Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    I updated the main page just a tiny bit! I plan to go through and find some more sims for the worlds as the world list has gotten quite extensive :D Feel free to offer up suggestions just remember we want to stick with sims from the Gallery as that is easier for everyone to download.
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    edited July 2020
    @OJenn Awesome! You can use whatever sims are on my gallery that you want. I really like isleroux, SugarySweetSims, and Avianator's sims, just any of them really lol.
  • Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited July 2020
    I was angry at my game this weekend and since I had some time off I decided to build my next house. OH man these large builds are definitely a labor of love. There is so much detail to address when you have this much space! I hope I didn't forget anything :)

Modern Victorian
    Pictures
    Download

Notes: Some artwork by @rosemow and @Takissis

G9FJBPe.png
  • Options
    MionaxMionax Posts: 287 Member
    Wow :smiley:
    Origin ID:Mionax
    Origin #: madebymionax
  • Options
    A new cafe opened up in the neighborhood (lot from the gallery) and it's become Sage's favorite spot.
    8a79f11ed5.jpg

She has met all sorts of people there, including a handsome restaurant owner named Kyle.
    c64f485b8c.jpg

Sadly he seemed more interested in a friendship that anymore more.
    59c728e31f.jpg

Pablo, however, made his interest known almost immediately.
    6a3067c63d.jpg

Sage fell for him right then and there.
    a868777f54.jpg

Meanwhile her brother Ash was doing pretty great too, he just bought their parent's old house.
    bb817e4738.jpg

And got a job as a Professor for his Alma Mater, he is very pleased.
    5793739c6c.jpg

He and his girlfriend, Journey Porter (by @Heckstress17 ) made this official and moved in together
    c44224d8eb.jpg

Sage is happy for them and happy to have more neighbors she knows
    71aa0491cb.jpg

With a job in fashion Sage is always giving sims makeovers and I absolutely love it!
    319c7bcb21.jpg

29f5af577d.jpg

Things with Pablo picked up and he asked her out on a date
    f86337c7bd.jpg

Sage is really smitten and Pablo seems to feel the same
    9ad6edef50.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Also @debjameswhite I think I figured out why sims are randomly "taking" items even if they aren't kleptos. Its because of this Neighborhood Action Plan
    81589742b1.png
    641334f172.png

• Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @debjameswhite I always miss you guys. My life is so busy right now but hopefully that will change.
    @OJenn I love your container house. I have always been a fan of your builds.:)
    @JordanNicoleJJ RL seems to be a bit much but I am finding a way to get a healthy balance.
    ]
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    @debjameswhite - IS THAT A GARAGE?! That is so neat, I really like how you did that, I always struggle to make them look natural. I also have to say you are the master of making large houses looked lived in. @amadazulsim I can definitely understand RL being a lot, I hope things change for you. And me too, why can't we have more hours in the day?

P.S. I miss you @Heckstress17 and @Tellex
    P.P.S I am working on something new and shiny with a certain someone here :wink:
    Post edited by OJenn on
  • Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Hello! I'm loving the updates :heart: I haven't had any time to play now that I'm back to work full time :bawling: So I'll just be a lurker until I get more free time, but I wanted ya'll to know I'm still here and enjoying your posts :smile:
  • Options
    I'm still lurking too. Hi o/
  • Options
    @OJenn That cafe is beautiful! I loved seeing Pablo in the mix even knowing that you've moved on to your new founders!
  • Options
    EMSimmer30EMSimmer30 Posts: 181 Member
    edited August 2020
    Update

Sorry for the late update, life got in the way as it does. I have uploaded the unfurnished version of my generation 9 house on my gallery:EthanHS Please ignore the decorations it's a bug and I couldn't get rid of them in build mode. :(
    I will be posting the finished version in a few days and hopefully a family play update this week(crosses my fingers). Just this last gen to go and when the heir becomes an YA I will be finished with the rebuild Willow Creek challenge!

Rebuild Gen 9 house-Empty
    n4DaY3s.png
    eNQf2YV.png
    BCjUsOC.png
    eXkQGi3.png
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 Your house looks incredible! Its great that you are on generation nine. I wish I had your building skills. I also keep forgetting that stairs can change direction again. How you brought it down around the kitchen and then toward the front door looks very nice. I'd like to live there.

Come see what's going on here on another version of Rebuild challenge.
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 - Oh wow I really love this house, it looks super spacious! I noticed that you could not get rid of the holiday decor when you go in to build mode but hey at least they are cute. I can't wait to see how you decorate this place and I like how you did the stairs. I always forget that it's a feature that we can mess with now, very cool.
  • Options
    Update

So, I was inspired by your builds over on the other thread and I managed to finish the Gen 9 house in four hours(for me that is a short time lol). I have uploaded it to the gallery: Ethan HS
    Just a couple of game play updates to go then we are done! :smiley:

JUMYJFf.png
    JsraxPg.png
    1X5QcUb.png
    RbNUAFr.png

I need to figure out how you guys do the first person view tour pics, please tell me.
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 - You can just select the Tab key on your keyboard and it should get rid of everything. Is that what you mean?
  • Options
    @OJenn No, I mean how do you get the camera to first person mode for taking your pics instead of zooming in on a room from above/side like I've been doing.
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 If I was looking at your view in game. I would then zoom in to the actual room, and raise the walls. If you use the sims 4 camera, as I do, when I take pictures I switch to the sims 3 camera so I can change the tilt. I have a scroll button on my mouse and I use that a lot. Let me know if that helps.
  • Options
    Update

Hudson, Jack and the kids loved their new house! There was a lot of playing and dancing going on.
    VIF943s.png
    Xw2OOwk.png
    OtoqlMO.png
    1QLz7BK.png

However, sad news soon befell them as Hudson's older siblings and their spouce's started to die of old age. Hilary was devastated when her husband passed suddenly and was comforted by Jack whenever she would visit.
    7Dro9Ac.png
    Al6QhCv.png

Jack admitted to Hudson that he really liked Hilary but knew it was too soon for her and that he had made a commitment to helping to raise the kids and he would not go back on his word. Hudson assured Jack that if and when he and Hilary were ready to be together, she and the kids would be fine with just him visiting a lot. Time flew by and it was the triplets big kid birthdays!
    yhTjLHW.png
    3QLsHuD.png
    kJTxTNc.png
    knQdqRg.png

At the party Hilary agreed to date Jack and introduced him to her teenage son.
    IA87Isg.png

The kids worked on their grades and Hudson continued to get promotions in her teaching career. After a year of dating Jack planned for a special date.
    TbfkFRK.png
    l5ilf7w.png

She said yes! It was time for Jack to move out but not on. To help with the kids Hudson and Jack convinced Cecil, Hilen's ex to move in with his teen boys, Barry and Cotey.
    TRb0Qig.png
    oGdJCIC.png
    MtrY00d.png
    OajPRUh.png

Life decided to give both Hudson and Cecil a punch in the guts when one day who should appear but Nabila!!! After trying to sweet talk Cecil and a bit of yelling on Hudson's part she admitted that she was there because Hilden had died after the birth of their second child and she wanted the Lovell family to take them in while she would get Hilden's portion of the inheritance! A full on court battle followed with custody of the kids going to Henry Lovell(the youngest of the siblings) and Nabila awarded a settlement of 500k to give up all parental rights of all of her children(the three with Hudson and two with Hilden) and no future claim on the family allowed.
    dhsPQeB.png
    0XB8aKv.png

There was much drinking that night, Cecil and Hudson found themselves in a bit of a pickle.
    rrDmZa9.png
    ujOkzQm.png

They agreed to get married till after the baby was born then divorce quickly since Cecil was actually in love with Henry and had planned to help him with his kids as well. Soon they were welcoming: Claudia Lovell, into the world.
    jK5G0ay.png

Cecil moved in with Henry, while Barry and Cotey decided to stay living with Hudson and their cousins.
    CRISxQE.png
    SzVl43o.png
    hBuMZEb.png
    jh0oR4n.png

Before long Barry and Cotey's YA birthdays had arrived and the whole family gathered to celebrate. They also celebrated Hudson's adult birthday as her's had gotten lost in the shuffle of crazy happening the last few years. Now it was just Hudson and her four kids in the house.
    IHGRwMc.png

Hudson had done it! She had reached the top of her career as a tenured professor and head of her department! With more time not at work she spent as much of it as she could with the kids before their dreaded teen birthdays when they would of course want nothing to do with their lame mom. Lol :wink:
    HfhY97N.png

Teenhood had arrived!

Catherine Lovell
    NREkJOi.png
    VHLm7SJ.png
    LfZv7cc.png

Clarissa Lovell
    OvCfob4.png
    N979PqT.png
    myErYIh.png

Carson Lovell(Gen 10 heir)
    uSMx3Cm.png
    tF8NRyW.png
    t4mEdCy.png

The next day was their little half sister, Claudia's big girl birthday!
    ssAqniY.png
    NKzGpD2.png
    sCEveJg.png

Wow! Just 14 days of teenhood to go till we reach the end of the challenge! What will this last update include? Find out next time :smiley:

• Options
    @EMSimmer30 Great update! You are almost finished.
  • Options
    Final Update

Our last life stage push included lots of homework(gotta get those A's), Catherine working on her writing skills, Clarissa working on her charisma and painting skills, Carson working on his charisma and cooking skills and Hudson helping along the way.
    aqhytfp.png
    nzVULl6.png
    yIfDPhz.png
    v0lEugf.png
    ULAZ3UA.png
    Ygh1WsY.png

It was a great day when Hudson had her elder birthday and could retire from the top of her career(I just hoped she would live long enough till the triplets aged up).
    0lAPfEH.png

Luckily for me she did and the big day arrived! The closing of teenhood into adulthood and the end of a ten generation challenge! :smiley:
    DzfZIy6.png
    zV5ts58.png
    9lM5Dxj.png

Even with the challenge over here is a pic of teen Claudia who had her birthday the next day(Boy is she pretty).
    HnmURpE.png
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 Congrats! Claudia is very pretty.
  • Options
    @EMSimmer30 Congrats on finishing the challenge! 10 generations is a big accomplishment!
  • Options
    Woohoo ten gens down! Congrats @EMSimmer30
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Hi all, I hope all is well with you all.
    I have been lurking and keeping up with everyone. I miss the challenge so much but I rarely have any free time for playing the challenge.
    ]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top