Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Oh My God Simmers...

Everytime I read a suggestion or a request, people are silenced by comments like "Modders can do the rest!" "CC is here for that" LIKE GOD....WHY ARE WE HERE THEN? Not everyone uses mods.
Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?

Comments

• katykatkatekatykatkate Posts: 1 New Member
    Do YOU do not use mods? WHA?! *faints*
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Thank you for saying this.

Yeah, I don't. Surprise, surprise.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member

I do not use mods, too. Really afraid of using mods and CC. Not even trying that.
    Now you can faint two times. Happy fainting!
    (Sorry for sarcasm...)

Now you know another person who does not use mods.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't use mods either.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I agree. I've only ever had one mod for TS4 and don't really see them as an option. It's good that there are mods for really niche content, but we should not be dependent on mods for our games to be decent and functional.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    custom content is not an enmy custom content and mod are canbe of great help for 2 reason

1 it help to have content you went thats not avalable in game yet and 2 mods are usful to help the game run better not every players plays the same i use custom content and mod and have no regret doing so
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    I don't use mods or cc. Mods and cc are great for adding in either functionality like story progression or options for clothing, hair, or deco items, but it should not be used as a crutch or excuse for the developers to not fix the bugs or improve the game.

custom content is not an enmy custom content and mod are canbe of great help for 2 reason

1 it help to have content you went thats not avalable in game yet and 2 mods are usful to help the game run better not every players plays the same i use custom content and mod and have no regret doing so

By your reasoning, then there was no point to make a pack with laundry as the focus because there is so much CC laundry stuff already made by talented creators.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Yeah, no one is being silenced by such comments. This is a strawman thread.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member

By your reasoning, then there was no point to make a pack with laundry as the focus because there is so much CC laundry stuff already made by talented creators.

i have to disagree with you i went laundry to return as for me its useful content and makes sims homes more complete
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

i have to disagree with you i went laundry to return as for me its useful content and makes sims homes more complete

I know laundry is important to you but you stated that CC is for having things in the game that are not there. There is a ton of CC in the community for laundry machines and deco items so by your own reasons, a pack devoted to laundry was not needed.

How do you justify what is important to your gameplay vs what is important to other simmers?

I want body hair, piercings, funerals, and more supernaturals in the game. I want this content to be officially in the game, not a mod or CC.

Would you support these ideas because as you always say, not everyone plays the same way!
    Triplis wrote: »

That is not true. I personally have been attacked for posting about a bug or a glitch that I have, and been told to download a mod to "fix" it. When I said I don't use mods, I then get told by several people "if you don't want to fix your game, then don't come on here complaining about it because we told you MCCC will fix that"
    I should not have have a mod in order to have an alien abduction & pregnancy in my game. That was an advertised feature for GTW!
    I recommend reporting it to the moderators if you feel you're being treated rudely. We have active ones now.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    It only bothers me when this is a suggestion when I have problems in game I want solved by Maxis and someone says 'there's a mod for that'. lol
    I don't really want to use mods for 'fixes' and never have. I believe in telling the company what's wrong so they can change something for the better, even if I do rant, it's with good intentions. :D

That's how I feel
  • IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited September 2017
    I do get fed up sometimes when people complain that they don't use custom content (we're not talking about game-behaviour mods here) as if some physical condition they can't help is stopping them enjoying what CC users enjoy and it's all horribly unfair. The obvious reply is "so use it then".
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I do get fed up sometimes when people complain that they don't use custom content (we're not talking about game-behaviour mods here) as if some physical condition they can't help is stopping them enjoying what CC users enjoy and it's all horribly unfair. The obvious reply is "so use it then".

I get why many of us don't want mods and cc in TS4 since we have to install patches every month before the game disabled the stuff it was annoying as all get out to remove them monthly and put them back in. Even carpet.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    edited September 2017
    I do use mods, however I would prefer to have the options or features that I am using the mods for actually be created and made for the game by the gurus. There are somethings that mods are needed for but for the most part, if I would prefer not to but I do...except for CAS items. I love me some hair and clothes :wink:
    edited September 2017
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I would think the obvious reply would be "to each his own / I can't help you then, sorry, carry on."

Equally, on the other side of the coin, there's no reason for anyone to take offense to the mere suggestion of a mod that could potentially resolve a complaint. I don't believe insisting on it serves any helpful purpose, but at the offset, I doubt most of us are keeping tabs on who refuses to use mods and sometimes there are cases where someone is perfectly happy to download a mod that will address their complaint.

Edit: Also, though I don't hesitate to use mods myself, I can understand why some wouldn't want to. Mods are not vetted in the same way that Maxis content is and it's understood that you're taking on a certain risk that a mod might screw up your game in some way. With most mods for this game, the risk is probably negligible, especially if you let stuff stay disabled after a patch and only enable until you've gotten a go ahead or update from the creator. And most issues caused are probably just going to be a lastexception error that causes one or two details to not work as intended.

But it is an extra thing to take on and pay attention to, and some just aren't comfortable with it, I guess. Or don't want to bother with the hassle.
  • WulfsimmerWulfsimmer Posts: 4,381 Member

Says who?
    Random-gifs-random-18723411-368-312.gif

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?
    Wulfsimmer wrote: »

Says who?
    Like I said to gizzinator, it's recommended that you report someone if you feel they're being rude, as in the case of pushing someone to use mods rather than complaining.

The reason I said no one is being silenced is because it's the common sense position, seeing as how no forumgoers can take away your ability to post (aka: silence you). If you mean that people are being harassed into silence because they don't want to deal with the harassment, that's an area that moderators are here to handle and we have active ones now. So you're probably better off reporting the stuff when you see it than making a thread in Graham's Corner about it.

But if this is the way you want to go about it, obviously I have no power to silence you. :wink:
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I use mods mostly for CAS items since there is not a whole lot that suit my taste currently and there are a few modded game play items that I would like to see added but I also use them to tune the annoying things down until there can be a fix. I would like to play with far less mods at some point.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member

That is not true. I personally have been attacked for posting about a bug or a glitch that I have, and been told to download a mod to "fix" it. When I said I don't use mods, I then get told by several people "if you don't want to fix your game, then don't come on here complaining about it because we told you MCCC will fix that"
    I should not have have a mod in order to have an alien abduction & pregnancy in my game. That was an advertised feature for GTW!

Having bugs and issues sucks and CC can sometimes make them worse. While I see it can be a temporary fix, things like that should ultimately be fixed by the game's creators.

I say this and I use mods and CC... I actually have a CC clutter addiction, quite sad actually. Should there be a CC Anon?
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    On the contrary, today, someone posted on the bugs thread that the game broke a mod and now they can't play the game and they got mad at EA/Maxis because of that. *shakes head*
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • nolurknolurk Posts: 249 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    On the contrary, today, someone posted on the bugs thread that the game broke a mod and now they can't play the game and they got mad at EA/Maxis because of that. *shakes head*

Unfortunately, I've seen that argument going back to TS1 days--and I agree with you on the sentiment as it shouldn't be up to EA to "fix" a mod. It's been the case almost since day 1 of Sims1 of downloader beware that when they choose to put a mod or piece of cc in the game, it's with the understanding that EA (or Maxis, depending upon era) never has nor ever should be expected to support it--especially when it comes to patches. It is and has always been "as is" with respect to that type of content--and it's up to the modding community (and the respective modders who created something) to support it instead.

It seems like with every Sims game, we've seen the "OMG EA/Maxis broke <insert mod name here>" complaint as though they "owe" it to the community not to break it--while ignoring the fact that the game's code belongs to EA and is proprietary/closed source and therefore their's to do with as they see fit. If they choose to make a change to something, they have that right (or in some cases, may need to in order to either add new features or fix bugs or any outstanding issues the game may have) and if a mod gets broken or a piece of cc may not work as it had prior to the change by EA, it's not EA's responsibility nor "fault" per se. The game is not an open source project, afterall.

EA may allow the community (which would include the custom content creators and, obviously, modders) to play around in adding to things but at the end of the day, if something breaks or changes, it always has been up to the modders and creators to adjust accordingly and make changes when necessary--and for downloaders/players to be aware that when they add that mod or piece of cc to their game, they do so with the understanding that it's an "as-is" situation (even going back to the early tools we had for Sims1, I can remember there even being a disclaimer for creators about that fact).

While I respect a person's right to want to use mods or cc in their games, admittedly I'm not someone who does--especially not with respect to this particular installment of the Sims series. Just as if there's a bug somewhere with the game, itself, it should be up to EA to fix. However, as the old saying goes, to each their own and people's right to play a mod/custom content free game versus wanting to use cc and mods should be up to the individual.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top