Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What name did you vote for?

13...Next

Comments

• orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited September 2017
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Idk why but I thought we would be able to write our own answer in or that at least there would be more options available. Disappointed.

i'm not sure where that belief came from because Graham stated very early on that we would be picking from a compiled list of names. My impression of this pack was to go through the same process as the gurus when creating a stuff pack. Graham was very detailed in describing the naming process in his blog as well. Sorry you felt disappointed. I wish you could have been better prepared for the name choosing.
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    "Laundry Stuff," because c'mon. :P
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Kept it simple, voted for Laundry Stuff.
  • simmer4life3simmer4life3 Posts: 105 Member
    Laundry stuff
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I stated how I feel bout this stuff pack on the other Thread, I am not happy bout this pack, even though I did vote for the Rustic Lifestyle title, to Me they should just come out and say they are making a Laundry Stuff pack, cause saying it is a Eco Friendly stuff pack , is just a slap in the face to those in the world who are true and dedicated Eco Friendly People, I do not mean to offend anyone, but that is just how I feel bout this so called Stuff pack, sorry.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Ugh, look what we chose.

tumblr_nlscafDNK41u7ov10o3_500.gif

Well, as we're putting our name on the making of this I tried to do some damage control and went for the name that better expressed the content of the pack and ended up with Laundry Day.

"Laundry", the main focus as we can clearly see, and "Day" for both the setting and the sunroom aspect of the objects, like day and sun... whatever, I tried.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Rustic Home, though I'd be happy to see the rustic theme done again in a different form.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    I went with Rustic Home since to me the title reflects everything that you'll be getting in the pack revolves around items you'll be using to build or use in a home.
  • iiomqilovesimsiiomqilovesims Posts: 281 Member
    Laundry Day Stuff.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Laundry Stuff, because that's all you get. Nothing about this is rustic.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    > @Loanet said:
    > Rustic Lifestyle.
    >
    > 'Laundry' is just so off-putting. It sounds so dull.

That's precisely why "Laundry" is fitting for this pack.
  • Blaze_BardBlaze_Bard Posts: 93 Member
    > @superkyle221 said:
    > Laundry Stuff, because that's all you get. Nothing about this is rustic.

Actually, the style of the objects and some of the clothing in this pack do remind me of most of the country homes I've seen. I had been personally referring to it as Grandpa's Basement Stuff because, when we voted on the furniture to be included in this pack, a lot of the options reminded me of things I would've found in my grandpa's basement. And yes, my grandpa lived in the country for most of his life.

However, since Grandpa's Basement Stuff wasn't an option, I voted for Rustic Home Stuff. "Rustic" because of the countrified design of the items and clothing in this pack, and "Home" because the gameplay focus of this pack is laundry, and the home is where you do laundry.
    "Good night -- even if you don't have a good knight." -- Ace Niles, Space Case
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Blaze_Bard wrote: »
    > @superkyle221 said:
    > Laundry Stuff, because that's all you get. Nothing about this is rustic.

Actually, the style of the objects and some of the clothing in this pack do remind me of most of the country homes I've seen. I had been personally referring to it as Grandpa's Basement Stuff because, when we voted on the furniture to be included in this pack, a lot of the options reminded me of things I would've found in my grandpa's basement. And yes, my grandpa lived in the country for most of his life.

However, since Grandpa's Basement Stuff wasn't an option, I voted for Rustic Home Stuff. "Rustic" because of the countrified design of the items and clothing in this pack, and "Home" because the gameplay focus of this pack is laundry, and the home is where you do laundry.

It reminded me a lot of the furniture all of my hippie friends had back in college, so I could see it being something like hippie stuff... and I'm going to be super contrarion (sorry) because I do my laundry at the laundromat.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I don't get the point in having laundry day and laundry as different options, is it not basically the same thing, just with an added word. It might just be me though considering the "room" in kids room stuff irritated me slightly.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    Dang, I forgot to vote in time.
    I wasn't drawn to any. But...it's just a title.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    I went with one of the Rustic titles, I can't remember which, but being from the south, I felt the furniture was "rustic" enough that it earned a pass. Wicker furniture, the simplistic wooden textures, and the possibility for washtubs in addition to the clothesline sold the title for me.

Even if laundry is the gameplay focus of this stuff pack, I don't think from a marketing standpoint that it sounds very "exciting". Therefore, I went with the option that I figured would make people want to check it out or buy it.

I'm all for directness, but only if it sounds like a worthy addition to the series. I don't know, I just didn't want it to be so... obvious that we, as a community, literally asked for a laundry pack, which sounds so dull compared to everything else in this game.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Hmmm - I don't see wicker or rattan as rustic - when I see things done in Wicker or Rattan I think - VACATION Time and visiting the Islands - not home on the range. LOL.

On top of it rattan and wicker are extremely expensive - but I love furniture that breaths and is so organic.

Yep - the clothing is very Boho - and very hippie era. I am so glad to see it coming back in style the last several years. I have always worn Boho style clothes - so it is finally easier to find now a days. I really never thought much about it being rustic though - just the most comfortable clothes ever. For me when I think rustic it is pretty much jeans, cutoff jeans, and bib overalls. Lol. But then that is just me.

I do like Boho as you can wear it anywhere and it is acceptable. When Hubby and I got married 33 years ago - I dressed my whole wedding party in Boho style. Never once thought we looked rustic though.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sim2SporeSim2Spore Posts: 284 Member
    edited September 2017
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Hmmm - I don't see wicker or rattan as rustic - when I see things done in Wicker or Rattan I think - VACATION Time and visiting the Islands - not home on the range. LOL.

On top of it rattan and wicker are extremely expensive - but I love furniture that breaths and is so organic.

Now that you mention it, you're actually pretty right, lol, wicker is very tropical. But in my defense, I'm from coastal Florida and I'm also half Filipino, so I guess my idea of rustic is other people's idea of a vacation :D .
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Well, I live in Brazil, until few decades ago wicker forniture were the normal hahaha Quite usual and not what we would call "rustic", something which here has a meaning of poorly done or without refinement. I guess we can call wicker stuff a lot of things but definitely not without refinement, it takes a world of a work to be made.

They are the reason I'm buying this pack (... eventually), they remind me a lot of some ol' kinsfolk; pretty nostalgic. (There's also a guy on my way to college that sells it with his truck, I'm tempted to talk with him now and learn more about it haha)
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • lornalexlovelornalexlove Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2017
    I initially preferred one of the "Rustic" ones, but actually voted for "Laundry Day Stuff," since that is what it seems like this pack has evolved to be.
    happily simming since 2000
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Sim2Spore wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Now that you mention it, you're actually pretty right, lol, wicker is very tropical. But in my defense, I'm from coastal Florida and I'm also half Filipino, so I guess my idea of rustic is other people's idea of a vacation :D .

I am originally from Florida too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    Rustic Home Stuff.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,576 Member
    Bahahaha, just realized I missed it. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif