Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Retail Stores

Hi! I have plans to buy a retail store for my sim...but he is going to move out on his own house so my question is: will my sim still own the retail store or will I loose control of it when I move a single sim out? I am wondering because this family has 3 members and now that I´m buying it, the whole household is buying it and owns it...so does anyone know how it goes..thanks :)...?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    As the retail store belongs to a household, if a sim moves out, that sim cannot manage the retail store anymore and if he visits it, the game sees him as a customer and only thing you can do there is buy things.
    However, if you move all the other sims out of the household and only sim there is him, he can manage retail store, but the other household member who have moved out cannot.
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    Okay thanks for the info.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Yes. Buy it after your sim moves out.

Have you considered leaving your sim as a part of the household (officially still living at home) and create a living space above the store where your sim lives? The household bills will still come to the house that will need to be paid and there's no telling what the rest of the household will get into with your concentration on this sim, but it might be a fun challenge. You could pop back into the original household while your sim is running the store to keep a check on things.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Yes, but after one of your Sims move out, as the Simmers above said.