Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

did you know children can have playdates?

i was playing and Alexander Goth called my child sim over to hang out. i sent him and when it got to the lot it said " playdate". there were no goals or anything but they played chess and ate lunch together.

has this always been in game for children?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I *think* it's always been in-game. been a while since one of my kids has been invited out though.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I *think* it's always been in-game. been a while since one of my kids has been invited out though.

This came in game in a patch before The Sims 4 Luxury Party stuff pack came out.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    oh thanks! this was new to me. i didn't have my sim children play with other children too much because they had so many cousins they just hung out with them.
  • Options
    AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    I've seen this before, but it doesn't seem to trigger too often for me. The last time, my Sim went to visit Olivia Kim-Lewis and the house caught on fire, so it was a memorable one!
  • Options
    AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    Oh, yeah I've seen this in the base game
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    It's kind of weird how the most recent patch took out the ability for kids to throw parties, but before that kids could plan their own play dates too. If I remember correctly.
  • Options
    It's kind of weird how the most recent patch took out the ability for kids to throw parties, but before that kids could plan their own play dates too. If I remember correctly.

No they couldn't. They can't throw parties since the release of the game.
  • Options
    Then how come I remember there being a play date party option. I know adults can't throw play dates for kids.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Then how come I remember there being a play date party option. I know adults can't throw play dates for kids.

Either you're misremembering or you used a mod.
    There's never been a play date party until this SP.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I rarely use mods, so I don't think it's that. I do believe that there was an option to throw a play date for child sims at one point though.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I rarely use mods, so I don't think it's that. I do believe that there was an option to throw a play date for child sims at one point though.

No, there never was. Children could only get invited and that's it.
  • Options
    @EgonVM ok If you say so.