The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the reason you keep coming back to the sims 4 rather then play 2/3?

I remember sims 3 had a ton of content but most of it was just stuff. I always try to go back and play sims 3 because of everything you could do. I'll build my family and then my house and start to play then my sim will wave in the air and get stuck or they put there food down to talk. I realize once again why I'm playing sims 4 even though there is a lack of content.

I was just carious, I know a lot of people play both on and off.

Comments

• tinkerbell3552tinkerbell3552 Posts: 104 Member
    I only play 4, but I have thought about re-downloading 2 or 3. I stop when I remember things like Cheekybits said, how the sims would have to put down food to talk or do something else. Little things like that are such a pain that I stay. I also really didn't like how the sims looked in 3, and while I loved the open worlds, it was so slow.
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Um...because I don't like sims 3? And I dont play 2 because of the graphics. Sims 4 has the graphics and the gameplay I need :)

lol my friend said the same thing, she could not go back because of the graphics. Now that I think about it sims 2 hair options was so limited ( useless you used cc) I only ever used 1 hairstyle.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    edited September 2017
    <3
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Um...because I don't like sims 3? And I dont play 2 because of the graphics. Sims 4 has the graphics and the gameplay I need :)

lol my friend said the same thing, she could not go back because of the graphics. Now that I think about it sims 2 hair options was so limited ( useless you used cc) I only ever used 1 hairstyle.

Yes, graphics in a game are very important to me. Especially one like the sims, that look was acceptable back in 2004 when sims 2 came out. But not today . I dont care for sims 3 visiuals either. But thats not the only reason I like sims 4. I enjoy my gameplay too :D
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    Oh and obviously I loved TS2. It was my world back in 2007 lol. But I just couldnt go back and fully take it serious today .
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I play them all, but I've been playing TS4 more lately because TS3 is more demanding to play, TS2 is uninstalled on my computer, and TS1 doesn't work anymore on my pc thanks to a Windows update. I've been craving TS2 lately, but there isn't enough room on my computer to reinstall it.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    I keep coming back due to love I have for my Sim Shinya. I think I might need help, it's a little unhealthy...lol

3QMDMfQ.png
    AzrXwTu.png
    OrpQFF4.png

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • KarliaKarlia Posts: 310 Member
    For me, it's several things. First of all, I love the graphics and how stable the game runs most of the time. And there are relatively few bugs, I think people tend to see previous games with rose-tinted glasses because of the nostalgia effect but they had a lot more bugs for me. In The Sims 2, there was a game breaking glitch when my sims would randomly stop cooking. It wasn't the fridge, it wasn't the oven, it just happened randomly and then I had to start anew. At least that I've never experienced in The Sims 4.

I hated the open world in Sims 3 because it would take forever to load and I too had lag issues, despite having an at that time completely new gaming computer. I like to play focused on one lot or family so the neighborhood system is ideal for me, the sims can still go outside of their lot to fish or meet others but when I actually want to go to a community lot I don't have to worry about the sims that I leave behind, they care for themselves. I like how simple and clean the UI is and I enjoy the goal-oriented aspect of the game, I love fulfilling aspirations and collecting things and both were quite annoying in the previous games. I also like the build mode, it's a lot more versatile than before and I love how I can decorate houses much more easily thanks to F5 and the Alt key.

I don't know, I guess it just speaks to me more than the other games.
  • CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    The main reason I play Sims4 the most is because I played Sims3 sooo much that every premade, every social action, every building, every tree was familiar to me. With Sims4 I can sometimes (rarely) find something new I've never noticed before, and the hope of any new expansion brings the promise of something new in the game.

The reason I played Sims 3 was because I had played Sims2 sooo much that every premade, every social action....

I think I was happiest with Sims2, partly because it seemed to have more original content. Although Sims3 probably had the most elaborate content, and I loved the open worlds. Sigh.... Just thinking about Roaring Heights, and Sunlit Tides, and Monte Vista, and Isla Paradiso, and Lucky Palms and Lunar Lakes makes me nostalgic for the game. Sigh....

• SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    edited May 2018
    [deleted]
    Post edited by Simpkin on
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • SmilinSimsSmilinSims Posts: 560 Member
    because TS4 is my favorite :) especially since toddlers came back and parenthood was added.
    Do you want to WIN the new Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff Pack??? To WIN you MUST be subscribed to my YOUTUBE channel Watch contest video for rules!

acrehk.jpg

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,842 Member
    I'm a generic simmer and gamer in general, if I enjoy at least something that makes me feel like I got my moneys worth, meaning I come back then I'm good. I play 2 and 4 and sure I notice the bugs in all the games, just because they exist doesn't mean much I mean..I still play. In fact I might play 3 again it's installed just in case.

I like the graphics as they fit, I don't need 4 to look like 3 for me to like it it's a pretty game simple as that and I just need a running game to get to my storyteller ways I'm fairly easy to please in that way.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • estella_deeestella_dee Posts: 263 Member
    I have not played the previous Sims games anymore. I've lost my TS and TS 2 installers already, and truth is even if I still have them, I don't think I would still want to install them. And I really can't be bothered to re-install TS 3, it was my least favorite in the series. I mean, don't get me wrong, TS and TS 2 were awesome, but I'm really not the type who wants to reminisce older versions of a game.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited September 2017
    I play the sims 2 because I like retro games console and PC but mostly TS2 cracks me up. As far as TS3 goes I have the worst time playing it. My Lap top can run WOW, Need for Speed, Star Wars battle front and Resident Evil with no problem but TS3 runs like doody. TS4 because I like the graphics and some of the game play is a little more fun even when it's limited.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• naninani Posts: 5,563 Member
    I don't own sims 2 anymore
    And I do own sims 3 but the graphics stop me from enjoying the game, also the lack of emotion. I'm just really used to the emotion feature of the S4
    And the cas in sims 3 lack content in my opinion, don't get me wrong create a style is awesome but not what I'm looking for right now
    I spend a lot of time on sims 3 and still my favorite but I moved on and now play mostly if not only sims 4
    A french girl who's been hanging out on the english sims forum for a year now.

tumblr_nj0devVCY61s3y9slo1_500.gif

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Honestly I come back to four because three runs like a plum even on my gaming rig and it only takes a short amount of time before it frustrates me to have so much lag and freezing on a pc that should be running circles around that game then making it dinner! I still play 2 quite often though so its not really a matter of 'coming back' to 4 from 2 because I probably play them roughly the same amount.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited September 2017
    To check out the latest pack, play a little of my story scenario, play around in CAS, take pictures of my cute sims, install more custom content, and then go back to The Sims 3. :D
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    To check out the latest pack, play a little of my story scenario, play around in CAS, take pictures of my cute sims, install more custom content, and them go back to The Sims 3. :D

lol I try soooo hard to play sims 3 I just feel like there is tooo much going on at once. The moment I load the game I got the portal appear, the college mascot, the note telling me about weather and adventures. When I played sims 3 my sims were never home. There's soo much to do in the world.
  • Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    edited September 2017
    I love all 3, but mainly i come back when I have an itch to play my families, or because I don't want to deal with lag. Or if I downloaded a ton of cc because Tumblr tempts me. Funnily enough, right now I'm on a Sims 3 kick lol. But I am getting a little fed up with waiting for 🐸🐸🐸🐸 to load.
  • 5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    FOR NOW...

Sims3 - I've kinda hit a "dull period" in my Sims3. Don't worry. It'll pass. It always does! :)
    Sims2 - For some strange reason when my pc clears out junk files, it erases some of my Sims2: Ultimate Collection files. This means that I'm CONSTANTLY repairing my Sims2 game! I dunno how to keep my pc clean but keep my Sims2 untouched! ugh!

Titanic: Adventure Out Of Time - This was an awesome classic (1996) game... and STILL is! It needs to be ran in a "DosBox" to work properly though. I REALLY wish I could figure out how to make the play-window abit bigger though...
    s0eWhnu.png
    (actual size)
    Of course, since Titanic: AOoT was created back when most pc screen resolutions were 800X600, I guess I shouldn't complain and be thankful that it even shows up at all!

Sid Meier's Pirates - Another awesome game (from 2005) that I play when I hit a dull period with my Sims! Even though it's almost over 12 years old, I STILL find it fun to play, even if it's a little "dated".
    RjcBp8Y.png
    You (white shirt, brown pants) going against the Spanish captain (purple coat, black hat)!
    Eh1PMYO.png
    You also meet other famous pirates, like Blackbeard (pictured)!

(Btw, my Pirates game does show up as full screen, unlike my Titanic.)

So if I'm not playing Pirates or Titanic, it kinda leaves me with Sims4... for now at least. :tongue:
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I play all three. Each game I have different families and different sorts of saves. So for me it depends on what save I feel like playing at a particular moment.

At the moment I'm playing 4 more often because my Movin' On Up Challenge, My World Building, My 100 Baby Challenge, My Ultimate Sim Challenge are the saves I'm most interested in playing.

I tend to play Sims 2 when I want something quick, light and fun. since I'm playing a basic Going Solo legacy challenge over there. At the moment I'm playing that one a little less because my current heiress is doing the college thing and well to be honest...it's been really boring to play through lol. I don't have all the packs for 2 yet but I'm looking forward to doing the Build a City Challenge once I do.

For Sims 3 it's if I want to play my Back to Basics/Going Solo challenge. This is a beast of a challenge which is going to last almost 100 generations so I tend to play that one slowly. I don't play much else with Sims 3 because I only have the BG installed at the moment so there's less for me to do with it at the moment. Also it takes the longest to load (even with just the BG) so I have to be in the perfect mood to want to load it. But I'm starting to feel the Sims 3 urge a bit more so I'll probably be playing it a lot again soon.
    ~ ~ ~
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I LOVE playing sims 2, but i do play sims 4 all the time. I only play s2 when 4 is reaaalllyyyyy getting on my nerves.
    The only reason i dont play 2 more often is simply because its outdated. Not being able to click and drag the screen, after playing 4, is a habit that's so hard to break. Building in 2 is super tedious, I can't stand it honestly, 4 spoiled me for sure in that aspect. And having to click an arrow to go to the next page while building or dressing a sim takes to long. Usually a few seconds to load, and with all expansions there is a lot to go through and it just takes too long.
    But I love the gameplay and the families. I love being able to go through speeds 1, 2, and 3 and actually have the time go as fast as its supposed to. I love not having to worry about relationship culling and decay when i rotate to different families. I love how each sim feels unique and has a different personality. I actually started to play rotationally with the capps, Monty, and summerdream families, and they all felt different and was so much fun. But I came back to 4 only for the reasons I listed above.... Itd be great if they remastered and re released s2, with some updated aspects as well.
    I feel like sims 2 is a perfect game, basically. But sims 4 is new and shiny and updated, and I can't resist.