! Haha! Ben isn't going down that path. I don't think I could make that one believable. Although he may have a lot of romance stories already to tell. :blush:

I am going for the first gen with the rules more in line with Newcrest and it is about creating buildings but there are a few 'job' requirements along the way and Ben will definitely have one of those. >:) That's partially why I wanted to incorporate I'm a Lover because it gives all kinds of dramatic scenarios to incorporate into the mix.
  • MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    This shoud be interesting....
  • CeeMiltonCeeMilton Posts: 94 Member
    Looks interesting, I'm going to keep an eye on this series. :)
    MINEZ wrote: »
    This shoud be interesting....
    I can promise lots of surprises! Ben is a hot mess...
    CeeMilton wrote: »
    Looks interesting, I'm going to keep an eye on this series. :)
    Yes. We should have a new chapter by this weekend so stay tuned!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Love how you wove the epilogue and the prologue together. Nice to see how Ben feels about his family and extended family members. I am surprised by a few of his feelings and not by most. Love the look Sofia had when Ben kissed Gemma and the horror she felt when dragged away for a makeover. I was thinking what a cute couple Ben and Sofia would make. But then I think Ben has a bunch of growing up to do and some maturity to gain before he's ready for something serious. Maybe Sofia will be the one and maybe not. I try not to hope to much for certain character's as I seem to get my heart broke so much. Wonderful start to a story! :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I agree about tying the epilogue and prologue together. It was really well done.

I like the dynamics between Ben/Nick and Ben/Sofia - I also am not a huge fan of Gemma, but considering she's, what, 18? I can't really hold it against her. I definitely liked Ben's point of views about his family, it makes things super interesting and I'm excited to see where his journey takes him.

I expect something to eventually happen between him and Sofia, but am not sure if it will or not (and if it does, I don't know that this is the right time for it, Ben would screw it up and also ruin his friendship in the process).
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    haswh wrote: »
    Love how you wove the epilogue and the prologue together. Nice to see how Ben feels about his family and extended family members. I am surprised by a few of his feelings and not by most. Love the look Sofia had when Ben kissed Gemma and the horror she felt when dragged away for a makeover. I was thinking what a cute couple Ben and Sofia would make. But then I think Ben has a bunch of growing up to do and some maturity to gain before he's ready for something serious. Maybe Sofia will be the one and maybe not. I try not to hope to much for certain character's as I seem to get my heart broke so much. Wonderful start to a story! :)

Hah! Have to root for your peeps - right?
    Thank you. I thought using the party would be a good way to see everyone from Ben's perspective and formthose that didn't read Starting Over, it gives some idea as to his family life. Ben thinks it's all about him and his family hasn't figured it out yet! Maybe when he gets on his own he will realize his family does care about him. We will see. I totally stole that line from @CitizenErased14! :joy:

Yes, Sofia was horrified that she was getting a makeover. She is content to stay a wallflower. She and Ben are more like brother/sister and he is off to college. But maybe he will see her on breaks - if he goes home. Ben swears he is a confirmed bachelor for life - although I agree he's got a lot of growing up to do.
    I agree about tying the epilogue and prologue together. It was really well done.

I like the dynamics between Ben/Nick and Ben/Sofia - I also am not a huge fan of Gemma, but considering she's, what, 18? I can't really hold it against her. I definitely liked Ben's point of views about his family, it makes things super interesting and I'm excited to see where his journey takes him.

I expect something to eventually happen between him and Sofia, but am not sure if it will or not (and if it does, I don't know that this is the right time for it, Ben would screw it up and also ruin his friendship in the process).
    Gemma, Ben, Nick and Val are 18. Sofia is 17, a year younger and a year behind them in school. Ben is totally only interested in one thing from Gemma. A good time.

He would definitely ruin his friendship with Sofia if he tried anything with her. It was good she freaked out.

Ben and Nick are great friends and balance each other out.
    Chapter 1 - Home Sweet Home - Ben and Nick move into their 'new to them' apartment.
    I promise screenshots will get better as I learn my way around TS4. :smirk:

:)Nick and Ben :)

aLZgK1a.jpg

• Niemalyn97Niemalyn97 Posts: 76 Member
    Oooh. I wonder what's going to happen with those ladies... and at the party.
    Stay strong, Nick! Stick with Val and don't cheat! I believe in you!
    Bens already getting busy with the ladies! And he's trying to make Nick cheat! Ben!!! You're such a bad boy!!! >:)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Of course I'm very protective of Val, but I really can't wait to see what happens when Sofia finds out about this party and Ben's behavior. Didn't she move up in the same area with them? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Excited to see what happens at the party!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited October 2017
    Niemalyn97 wrote: »
    Oooh. I wonder what's going to happen with those ladies... and at the party.
    Stay strong, Nick! Stick with Val and don't cheat! I believe in you!
    We shall see. Ben is not very helpful here!
    Bens already getting busy with the ladies! And he's trying to make Nick cheat! Ben!!! You're such a bad boy!!! >:)
    Yep...he doesn't get why Nick wants to be tied down! That's no fun - right! :D
    Of course I'm very protective of Val, but I really can't wait to see what happens when Sofia finds out about this party and Ben's behavior. Didn't she move up in the same area with them? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Excited to see what happens at the party!
    The party should be fun and we will meet some of the other sims. Sofia is back home in Twinbrook nearly 300 miles away. She is still in high school. She and Nick are close in age but not twins. So unless someone tells her, she won't find out about the party. Of course, she fully expects that behavior from Ben but not from her brother. He and Val dated for a long time and we're pretty serious.
    edited October 2017
    And so college life begins. Already they have two hot girls and a party coming up! It will be interesting to meet their neighbors and some of the college crowd. Nick please be a good boy! Or at least break it off with your girlfriend before you cheat on her. I'm sure Ben will find his next victim girlfriend at the party if he hasn't already. ;)
  • CeeMiltonCeeMilton Posts: 94 Member
    and thus starts college life starts, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Also love Nick and Bens dynamic.
    haswh wrote: »
    And so college life begins. Already they have two hot girls and a party coming up! It will be interesting to meet their neighbors and some of the college crowd. Nick please be a good boy! Or at least break it off with your girlfriend before you cheat on her. I'm sure Ben will find his next victim girlfriend at the party if he hasn't already. ;)
    Oh yes - he already is sizing up Emma. No telling what Nick's going to do. He needs to not let Ben influence him and stay strong...but can he? With alcohol flowing free.ply and a girl that is already coming on to you....and 300 miles separating you from your girl? Hmmmm. >:)

CeeMilton wrote: »
    and thus starts college life starts, looking forward to seeing where this goes. Also love Nick and Bens dynamic.
    Yes...good 'ol care free college life! I'm glad you like their dynamic. They play off of each other very well. But Ben could be a bad influence on Nick where the opposite sex is concerned. :p

• MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    Off to a interesting start....like Rachael's makeover....
    MINEZ wrote: »
    Off to a interesting start....like Rachael's makeover....
    Thanks. Glad you approve. :)
    Chapter 2 - The Party - Meet some of the neighbors...

Emma and Ben hit it off
    r0zxTcT.png
    Nick my boy you sure are messed up but at least thinking of your girlfriend! Ben is just a plain womanizer not sure if Emma will go for it or not. I have a feeling he will make the rounds and get a not so good reputation in college.
    Great chapter and lots of hotties to look at! :)