Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dvd covers for Game packs, Stuff packs and by request Expansion packs too

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
I do not only play sims, but love looking at my collection. I have all of sims 1,2,3 and 4. But when I look at my sims 4 collection I only have the expansions as they are the only dvd's we can buy in store as the rest is on origin. I was wondering if its possible to get box art from all the stuff and game packs to add to my collection purely for my own visual happiness. Do you know where I can get a standard dvd case size box art I can print out please. I meassured and my dvd cases I have and they are 27cm by 18.5cm.

Thanks in advance for any help :D

I changed the heading to say that I am now uploading my covers I made for my game packs and stuff packs. I use images from in game and from google image. Hope you all like them. Happy simming
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    You can print the box art out and put them on dvd covers :D . Then again that does sound like a good idea.
  • Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    I'm in the UK and I remember once seeing Spa day in GAME in a DVD case with box art and a digital download inside. I'm sure if you look around the internet you'll be able to find one for the others too. It might be a bit easier than making them all yourself :D
  • Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Funny, I was just reading a post yesterday about Sims 4 box art for collectors. Here's the post (if I did it right!). His next post gives the link he used for all but 5 of the pack collection: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15994792/#Comment_15994792
    It looks pretty good. Hope it helps!
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Someone on this forum made their own. The downloaded box art and put them into DVD cases. You can get them at any electronics or office supply stores. Also you can get them at places like Wal-Mart except the selection will be much smaller at Wal-Mart.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Thank you all for your replies, sorry about the late reply but I have been a bit under the weather. Looks like I will have to become a little creative. Might be fun. Happy simming everyone :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Hope you feel better soon, if not already @mcrudd *fluffy hugs*

I used to make my own box art by downloading the relevant covers from internet pics and resizing or whatever was required in photoshop. Of course, if you want them to look nice you need a good printer and some nice paper.

I couldn't be bothered with all that any more. I haven't been able to get a single sims 4 item on disc and it is just too much to fake for the mere purpose of looking at them on my shelf. It does bother me though, being at the complete mercy of EA. After they brought out the extra undesired patch for ts3, I realised the importance of actually owning our own games in a physical way. If it was possible, I would like to transfer my purchased packs onto individual dvds with their own box and cover, as back ups ready for the day things go belly up.
    Hi @elanorbreton <3 I am not sick as in illness, just battling with depression, so trying to do things to cheer me up. Today my brother is officially missing for 1 year and 6 months, so its a hard day for me today. So hard if there is no answers. I am busy making a special book case just for my sims collection to cheer me up a little. I quite enjoyed making the templates and will share them below. I hope you are well, I don't have facebook anymore, the destress course suggested getting rid of it for a while, so hopefully will see you around in the forums <3
    edited September 2017
    Hi Simmers, I made my own templates using things from the internet and just making my own up as well, so this is not perfect like the EA ones, but I think good enough to use if you wish to make your own :) I have the template and then a page with the lose items and suggested fonds and sizes as well ;)

Stuff Packs
    BEfRP5v.png
    J8Zg0pZ.png

Game Packs
    Hxem8CY.png
    O4bRRfD.png

I just used good old windows paint, dont have photoshop. I hope these can help some of you out. You can now pick your own pics to make it even more personal. Happy simming everyone <3
    Post edited by mcrudd on
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    see on amazon some times you can get bundles and such there
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
    edited September 2017
    see on amazon some times you can get bundles and such there

I do own them via Origin. I just want to make my own covers so I can add it to my sims 1,2, and 3 collections.
    Post edited by mcrudd on
    Well I am quite pleased with my first attempt. This is using the above templates and good old paint. I got the pics off the internet and also from in game by the lessons section of the game :)

wBZBXbV.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    This is a great idea! I personally prefer the digital versions and the uncluttered office space I currently have, but my daughter is a simmer too and she's a collector. It bugs her that she can look at all the box art and physicality of the 1-3 series she has but that her Sims 4 collection only contains boxes for the big expansions. I may download and print out the artwork y'all have created and give her an un-birthday gift for the sims 4!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    This is a great idea! I personally prefer the digital versions and the uncluttered office space I currently have, but my daughter is a simmer too and she's a collector. It bugs her that she can look at all the box art and physicality of the 1-3 series she has but that her Sims 4 collection only contains boxes for the big expansions. I may download and print out the artwork y'all have created and give her an un-birthday gift for the sims 4!

I am sure she would love that. I finished all the game packs now, if you want too, I can load them all here. I am not a professional and is only using good old paint but you are welcome to use them.
    I love how my outdoor retreat gamepack cover came out :)

Ln02n6u.png
    Here are the other three for those who would like it :) Happy simming everyone ;)

uX7CUdT.png

Ceyl9xZ.png

U2nruOI.png
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Oh wow! I think they look great. She'll love those!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    edited September 2017
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Oh wow! I think they look great. She'll love those!

Thank you so much :) I have started the stuff packs now. I just finished the first one but now its bedtime LOL.
    Here is Toddler stuff

1iyKRzz.png
  • BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Thank you so much for this! I hate that my Sims 4 section is so small, I bought ALL of my EP/GP/SPs through Origin and so the only Sims 4 game on my shelf is the collectors edition box :(
  • LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

Since I have all the games for Sims, I had quite the pile to display, but it started to be a space issue. :(
    (I threw out the plastic DVD boxes)
    But I put all the paper covers from the original boxes, into plastic sheet protectors, then into a binder, so it's like a book.
    (the thick booklets, and inserts, I stuffed into a box that slides open, since they were too thick for sheet protectors.)

For Sims 4, I only have the collectors box set, and the Get to Work box w/ disc, since they stopped making anymore physical copies where I live.
    City Living was the first time I bought a box that only had the code. :o
    - I only have it that way, since Target had a sale, and I used a couple of gift cards to buy it, for $10 total, w/ free S & H).
    (a deal too good to pass, even though I hated waiting for an empty box in the mail...)

Very Nice work on the covers, thanks! <3
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    You've done a great job with them @mcrudd and are always so lovely to share your items with everyone else <3

I haven't been on FB for ages myself, but I am always around on the forums and if you ever need anyone to chat to please feel free to message me *re-sending hugs* xx
    Thank you so much for this! I hate that my Sims 4 section is so small, I bought ALL of my EP/GP/SPs through Origin and so the only Sims 4 game on my shelf is the collectors edition box :(

I know the feeling. I will post a pic of all my "collection dvd stuff and game packs " once done. Its taking a bit longer than I thought LOL.
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    The covers look so great ! :) Thankyou very much for sharing them !

Thank you so much Rosemow and its a huge pleasure <3

Since I have all the games for Sims, I had quite the pile to display, but it started to be a space issue. :(
    (I threw out the plastic DVD boxes)
    But I put all the paper covers from the original boxes, into plastic sheet protectors, then into a binder, so it's like a book.
    (the thick booklets, and inserts, I stuffed into a box that slides open, since they were too thick for sheet protectors.)

For Sims 4, I only have the collectors box set, and the Get to Work box w/ disc, since they stopped making anymore physical copies where I live.
    City Living was the first time I bought a box that only had the code. :o
    - I only have it that way, since Target had a sale, and I used a couple of gift cards to buy it, for $10 total, w/ free S & H).
    (a deal too good to pass, even though I hated waiting for an empty box in the mail...)

Very Nice work on the covers, thanks! <3

What a clever idea, that is also a good way to look at your collection. I put my first print out in a cover last night and love it so much, Its sad that if we do manage to buy a game its with an empty box, but atleast its a box to look at, I will be having 17 total empty boxes soon LOL :dizzy:
    You've done a great job with them @mcrudd and are always so lovely to share your items with everyone else <3

I haven't been on FB for ages myself, but I am always around on the forums and if you ever need anyone to chat to please feel free to message me *re-sending hugs* xx

Thanks so much, you are always there for me, I remember when I was in quarantine after the radioactive iodine you kept me company in my thread about Barnicle bay too <3
    Another one done :)

QG0T0Fn.png
    Hi simmers, here is bowling night stuff ;)

sLhYb8L.png
    Vintage glamour stuff :)

vvOlhRj.png