Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow, The Ballan Family

Comments

• BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    @bekkasan You're welcome.
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

Adam's Quest

Back in Moonlight Falls, Flora and Bryce Torra share a private moment as they wait for their friends and family to arrive for an impromptu goodbye party. Alice, Adam and their friends will be moving on to Dragon Valley to search for the Willowisp family there.
    48764401436_4a22a56eea_b.jpg

Flora and Bryce's new home is conveniently located just a few lots away from her son's home so she can still pop in and visit with the grandchildren. The group laughs and chats while waiting for Pip to get off work. Dahlia arrives, leaving the kids with a sitter at home. Flora is a bit disappointed, but understands sometimes Moms need a break from the kids.
    48764073033_8650e99bd4_b.jpg
    48764073513_2cf85a74f7_b.jpg
    48764587167_bd75f80fee_b.jpg

At last, Pip arrives and Alice and Adam give Flora and Bryce each a gift box. "You can use these or pass them on if you choose. It is up to you to decide."
    48764072943_e2d6d87b66_b.jpg
    48764072733_24c5679c91_b.jpg
    48764586442_1aae6c99f3_b.jpg

Flora and Bryce talk it over and decide that they have both been given a new chance together in life and they want to live it fully with each other. They toss the potions at their feet. They are both engulfed in a warm blue glow and begin to feel a rejuvenation and energy in their bodies.
    48764400421_27eff65905_b.jpg
    48764400271_8de1897ecb_b.jpg
    48764586097_fcddd2cbe8_b.jpg

Bryce is transformed first and he becomes the handsome dashing adult that he once was. Flora is next and she is certainly happy to return to her beautiful and sassy self.
    48764399961_48fb0c809a_b.jpg
    48764399621_de92be91d7_b.jpg

Adam and his friends have gone home to finish packing and preparing to travel to Dragon Valley. Flora and Bryce enjoy a romantic moment before retiring for the evening. May they live happily ever after.
    48775681757_a9de02c46f_b.jpg
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    edited September 2019
    @bekkasan So that's why you've been preparing things in Dragon Valley. ;):p
    Ok, Flora and Bryce's new home is awesome! :star: I love the way it was built! Is that a Moonlight Falls lot or one you downloaded from somewhere?
    :smiley: They gave them Young Again Potions huh?
    (Oh if only we had those in real life? ;) )
    Bryce is a real cutie :blush: and Flora is beautiful.
    Awwwwww! Best ending ever!!! <3
    I have no doubt they will live happily ever after. :blush:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg

@emorrill Thanks so much for commenting!
    The house is one I found on the exchange when I was searching for fairy houses. It was made to resemble the in game little fairy house and I thought it was awesome so downloaded it and I had to add it for them. You will see it again in another part of the story too.
    Yes, the potions took them back to the beginning of the adult stage and being fairy's they have another 600 plus days in that stage.
    I was really surprised at how good Flora looked even with her pointed chin but I know people in real life with that chin so I didn't change anything except her clothes. They put a stupid outfit on her.

@bekkasan Oh that DOES look like the fairy house! :smiley: Wow, they did a fantastic job on it! :star:
    They put a stupid outfit on her.
    ^Oh the game always does that...drives me bonkers! :confounded:
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @bekkasan Nice update :smile: I hope that the Sims enjoy Dragon Valley. I am not familiar with the world or Moonlight Falls but I like the house they where in :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

@bekkasan I've got to the updates that were posted around the time I joined the forums so I'm going to reread them, although I won't comment again on here until I get to the updates I haven't seen yet. I still really enjoy this story.

@emorrill I wish I had that kind of talent to build!

@king_of_simcity7 You don't have Moonlight Falls/Supernatural? Dragon Valley is sorta an elven world, styled in semi medieval fashion. It's a really beautiful town. You liked the fairy castle? That came from the exchange.

@Brandontaylor I am so happy you are enjoying it! I think it is awesome you wanted to read from the beginning. This is now my longest running family for sure and still just in generation two. I'm a slow player and love the adventures they get up to.
    @bekkasan I have Supernatural so I have played in the world but not for a long time now. I might look at it again one day
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    Nearly missed your update!
    Flora and Bryce are beautiful! Such a nice happy ending for them!
    I like the house, too! Is it free from CC?
    Looking forward for Dragon Valley!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @bekkasan I am now just shy of the recent updates, I done a lot of reading the past few days and am now at the updates just after Dedric and Wisteria meet. I already commented on those so I won't do it again but I'm hoping to get to the new updates soon.

@king_of_simcity7 I know it is not exactly rural English countryside but Moonlight Falls would be pretty if your sims ever visit the countryside. :) You can turn the supernaturals off in the profile and not have them show up.

@alexakry Thanks for commenting! Glad you didn't miss it! I didn't notice any cc in the house. I'll check it again today and let you know for sure. I hope to have an update later today. I've got some catch up from working yesterday to do, but lol...I will have to take breaks from the paperwork and I know I will work on the update and not clean my bathroom during those breaks! :D I'm actually taking a break now. :grin:

@meerkattime I'm happy you got a chance to catch up and comment. Thanks!! I sure would love to be able to drink a potion and go back to an earlier stage of my life. I thought she looked so pretty and sassy in that picture and needed a dramatic outfit to go with it.

@Brandontaylor Awesome! I'm glad you've enjoyed catching up on the older parts of the story. It amazes me that I've kept with this family for so long, but I truly love playing them.

Adam's Quest

After a long flight the group of friends arrive in Dragon Valley. Alice had arranged a rental home and they quickly unload their suitcases and settle on rooms. Trunks and suitcases are put in the rooms and they meet back downstairs. They had slept on the plane so were ready to get out and about. Jennifer suggests they visit town hall and look at the archives to find out if any Willowisp's live in town.
    48764399561_70a5307a11_b.jpg
    48764585357_467c40a48a_b.jpg

They arrive at town hall marveling at the unique architecture only to find it is closed today. They spend some time chatting with some of the locals who show up at the lot. The locals told them about a few places they should visit and enjoy the unique town.
    48764304353_cef49ff622_b.jpg
    48764634041_9ba7756af9_b.jpg

The group travels to the ruins on the outskirts of town and explore the area. They did not find any relics but it was pretty and they enjoy seeing the historical markers and reading about the town's history. They visit some of the interesting buildings in town. The tent arena excites them and they wonder if jousting tournaments are held inside. Something they will check out later.
    48764304518_e4cdccc9b6_b.jpg
    48764821957_f34d663b17_b.jpg
    48764634256_56793cd9fc_b.jpg
    48764634191_fc5568d643_b.jpg

The medieval festival lot was highly recommended to visit and they certainly enjoy exploring what it has to offer. Adam and Marshall race up the rock wall. Wisteria gazes at the Dragon in the fountain. Alice, Dedric and Jennifer engage in an archery competition.
    48764633981_73d0fe2469_b.jpg
    48764304128_a4d7f5c7aa_b.jpg
    48764304063_f60f268736_b.jpg
    48764821422_c9189ec6c2_b.jpg

Wisteria finds a violin and begins to play. She picks a medieval song that enhances the festival atmosphere and surprises the others at how good she is. She hides her talents under that shy exterior.
    48764821367_d9b1c4f332_b.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Adam's Quest

Adam slips as he reaches the top and down he falls. "Lets do best 3 out of 5." Adam tells Marshall.
    "You're on! Marshall shouts as he turns and races back to the rocks.
    It was not Adam's day.
    Adam is not a very happy loser.
    48764303993_20842bb4db_b.jpg
    48764633796_915afb3ba2_b.jpg
    48764821327_72d2e8dec4_b.jpg
    48764633651_f595ccf31d_b.jpg

They others join Wisteria on the stage and she abandons the violin for another instrument that will sound better with the rest of the group. They had played together at university and Wisteria is able to join the jam session with skill and enthusiasm.
    48764303673_7bc19777c9_b.jpg

Hunger begins to set in and Adam fires up one of the community grills and makes some burgers.
    48764303613_efd90bc4af_b.jpg
    48764303363_f9980e38dc_b.jpg

Across the street from the rental is a pub. They decide to visit before turning in for the evening. Jennifer chats with a local family whose boys are doing homework on the floor of the pub. Marshall and Dedric enjoy a game of pool. Alice upgrades the karaoke machine using her magic as it was a bit on the screechy side. Adam and Wisteria enjoy a drink while Alice starts to sing. Jennifer takes a turn while they all shout encouragement. Dedric and Wisteria sing a love song making goo goo eyes at each other. Adam and Marshall sing The Eye of the Wolf and have the joint rockin' with the song.

Risin' up, back on the street
    Did my time, took my chances
    Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
    Just a man and his will to survive
    So many times, it happens too fast
    You trade your passion for glory
    Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
    You must fight just to keep them alive
    It's the eye of the wolf, it's the thrill of the fight
    Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
    And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
    And he's watchin' us all with the eye of the wolf

48764633231_825f7cfb07_b.jpg
    48764633151_df8ea0edcd_b.jpg
    48764820757_9c011f3bc5_b.jpg
    48764820472_c389b9c1c5_b.jpg
    48764302948_803db30690_b.jpg
    48764632756_9756f0148f_b.jpg
    48764820302_e7435a5ae2_b.jpg
    48764302773_afedaf6932_b.jpg
    @bekkasan Nice start int Dragon Valley :smile: Looks like some interesting places to visit
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
    @bekkasan Starting on page 18 at the point Dedric had his mishap. I may have seen this one but I kind of forgot so I'll just comment from here to the most recent update :)
    Looks like Alice and Marshall had a nice jam session.
    I'm a bit nervous about bringing Flora back, I hope it all works out for them.
    Glad to hear Alice got the Ambrosia.
    Nice to see the Goodfellows had a son.
    I don't think it's the magic practice, Alice.
    That's what he deserves for acting that way to her, lol
    Wisteria was right to get Alice to rest.
    Looking forward to seeing the babies!
    Lol at Adam getting singed then holding Alice. It's just good that it can't rub off onto her.
    Good to hear that Alice is taking her magic seriously.
    Fingers crossed that only Flora returns.
    Great to see Flora again, hope she has some answers.
    I see, so her soulmate did in fact die. It's a bummer they couldn't meet first.
    Hope they can bring back Flora's soulmate too.
    Very great updates, I really enjoyed them. Two more pages to go and I'm all caught up!
    @bekkasan Sounds like everyone enjoyed the French Toast
    Hope the trip to Shang Simla is successful.
    Good luck to the men on finding Flora's soulmate, I can't wait to meet him.
    I feel so bad for the man, I hope he can reunite with Flora.
    Things seem to be going okay for them so far.
    So his name is Bryce then. Bryce and Flora has a nice sound to it.
    Poor Flora, that would be hard to see.
    Glad that everyone got to enjoy China at least for awhile.
    Yikes, glad Alice didn't continue if the urn is haunted.
    It's great to finally meet Bryce.
    Such a sweet reunion between Bryce and Flora. I'm looking forward to getting to know him a bit better.
    Really awesome updates, I love seeing Bryce and Flora reunited. I'll finish the last page later today and will post my comments tomorrow morning sometime.
    @bekkasan How happy I was to see you posted not just one but TWO new chapters in Adam's Quest! :smiley:
    Cute rental home. :blush:
    The town hall was closed? :confused:;):p
    I happened upon that tent arena when I was dressing up a world and was like, "Where did this come from? I like it!" :mrgreen:
    DV certainly has beautiful buildings. <3 It's like I'm getting a private tour of it here since I only played it in for about 10 minutes. :lol:
    Nice to see Wisteria coming out of her shell and showing what amazing talents she has. :)
    ----
    Bare chested Marshall going up the rock wall. :love: Ooooh and I get to see more of his lovely chest! Rawr! (Forgive me. :joy: I can't help it! Some sims out there are just darn sexy! <3 )
    Adam is not a very happy loser.
    ^ :lol:
    Neither am I if I'm being honest. :neutral:
    Lol!
    Aww, look at them all jamming out together. :blush: I love it!
    I could go for some burgers right now... :yum:
    "The Eye of the Wolf!" :lol: Oh my gosh that is freaking awesome! I love it! :star: The song is in my head now! :mrgreen:
    I can't wait to see what other adventures are in store for them in DV. I hope they get much closer to finding the truth about Adam's parents. 👍
    @king_of_simcity7 Thanks for the comments. :) It is a pretty town.

@Brandontaylor Awesome that you are almost caught up! Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley: It was fun bringing Flora back into the story and giving her a happy ending. :)

@emorrill Thanks so much for the comments. :smiley: It really is a beautiful town. I'd like to pop it into caw and put in a few more lots in some of the currently unroutable spots. Maybe someday.
    hehe, I knew you would love Marshall's climbing attire.
    lol that you got the song stuck in your head.
    @bekkasan It's good to see that Flora and Bryce are doing great after their resurrections.
    Looking forward to the trip to Dragon Valley.
    Looks like Bryce and Flora have a nice house.
    Wow, that's amazing that Bryce and Flora are young again!
    Wonder if those two will have more children?
    Glad the trip to Dragon Valley was okay.
    Great tour of Dragon Valley!
    Everyone seems to be having a nice time.
    Poor Adam, better luck next time!
    Great jam session.
    Sounds like everyone got their turn singing karaoke.
    All caught up, looking forward to what happens next!
    You're welcome, and I'm glad Flora got her happy ending as well.

@Brandontaylor Thanks for the comments! I enjoyed ending the Moonlight Falls part like that. :) Next part is coming in a few minutes. :smiley:

Adam's Quest

Alice prepares breakfast this morning and Jennifer comes in as she finishes.
    "I got sick again last night. Do you think I might be pregnant?"
    "That would be so exciting if you are! Our babies would grow up together and be practically the same age. Do you really want me to check?" Alice wants Jennifer to think about it since she already knows the answer.
    "Yes...well, no, I guess I'll wait for the notice and then be able to tell Marshall right away. But, if I'm not preggers I sure don't know why I keep getting sick." Jennifer smiles happily hoping it is true.
    48775496566_383611be59_b.jpg

The guys are chatting in the other room. "Adam, did Alice throw up a lot before she got her notice? Jen keeps throwing up and she keeps telling me its nothing."
    "I think she did a few times. Do you think Jennifer is pregnant? That would be cool! We will need a bigger place soon for sure."
    Marshall looks over at Dedric. "Dedric can you check?"
    "I'm not peeking into Jennifer without her permission you guys! She will know soon enough if she is pregnant if she is being sick. That doesn't last too long...usually."
    48775683677_84e51b4f17_b.jpg

Wisteria is up last and on her way down for breakfast. She makes a slight detour on her way downstairs. She looks in the mirror and wonders "Am I ready for this?"
    48775683617_7d5b5b57f7_b.jpg
    48822524916_dacc47e0cc_b.jpg
    48822524381_3af758d960_b.jpg

Marshall can't help himself. He keeps turning and looking at Jennifer. He is excited thinking about her being pregnant with his child. She looks back at him and whispers "what?"
    He shakes his head.
    Jennifer whispers "Quit staring at me!"
    48775683437_e79d385502_b.jpg

They all go together to the town hall and search the archives. Considering all they had to go through in Moonlight Falls this was remarkable easy. The Willowisp family is listed as residents owning the property at 38 Aibell Avenue.
    48775683372_94660dd792_b.jpg

Adam walks across the courtyard and sits on the fountain in the park. Alice sits down next to him and the others group around him. Alice puts her hand on his thigh. "Are you ok?"
    "I guess so. I honestly was beginning to think we'd never find them. What if they hate me? What if they hate me because I'm part wolf? What if they hate me because my Mom died giving birth to me?
    Alice slips her arm around him understanding his fears but wanting him to think about it differently. "What if they love you unconditionally? What if they love you because you are their grandson? What if they love you even though you are a wolf which I keep telling you is not a horrible thing to be! What if you let this chance slip by? You will never know."
    "oh, I'm going. I just had to get that all out of my system first." Adam grins up at her. "You know I'm a bit of a worrier!"
    "A bit!" Alice rolls her eyes at him.
    The others laugh and tease him. Alice will go with Adam to meet the Willowisp's.
    48775146953_044a7844d7_b.jpg
    48775496131_434320e2bd_b.jpg

Marshall and Jennifer are back at the rental and working on their current novels. Wisteria and Dedric decide to find the local gym as they both want to increase their athletics.
    48775683227_ccf06c29a3_b.jpg
    48775682617_fb71c77b88_b.jpg

Alice and Adam arrive at 38 Aibell Avenue to find a fairy couple in the yard talking.
    48775146803_057fa30386_b.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @bekkasan Such cute dialogue between Alice and Jennifer and then with the guys. :lol: I chuckled at that one.
    Is Wisteria ready for what? *gasp* Ohhh :open_mouth:
    My goodness they ARE going to have a full house soon huh? :smiley: So excited for 3 babies!!!
    Aww, look at the way gorgeous Marshall is so lovingly looking at his wife. :blush: That was adorable! <3
    I don't blame Adam for being super nervous and having worries. :worried: That would SO be me in his situation!
    When Alice counters his "What ifs?" with positive ones it reminded me of the book titled "Jonathan James and the What-if Monster." :blush: It's an Usborne book I got for daughter a few years ago and it's so good! It teaches kids to look at the positive what ifs, like what Alice was doing. :)
    If you're curious, here is a gal reading the book. :) (You'll have to crank up the volume a bit to hear her)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npDJCuZW_OM
    Anyway,
    Marshall's laptop is quite pretty looking. :lol:
    Oooh, who is this new fairy couple and how are they related to Adam? I look forward to finding out! :smiley: