Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to minimum requirements for Cats & Dogs expansion pack

1121314151618...Next

Comments

• phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited June 2018
    ReyZie93 wrote: »
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Having 12 gb ram would be useless without a 64 bit version of windows.

My XP is x64 version. For now without C&D, The Sims 4 in 64-bit mode runs fine.

You have XP windows? The game won't start with XP windows. Someone posted there is something you can download to play on XP however you will be missing game features,

If you haven't downloaded something to get Xp to partially work with the game, you don't have a legit copy of the game. Origin will not let you play with XP windows
  • ReyZie93ReyZie93 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Origin will not let you play with XP windows

I have legacy version of Origin for XP/Vista since 2016.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > Origin will not let you play with XP windows

I have legacy version of Origin for XP/Vista since 2016.

You don't have a full version of the game the way I understand it. It would be a good idea to upgrade your windows for full game play. Microsoft no longer has any support for XP or Vista and origin no longer supports them
  • ReyZie93ReyZie93 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > full version of the game

What do you mean "full version"? For now (w/o C&D DLC) I can run The Sims 4 in x64 mode in my Windows XP x64 with all graphic settings set on Max, it runs perfect on my eight-core i7-2600K and GeForce GTX960, even better than TS3.
    > @phoebebebe13 said:
    > full version of the game

What do you mean "full version"? For now (w/o C&D DLC) I can run The Sims 4 in x64 mode in my Windows XP x64 with all graphic settings set on Max, it runs perfect on my eight-core i7-2600K and GeForce GTX960, even better than TS3.

EA /Origin does not support XP and I was told you will have missing content and not a full version of the game. If you have any further questions, contact EA