Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbor Intruder

Helllllo there, I have a serious question.
There's a guy that no matter which save I'm playing - keeps BARGING in my apartment saying something like "I'm so happy I have an access to your place" something like that.
No, I didn't give him the key to my place. Every save I play he's the same guy (black, redhead, chubby) with different names.
So, is it a san myshuno thing? do you have that guy too in your game? is it part of the pack?
I hate him!!!

-Yarden.

Comments

• Aesir26Aesir26 Posts: 304 Member
    While I don't get that guy specifically it does sound like a glitch since you said you didn't give him a key. Moments like that are why I lock the door for everyone but my household.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Can't you go into household management and delete that annoyance?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Apartment neighbours can be annoying. My sims neighbour stands outside his apartment constantly. Sometimes he falls asleep and he pees himself. All because I wouldn't let him visit.

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    Helllllo there, I have a serious question.
    There's a guy that no matter which save I'm playing - keeps BARGING in my apartment saying something like "I'm so happy I have an access to your place" something like that.
    No, I didn't give him the key to my place. Every save I play he's the same guy (black, redhead, chubby) with different names.
    So, is it a san myshuno thing? do you have that guy too in your game? is it part of the pack?
    I hate him!!!

Do you keep picking the same apartment? Maybe move next time. The game has regular townies who show up in all games, I used to get the klepto (even in different worlds) after I installed CL.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    @Cinebar no, that's what strange, he shows up in every apartment (different ones every time).
    when I posted this I thought it mayyyy be something in the game itself as a feature like those sims who run with towels on the street at night in CL.
    but I guess it really is a glitch i and only i have. weird.

THANK YOU ALL for your answers:)

-Yarden.
  • CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    I have a sim in the art district and right across their apartment is a couple with a toddler. The wife always barges in and since I locked the door, she and her husband just stand in the hallway
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Apartment neighbours can be annoying. My sims neighbour stands outside his apartment constantly. Sometimes he falls asleep and he pees himself. All because I wouldn't let him visit.

Yeah when I played in the city I got that all the time.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »

Yeah when I played in the city I got that all the time.

'Smarter' Sims, Weirder Stories. Right? lol
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • djmollsinodjmollsino Posts: 33 Member
    Funny, living in the spice district, Akira Kibo kept showing up unannounced and cuddling my infants. Guess it's just a city thing.
  • Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    I've not had a specific person, nor did they say they had access, but in some of my saves in the city my neighbors acted like I had no door and they would not leave. I finally started locking my door for everyone but my household, but then I could not invite anyone over.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited October 2017
    Does your neighbor have Goofball or Insane trait? If they have one of the traits, then it is not a bug.
    You can check their traits when travelling by map or while being in the Manage Worlds.
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Does your neighbor have Goofball or Insane trait? If they have one of the traits, then it is not a bug.
    You can check their traits when travelling by map or while being in the Manage Worlds.
    OMG he IS Insane!!!!
    thank you so much! at least now I have an explanation to this annoyance!

-Yarden.
  • agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    This is why I always say - get MCCC. Your gameplay experience will improve greatly with this mod, because you can take care of all these small annoyances with just one click thanks to it. My game bugged in a similar way a few months back, I used to get the same darn neighbor harassing my household 24/7, using their apartment, barging in at strange hours. Whenever this happens now I use MCCC to delete the unwanted sim on the spot. One click and poof, they're gone, no need to go to manage worlds. In my game it's always the landlord :s
    I do have MCCC, I just wanted to ask whether it's a glitch or an IN game thing

-Yarden.