Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rebuild | Renew: A Sims 4 Genetics + Building Challenge

Comments

• Options
    tipsycowplanttipsycowplant Posts: 1,757 Member
    Update on my life: I'm back from vacation early...we made it up to Wyoming/Montana/Idaho then turned around and came home. Between the bad weather, road construction, and a HUGE fight with my mom, it just wasn't worth it. I got home last night and feel very weird...like I shouldn't be here and miss traveling, but it was a horrible experience and don't want to go back, so I have no where to go. I asked to come back to work early, but they already gave my shifts to a co-worker, so I have to wait til Aug 5th like I originally planned. Also due to the fight with my mom, I am dropping out of college until I can pay for it myself (which will likely be never in this economy). So I have to figure out a new life plan in general. I'm in a very weird place right now...I can feel my depression is sinking in. So I am going to spend this weekend and next week trying to relax and hopefully playing sims. Send me good vibes or prayers or whatever ya'll can think of to help <3
  • Options
    OJennOJenn Posts: 8,429 Member
    edited July 2019
    Sending good vibes @JordanNicoleJJ its definitely a rough place to be in. I'd recommend taking some time to yourself for sure before making any decisions.

Everyone - I don't know if I mentioned it last time but all my saves were lost in the last update sooo I have been playing around in CAS and being confused by the stories feature? Hopefully I have some new sims for you soon ♥
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    OJenn wrote: »

Everyone - I don't know if I mentioned it last time but all my saves were lost in the last update sooo I have been playing around in CAS and being confused by the stories feature? Hopefully I have some new sims for you soon ♥

Very sorry to hear that. I like story CAS mode. It's gives a whole new level of random to the Sims.

• Options
    debjameswhitedebjameswhite Posts: 1,612 Member
    @Heckstress17 I mean but why not? I am ok with a big picture spam!! I am also really in love with Drew and this new child will have to be something amazing to steal her spot. I don't he will be able to. Oooo conservation! You will love it! I can't wait to see. I'm also curious about the lifeguard one. I only did one this time. Oh you can't go with them...that's a bummer. She really is so pretty. I adore her! Excellent job! I'm so glad Chad didn't drown. He's pretty cute too and he gives me the Lawrence vibe too! That restaurant looks great. I need one in my beach world too. That's cool he could mentor Chad! I might have to find him in my game and get him to mentor Aimee!! The waterfall. <3<3<3
    I had no idea about the monsoon. I don't think that has happened in my game yet. I also haven't seen the chickens, but omg I love them!

@JordanNicoleJJ I'm sorry about your vacation. I'm sending you lots of positive energy and always if you need me you know how to get in touch <3. I'm here for you.

@OJenn Oh man I am so sorry you lost your game. I haven't tried the new CAS story yet but it sounds interesting. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Hi <3 I'm back (once again). I've really missed you all. Sorry for disappearing, but I swear I've never been this busy in the middle of summer, what the actual hell :joy: I went on three mini-trips already and a fourth one awaits me this Monday, so... I hope you'll forgive me if I disappear for one more week! I swear that I'll be back the next weekend. Pinky promise.
    I've been away from the game for a lot now, so I had to take my sweet time to get back into it. The changes made to it by the devs didn't help tbh :joy: ... I'm fine with the loading screen, really, but... looking at the forum sims 4 header makes me wanna puke. Oh god why. That green and that blue together. It's- it's so bad. It was so nice before. Anyway. I also had to fight the urge to flip everything out of the window and start a new gen in Sulani like some of you :mrgreen: 'cause that world is so pretty and I can't wait to build/play there. To make things worse I wasn't in the mood for building stuff lately and I had to do it so I basically had to force myself out of the uninspired streak. So that's that.
    I'm here for your posts and replies, but I'll update later as soon as I'm done editing the pics <3

@debjameswhite lol I wish I was able to get back into the daily pic spam :joy: maybe soon???
    I've missed your family a lot, it's nice to see them once again! Ah Sean's death :cry: now I remember. It's so sad seeing sims still effected by it. Aaaaaw that pic of Aimee thinking about Brad as soon as she realizes she's pregnant <3 tbh one more never hurts. I've not seen something that cute in a while! OMG I wasn't expecting the girl's birthdays already! They're soooooooo cute! I'm glad they're not identical, it makes it even more fun having two gorgeous genetic mixes.

@Heckstress17 *heavy breathing* 70 pics????? I'm not ok. I'm so happy I'm not even ok anymore lol :joy:
    Holy plum Sulani is so pretty. And your sims are even prettier. The pic of Chad sunbathing with his head in the water made me laugh so hard :joy: Tanned Luani is truly stunning, let me tell you. Love the Chad/Makoa fishing pics, the two of them look like they could be great friends. Now that I scroll through your update I understand why you took 70 pics of this, I mean- how can everything look this pretty??? It's like a little piece of paradise over there! Is it even healthy being envious of sims lol??? Of course Chad and Luani had to "inspect" the waterfall :smirk: it's for science. I can totally feel the love for these sims, they're truly adorable! Poor Chad falling in the mud puddle! I love monsoons but Sulani deserves sunshine 24/7 for all of its beauty :joy: a neverending summer or something. Hun I'm over here waiting for the rest of the 70 pics you promised so even if I just came back pls bring them on <3 I love these new founders, even if I miss Brooklyn. I have her in my game so it's fine :tongue:

@JordanNicoleJJ I'm sorry to hear you've been going through so much lately! I hope you're able to have some rest and clear your mind. Take it easy if possible before you make any decision, but also try to follow your heart. I hope you'll also be able to make peace with your mom.

@OJenn :bawling: I'm so sorry for your saves.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    KiwicantdieKiwicantdie Posts: 1,305 Member
    Not an update: a picspam >:)

So. I'll begin by repeating what I said previously in my other post: it took me a while to figure out how to move forward in the game. I came back from my vacation(s) without any desire to build in game, but having to do so due to the timing. I was also pretty confused about the heir thingy, 'cause I loved - still do - all three of the Austin triplets. A part of me wanted to start anew in Sulani, but I swore I would finish the challenge and that's what I'm going to do. To keep things fresh, tho, I decided to take my sims out of Willow Creek for a little while, at least the whole course of their adolescence. They'll be back there once they become adults.
    So, what are the changes?
    Well: Selene, Aurora & Irene are moving out to Del Sol Valley for "college" ( :tongue: ) I need college in game pls devs

To recap: Aurora is an outgoing self-assured sim that dreams of living in a mansion.

Scfhepa.png

Irene is an unflirty bookworm sim that just wants to be fabulously wealthy.

cUDqOXg.png

And Selene is a dog-lover/children-hater sim (lol) that dreams of becoming an actress. And she's my absolute fave. And she won't ever be the heir 'cause of her genetics, but I'll be 🐸🐸🐸🐸 if I have to drop her on the side. I'll keep playing with her to my heart's content :triumph:

fTToqQ6.png

Their "dorm" :tongue: is this. A house out of the city, but big enough to party.

3FjsoB5.png

7p5GTi8.png

I was so uninspired, it took my way too long to build.
    This is Aurora's room.

fdmtb5W.png

mZiwu7O.png

Irene's.

sGWHsLy.png

And queen bee Selene's :joy:

0wID1Kr.png

Sadly for them, they all woke up on the wrong side of the bed. SOL mod decided that they all had to get their first period that day *eyeroll*

9vjpIFi.png

After the first bladder failure, I realized that the house was big enough to have a second toilet.

x6IoZL9.png

Breakfast was a success, tho. No one set the house on fire.

M2PkKDs.png

It was a pretty chill morning.
    The girls moved on Saturday, meaning that they had no classes to attend. They grabbed the chance to get acclimated to the place and do their own things. The house is super big for them, but it only has one computer and Aurora was already sneaking inside Irene's bedroom to use it.

rzZn8gq.png

Peeing herself on her period definitely hit Irene. Her mood plunged in a matter of seconds. I guess she also missed home, somehow, and that she wasn't as excited about the change as her sisters.

Mm4FlKk.png

peGs4tx.png

Selene, on the other hand, had already planned everything. She didn't even wait a second: after breakfast, she was already in front of her mirror to practice her acting. She's still faaaaar from working as an actress, but she'll get there prepared :joy:

uqnbUh2.png

She put so much effort into it :joy: you're a noob Selene, calm down :joy:

ksxCWUe.png

Two hours into practice, she realized that she could kill two birds with one stone. She immediately started live streaming her practice session to gain followers. The more famous, the better. Right? :joy:

62aBLob.png

pRByAsi.png

Irene decided to unwind by journaling a little bit. She's a bujo kind of girl :tongue:

Jfhp8s8.png

The only chill one seemed to be Aurora, tbh. She worked on some fashion videos in her room, lovin' everything about her new life. She's not competing with Selene in any way, but she's also trying to get a following.

4NPR8AW.png

Her face was so peaceful all of the time. Well. Most of the times.
    "Maybe I should just run to Sulani and live in the wild" :mrgreen:

DMczmTl.png

The house seems to be attracting weirdos. I didn't have to deal with them, but I'm sure at one point I will.

OIq4Vgd.png

Selene took a break from her practice session to take a pic of her own bum. I mean... she has a nice bum, can't really blame her :joy:

1ABfehp.png

The only problem is that she forgot she was still live streaming. I guess her few followers are going to remember this :joy:

cb9Q3v6.png

It was a beautiful sunny day outside, halfway through spring. So of course I had the girls try out "their" new pool instead of spending the whole day locked inside their own rooms.

u1vtbwf.png

I'm so mad that she's not blond and that I can't pick her dang it STILL MY FAVE

7jR4tFl.png

Selene decided she was skilled enough to do a backflip even tho she had never done one.

r2jZYDw.png

XoM1VJo.png

:joy: R.I.P SELENE AUSTIN 2019-2019 :joy:

hUabXOp.png

"I didn't slip, it's the water that moved in the wrong direction!"

QVSJZkQ.png

She tried again once her sisters decided to join her in the pool.

XFtGe7d.png

And she failed again :joy:

I5L8kK0.png

Irene forgot about her troubles and finally enjoyed the pool. I only wish the weather could have been warmer. It was pretty chilly for a spring day.

XkaGADm.png

iCKOcLn.png

Olympic diver 2019, gold medal, Selene, still stealing my heart. No, I'm not biased. Not at all :joy:

fV2SPf8.png

That evening Adahy and Pauline were coming over to check on them and see how they were doing alone.
    Aurora decided to show off her culinary non-existent skills to prove that they were going to be just fine.

kzeWou6.png

Adahy and Pauline arrived like they had forgotten they were elders :joy:
    And... of course Pauline had to rock a cool face mask. Wiping face masks before going out is so 2018, after all :joy: join the new trend girls!

3L8RNKM.png

Anyway, it was heartwarming seeing another gen pass.

24RYQsf.png

Eliane was there too, obviously. She decided that she was going to stay home and not follow them to Del Sol Valley, to inherit the place once their parents were gone. I gave her a makeover but she still remains the least favorite child of the family :tongue:

vGd6pf8.png

Mood swings aside, it was a lovely family dinner.

86Pou6s.png

They chatted till night.

u3OlJuR.png

Selene managed to be the star of the night while embarrassing herself: a new record xD

1p3BWuZ.png

Pauline had news to share before going back home that night, tho. She informed Irene, the apparently "smarter" one of the trio, that they were allowed to stay in that house if they also contributed to the bills. That meant--- well, part time jobs, sort of. Welcome to the adult world, girls.

ajhFKOk.png

So jobs it is.

7vsZKGV.png

U0xcwsy.png

TwQgh4z.png

The next morning, Irene woke up in a whole new different mood. I guess she's liking the idea of having more responsibilities in life. She started taking care of some chores.

t5bDYsU.png

But the best part was having the huge tv all for herself in the earliest hours of the morning :tongue:

rQCOFGf.png

... not that she didn't have company :trollface:

hpGKJDd.png

Aurora and Selene woke up in the opposite mood. They were not happy about the jobs.

1v3jLkr.png

"Omg why can't we live life to the fullest and just be spoiled little brats like everybody else" :joy:

Lxtob9D.png

Well, you already are some sort of a spoiled little brat, Selene. Even with your face mask on :joy:

XedzUsF.png

Irene focused on her responsibilities and didn't listen to the drama.

YANSyr7.png

Once she was done studying, she started to work on her writing skill. She's willing to give self-publishing a try, if it helps with the bills.

LD9ml8l.png

Selene was in a weird mood. She started studying too, but she didn't want to lock herself up in her own room... so she decided to bother Aurora instead.

GBdzJtI.png

Aurora was basically forced to join her.

Co5rjr3.png

Homeworks are hard :joy: ... and even harder if you try to do them with your annoying sister, on your bed and not sitting down at a desk.

TmCv7pC.png

Being sisters, the most natural thing for them was to start bickering about nothing :joy:

EdxUTs5.png

And if you have siblings, you definitely relate xD

TFcBOWK.png

"Gosh why can't we be famous & rich already???" :joy:

KjfQmJT.png

Time to get their plums out of the house and work! Irene was, as usual, the first to do her job.
    She looked super adorable in her uniform.

6juS6Ye.png

She started walking around the neighborhood to meet new people.

CRgZQ2B.png

Some of them had troubles, but she was there for them.

qAd4bqQ.png

Yla2CaR.png

Aurora had to go to work right after, and I swear all of a sudden I realized I never related this much to a sim before :joy:

vEpDX3n.png

This happened at work. I almost got PTSD just by reading this :joy:

DMIImRF.png

She came back home like this. Literally #me every time I babysit.

4SHCy0G.png

To make things worse, she almost collapsed when she saw a mouse near the toilet.

rBQ9omV.png

She's not the only one to have noticed.

LZcORdO.png

Selene walked right in as Aurora was ready to get into the shower and... I guess they were in a little bit of conflict about who was going to step in :joy: ... Selene got out to let her sister shower, but she refused to put on any clothes. Passive aggressive much??? (also... girl, if you have to shower, please at least remove your socks first :joy: )

jxxDzOr.png

Irene was not enjoying the sight.

2MKVlBQ.png

"You can't tell me what to do mom"

qCZ7ryV.png

Aaaand I'll end this post here, before it becomes longer than my life :joy:
    I swear I'll be back.
    KEBB11a.png
    Origin ID: Kiwicantdie
    Willow Creek | Evergreen Harbor
  • Options
    Update
    I'm FINALLY back with an update, and it's a big one...except for the fact that I lost like an hour's worth of pics :weary: So I'll summarize what happened...

Meet Reed's new clone, Reed 2.0! The plan was for Reed 2.0 to help with the children and housework, but something went wrong during the cloning process...Reed 2.0 is an active, evil, mean criminal who aspires to become a public enemy :cold_sweat:
    k1.png

Cass hates him :grimace: She's the only one who notices something is "off" about Reed 2.0, and she isn't keeping quiet about it!
    k2.png

Reed had always dreamed of taking his wife and kids to the mountains on a family vacation, so they took advantage of their new babysitter and booked rooms at the Granite Falls Lodge the weekend!
    k3.png

They all got a piece of hot apple pie and a cup of coffee or apple cider to warm their bellies before spending the day in the cold. Leo did not approve of the pie lol
    k4.png

It took awhile for me to realize that this was the kids' first snow! It never snows in StrangerVille -- what a shock the mountains must've been for them :lol: Well, that, and Orion just had an attitude the whole trip. He's already acting like a teenager :tongue:
    k5.png

Everyone else had fun building their own snowman, they were all so proud of the results :blush:
    k6.png
    k7.png

...except Orion :expressionless: He used to be so sweet...why do they have to grow up :bawling:
    k9.png

After Orion's little meltdown, they warmed up by the fire pit and roasted hot dogs for dinner.
    k10.png

Finally getting to put those scout skills to good use! (And get that outdoorsy badge...)
    k11.png

With all of the kids and the chaos they bring, it's been awhile since Reed and Sev have had some time to themselves...
    k12.png

Oh yeah, they took full advantage of their private room :smirk:
    k13.png

And the kids had their first monster-free night in...I can't even remember how long. I guess national park lodges don't have monsters under their beds :wink:
    k14.png

The next morning, the family put on their winter coats and headed over to the park for more outdoor fun. Snowball fight!
    k15.png
    k16.png
    k17.png

Andy didn't stand a chance...it was 3v1 :grimace::lol:
    k18.png

After that ruthless snowball fight, a warm campfire and Sev's camper's stew really hit the spot. Reed is so in his element...he may be a famous astronaut-scientist-super genius, but deep down, he's just a big softy family man <3
    k19.png

Annnd Orion had another meltdown. Idk if it's the raging hormones or if he just really hates the cold, but either way, he was a hot mess all weekend :lol:k20.png

They spent the rest of the day in the visitor center. Leo couldn't wait to see and study all of the insects and frogs of Granite Falls especially since there weren't any outside
    k21-1.png
    k22-1.png

He even convinced Orion and Andy to join him, though they only looked at the "pretty ones" lol
    k23.png
    k24.png

Leo also got to test his skills out against the true chess master. I'm not sure who won, but Leo is a genius just like his father -- he might follow in his footsteps as a scientist one day!
    k21.png

Maybe it is the cold, because Orion was suddenly in a much better mood and entertained his mom and little sis with wild stories from his scouts meetings. "I swear the fish was THIS big!"
    k22.png

The stories continued that night around the campfire -- spooky stories, that is! (Poor Andy got picked on the whole vacation, Orion's ornery big brother side is showing :grimace: )
    k25.png

"We walked up to the cabin, opened the door, and inside...the ghost of the Granite Falls hermit flew straight at us!"
    k26.png

Everyone was so scared, they looked like they'd seen a real ghost :wink: (I am so sorry for that cringeworthy joke)
    k27.png

The Riggs had a few hours before heading back to StrangerVille and decided to spend them on the ice. While everyone else got their sea ice legs, Reed showed off some moves he picked up last time he was here.
    k28.png

Apparently the kids are naturals, because suddenly they started doing some crazy synchronized skating routine :lol: Sev was completely shocked -- me too, Sev, me too...
    k29.png

Seriously, what is this?!? :joy::joy::bawling: I mean...Orion's got moves though :smirk::lol:
    k30.png

Orion finally looked happy for once on this trip -- maybe I should've left him at the lodge to skate the whole weekend lol. I guess it's fitting, he is creative...
    k31.png

I'm glad he enjoyed at least some of the vacation, because as soon as they got home, it was time for him to age up! Sev quickly threw together a simple chocolate cake, they dug some candles out of the drawer, and here we go -- teenagedom!
    k32.png

Uh...that look definitely has to go, but he's not a horrible looking teen lol. He aged up with the Mixologist aspiration, and the new trait randomizer gave him Jealous! That's a "fun" one I haven't gotten in awhile lol.
    k33.png

He immediately got a makeover, so here I present the teenage Orion -- creative, jealous future bartender. That's all I've got for now, hope to have another update soon as I'm heading back in-game after I catch up on everyone's posts & leave some comments :smiley:
    k34.png
  • Options
    Not 100% sure where I left off comments-wise, but I'm just going to catch up on the last couple pages' worth of updates so I can get back to playing :grimace:

@Francisca464 I always love getting an update from you, even if it's just a check in! Hope all is going well for you <3 Fawn is gorgeous with her new YA makeover :love: Del Sol Valley is so fun to play in, that's where I do my 100 baby challenge. Man, what is Casey's problem? Picking a fight on Love Day is a low blow! AHH I was so excited when I saw Jace, but of course he's married :grimace: Who am I kidding, I'm still rooting for them lol. The acting career sets are all so cool! My bf played for the first time this weekend and used the new story mode to create his first sim, and it put him in the acting career. I still haven't played it myself, so I was exploring it through him, but it looks like so much fun!

@debjameswhite I can't wait to explore Sulani more when I get a better laptop. Mine doesn't handle the graphics well, but it looks so beautiful in your game <3 I'm glad to see Brad and Aimee are still making time for each other, now that they have FOUR kids?! How did I miss that?! If anyone can handle it, it's you, the master of big families haha. That's so cool that the conservation career has a marine biologist option! I really want to play in Sulani now :bawling: Aimee is just living her best life on a jet ski, the peak of luxury :lol: Yikes...my sims live in StrangerVille of all places and don't have the creepy stalker fans that yours do! Aww I love how close the girls are, and their matching pjs! I want a set of twins in my game now...send me the multiples curse lol. RIP Sean :heartbreak: The hardest part of sim death is watching the family grieve...I didn't know "sad" plants could hit me in the feels so hard :cry: Oh man, another nooboo?! Only you can handle these huge families, I gave up at four lol. I officially have a favorite of the twins -- Drew's eye color is gorgeous against her hair/skin colors, and that's one of my all-time favorite hairstyles in the game! Do you have an idea of who you're going to choose for heir?

@Kiwicantdie Here you're complaining about the crazy winter weather in Willow Creek, and I'm praying for even a light snow in StrangerVille :lol: Props to you for getting through the triplets' toddler stage alive! I love all the kids so much, I can't really pick a favorite yet. Omg teen Elaine is so pretty :love: I know you're over those genetics though, so I don't blame you for disqualifying her from the heirship lol. AHH that really is a forest of snowmen :joy: Ah, spring! It's always such a relief getting to spring after a hard winter, and the contrast in colors is so stark lol. Man, it's so weird seeing Pauline and Adahy as elders...I feel like your sims should never be elders, they're so childish that it should keep them young forever lol. Oh. My. God. The triplets are GORGEOUS :love: Selene is my favorite looks- and traits-wise, but I know you want a blonde :bawling: Yesssss you know we love picspams around here :naughty: I totally need a university pack too, I need something else to do in the YA lifestage except have babies too early :lol: The triplets definitely belong in Del Sol Valley with those aspirations lol. I'm starting to really like Irene, but Aurora seemed so chill in this update. "Maybe I should just run to Sulani and live in the wild" YES GIRL DO IT. AHH the tourists!! I've never seen them in Del Sol, that's kind of a really neat touch lol. Selene is such a drama queen lol, I say leave her in Del Sol, she'll probably figure out the pool eventually :lol: Oh "poor" girls...have to get jobs...the TORTURE :lol: I like how two of them didn't even get paying jobs :joy: "Gosh why can't we be famous & rich already???" Girl, same. First of all, Irene is too cute in that scout uniform...why are you making it so hard to choose a fav? :tired_face: Secondly, Aurora is 100% me babysitting if I ever babysat, which I do not, because I know that would be me :lol: God what a great update :lol: I can't wait for more!!

@Heckstress17 I am SO okay with the switch to Sulani! I looove your San Myshuno fam, but I want to see more of Sulani, and your founders are amazing :love: My laptop can't run Sulani very well, the graphics just aren't up to my standard (aka your game lol) but as soon as I get a new laptop I'm switching over too. I even made founders, and my male sim looks like he could be your female sim's sister :lol: Omg their little shack is to die for -- I just adore tiny starter homes...which is in complete contrast to my 'generations' gaming style :lol: Uhhhhh excuse me, PLEASE spam us with 70-pic updates!!! I'll take everything I can get from your gorgeous gameplay, I'm living vicariously through you until I can get a laptop :lol: I love that they added part-time careers for adults! And some even have shifts!! "I don't consider sim making to be a specialty of mine" pffffft ALL OF YOUR SIMS ARE PERFECTION. Man, they really nailed it with Sulani's scenery, didn't they? :love: Makoa is so cool lol, I can't wait to meet the Sulani premades in my game. And tanning! Man, this pack is too cool (I never played the ts3 version so I'm experiencing this all for the first time lol). Sulani even looks awesome during a "monsoon" !! This is one of my fav families of yours for sure -- the world, the sims, the careers, it's all perfect!

Little personal life update: I am doing better mentally, thank you all for the kind thoughts and well wishes <3
  • Options
    It's so funny. I feel like I haven't posted in forever! Then I look at the time and I posted last Monday. So yes, it's been a while, but hasn't even been 2 weeks.

@Kiwicantdie oh my gosh college was my least favorite expansion. I seriously hated it. hehe isn't it funny how different people are? I love this idea you had of moving the triplets to a new town for their teen years though! I love Selene too and if she's your favorite I say make her the heir! If you really can't though my second pick would be Aurora. She's as cute as a button with her button nose :) There college house is amazing! I love all of their rooms. I don't know...that SOL mod is mean. Aww poor Irene. Aww but Selene has enthusiasm! hehe OMG you said bujo!!! Such a fan. Maybe I love Irene the most! Haha the bum pic is the best. Eeeep poor Selene! You crack me up with you RIP comments! What is up with all the face masks in your game?? :) I love the outdoor dinner set up. It looks so nice. Ewww! Jobs? Ok what will they do? :) Oh I didn't know you could get paid for being a scout. I keep forgetting to try that. Some how I totally see Aurora as a baby sitter. Good choice. Ok I know you don't get paid for drama club but I can pretend with you :) Hahaha bickering siblings. Yes I relate :) O M G poor Auorora...what a horrific scenario! And then a mouse! Poor thing! Hahaha Selene! Pick her :)

@JordanNicoleJJ Woot! Update!! I can't think about an evil version of Reed! It just can't be!! The first 2 screens are like a scary nightmare but then we go into the fun family vacation...but where is the baby??? How can you not like apple pie Leo? The snowpals are so cute :) Poor Orion. No one understands him! Eeee! Look at Sev eyeing her man! Yeah I knew where that was leading! I never thought to go to Granite Falls during winter. Good idea! I love the pictures of the scary story! You captured that so well. I love the pic where everyone else looks scared! OMG look at all those poses on the ice! Too funny!! Ooo Orion aged up nicely! I can't wait to see everyone!

I was trying not to have another big family but it just happened. It was so strange to have Aimee as an only child. Not having to constantly update my family tree is just so weird! I adore Aimee though and I really love her with Brad. So far they're my favorites! I'll give a spoiler and say the nooboo is a pretty handsome boy, I really like him, but Drew is my girl. I say Aimee is my favorite but Drew will give her a run for her money I'm sure! I really love her...and I already know who her mate will be! Can't wait :)
  • Options
    Is it bad I'm already thinking about the next story? I think Grandpa Caleb and @Ojenn's vampire story have been inspiring me to give a go at something supernatural.

Until then we'll stay here and finish our Windenburg challenge...even if we are in Sulani right now. With the girls becoming teens though...that life is about to end so I better kick the aspirations for the parents into high gear!

I only have a few pictures in my folder but I really don't remember what was going on. Two conventions to do this summer was killer! This weekend will be the first weekend I get to spend the entire thing in my home since I moved back in July 7th :) I'm really looking forward to it!

Anyways this will be a mini update just to get rid of the pics I don't really remember.
    CY3KV.jpg
    Chapter 38: A Few Odds and Ends

The plants started out as Aimee’s thing. She inherited them from her Dad and they are really high quality. Now Drew has started working on them with Dad too. Aimee has kinda lost interest, but she’s there for moral support.
    E0Ar4.png

Whoa. When I look at this picture all I can see are the empty shelves. I need to fill them up but I probably won’t before Drew moves out!
    E0Auh.png

It’s baby #5 but Brad has as much awe for this one as he did all the others.
    E0AyG.png

I love following him around when he’s working. I love that this is working.
    E0Azp.png

One day Aimee was feeling pretty miserable.
    E0AA0.png

Yup! It’s go time!
    E0AAL.png

Only Henry was home to support her.
    E0AEJ.png

Soon she welcomed baby Garret to the world. Guys! Do you know how perfect this is? Their cat’s name is Henry! He finishes out their family alphabet. Live forever kitty?
    E0ABF.png
  • Options
    Loving all the updates everyone, and don't every worry about pic spam ♥ I will need something to read when we get to the hospital. Week 38 of pregnancy starts on Monday and so sign of labor yet but I'll try to pop in to let you all know if I can :heart:
  • Options
    blondiebabe923blondiebabe923 Posts: 202 Member
    Sorry I've been MIA for awhile. Things got super crazy. Parents sold their house and I've been packing all my stuff up, I was at the end of my classes my work paid for than got let go 2 weeks ago. I was still able to graduate but because the graduation was on the company property I wasn't able to actually attend. Closing on my parents house is in a few days and than I will be looking for a place to live and a job. But I love reading all of your updates. Hopefully soon I'll be able to play and update!
  • Options
    CY3KV.jpg
    Chapter 39: Winter in Sulani

When I got back to the story, I discovered it was Winterfest!
    E1jOV.png

They were having so much fun.
    E1jVF.png

They’re a pretty happy family.
    E1jWu.png

But then, look where they live.
    E1k5T.png

Brad, who does pushups under water…
    E1k6B.png
    E1k6W.png

Has been tasked with taking pictures of Mua Pel’am
    E1k9a.png
    E1kav.png
    E1kbz.png
    E1kcs.png

He loves his job.
    E1kcY.png

Guys. I am in love with Drew. This has never happened before! OK yes, my heirs often do catch themselves on fire. Not my girl Drew! The fire started and not only did she save dinner, she pulled out a fire extinguisher and saved the day while everyone else did the typical panic.
    E1kfz.png

Look at her! She’s not messing around!
    E1kgo.png

Here are some more pretty pictures from Brad.
    E1khZ.png
    E1kim.png
    E1kiJ.png
    E1kj7.png
    E1kjD.png
    E1kkd.png
    E1kkQ.png

At the end of winter they celebrated with a family dinner back in Windenburg. They’ve been taking more trips back home to get the kids used to the idea that this is where they will end up after Brad’s contract is up.
    E1knW.png
    E1koi.png

During dinner, they celebrated Emery’s birthday but he refused to allow any pictures. Later on Brad cornered him. He was unhappy at first.
    E1kpk.png

But then he warmed up. I might be in love. :)
    E1kpR.png

Drew and Brad have been going to town on the garden. Drew’s wondering why they only grow one type of flower.
    E1kre.png

She’s secretly been collecting other types.
    E1krI.png

The twins decided to take a day to themselves and head to one of the beaches.
    E1ks1.png

Drew made friends with a dolphin.
    E1ksx.png

Later Dad showed up. He wasn’t following them, he’s always spreading the word about conservation.
    E1ksV.png

This fellow Rachid Assaoui seemed to really be listening.
    E1ktX.png

Right after that Brad got the news that his goals had been met! Mua Pel’am had been fully restored!
    E1kvJ.PNG

Rachid invitied him and his family home to meet his family.
    E1kwb.png

He had a hard time tearing Aimee away from the food vendors but he finally did!
    E1kxx.png

Drew met Rachid’s son Jeremy who acted like a complete fool around her.
    E1kyi.png

He became a little more relaxed when his other Dad Bryan showed up.
    E1kzs.png

A few days later the Assaoui family came to visit the West’s house and Brad gave his conservation speech to Bryan.
    E1kzT.png

Drew once again tried to get to know Jeremy and once again Jeremy couldn’t get out of his own way.
    E1kBX.png

She wasn’t too put off though and asked if he would push her on the swing.
    E1kCJ.png

He definitely got points for this.
    E1kDr.png

Emery and Chloe have started hanging out with Drew when she gardens. Emery actually likes helping while Chloe just does her best to avoid the bees.
    E1kF6.png

Drew and Jeremy have begun to spend more meaningful time together.
    E1kFQ.png

All these new feelings have made Drew more willing to spend time with her mother.
    E1kHG.png

She was even willing to tutor Flynn while he did his homework. My little Drew is growing up!
    E1kK9.png

Amazingly, Aimee and Brad finished their aspirations within seconds of each other. I couldn’t believe it! First Aimee.
    E1kIu.PNG

Then Brad.
    E1kIQ.PNG
  • Options
    Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member
    I didn't disappear I swear! The past few weeks have just been super busy. I can't even remember the last time I opened my game. I have been checking in and reading updates though. I'm hoping I'll get some time in the next few days to comment. I miss you guys! <3
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I'm in the same boat as @Heckstress17 - I got a promotion at work and my new responsibilities have me crazy busy this week, but I'm hoping to comment & post another update later this week or this weekend! :smile:
  • Options
    I didn't disappear I swear! The past few weeks have just been super busy. I can't even remember the last time I opened my game. I have been checking in and reading updates though. I'm hoping I'll get some time in the next few days to comment. I miss you guys! <3

Isn't the school year starting up for your kiddos soon? Glad to see I am not the only one who got busy either. Congrats on your promotion @JordanNicoleJJ :star:
  • Options
    OK, not sure how super excited I am about this pack but I can be excited for one thing for sure! I saw them taking pictures of children together and I saw a family picture on the wall. If I could only do that with this pack please sign me up!!!
  • Options
    amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    Omg I missed you all. I have finally gotten to the point where I have free time to spend playing the sims. Of course I have to start over because I deleted my game and reinstalled it. I am going to create my founders tonight. I forgot I rid of all my cc so I will be getting a little bit of it back. So it may be a couple of days before I update. I just wanted to say Hi and let you guys know I am still alive and kicking! :)
    ]
  • Options
    RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    Omg I missed you all. I have finally gotten to the point where I have free time to spend playing the sims. Of course I have to start over because I deleted my game and reinstalled it. I am going to create my founders tonight. I forgot I rid of all my cc so I will be getting a little bit of it back. So it may be a couple of days before I update. I just wanted to say Hi and let you guys know I am still alive and kicking! :)

Hiiii! Its great to hear from you. I've been scarce lately too. Have fun starting new!
  • Options
    @Rawla,. I am still pretty busy but I miss playing the sims and my forum family.
    ]
  • Options
    OK, not sure how super excited I am about this pack but I can be excited for one thing for sure! I saw them taking pictures of children together and I saw a family picture on the wall. If I could only do that with this pack please sign me up!!!

Yeah I am on the fence about it to be perfectly honest. I do like the career that is set to release with it and think I could find a way to get my sims into and maybe get more family photos too :)
  • Options
    @OJenn I think I'm excited about that career too. I think I'll let Drew try that when she moves back to Windenburg!

@amadazulsim Hooray! I really hope to see updates from you soon! So glad you're back :)
  • Options
    @OJenn I am so happy to be back. RIght now it is tedious trying to find my cc. I see a bunch of creators have gone to being pay sites. Oh well, the search goes on.
    ]
  • Options
    @OJenn I am so happy to be back. RIght now it is tedious trying to find my cc. I see a bunch of creators have gone to being pay sites. Oh well, the search goes on.

Yeah a few have which makes me sad but there are tons of new ones making free content too ♥
  • Options
    OJenn wrote: »

Yeah a few have which makes me sad but there are tons of new ones making free content too ♥

I am laughing at myself because I promised myself I would only download a little and I am going crazy with some new creators.
    ]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top