There are two versions of this challenge
Starting Out: Rebuild Edition
- Rebuild Edition
- Renew Edition
A 10 generation legacy centered around building homes from the ground up.Renew Edition:
A 5 Generation legacy centered around remodeling homes in each world.
Starting Out: Renew Edition
- Bulldoze ALL lots
- Founding Couple: Choose sims from the gallery or make your own founding couple based on coupling guidelines *see couplings below
- CC and Mods are allowed!
- For each generation build a new house for the heir to live.
You must build or furnish your own home. Unfurnished lots are allowed in this challenge, search the gallery by using the #unfurnished for empty homes. The challenging part of this challenge is in the building so be creative!
Make use of to create a special home for your sims. And there is also a wealth of info on the forums found here
- Spares are allowed to stay in the town if you like, just be sure you have enough space for each heir and their family to live.
- Community Lots can be added in from the gallery or custom-built by you!
- Create a single sim or a couple to move into a new world of your choice
Your founder(s) must have one of these skills: Handiness/Woodworking, Gardening, Fabrication, or Research. This skill will be passed down from generation to generation so choose wisely!
- Using freerealestate move your founders to a currently built lot.
- Renovate it using only 20,000 simoleans (plus any additional money you get if you sell any furnishings)
- Select 4 EA made homes that are currently in that world, or a neighborhood, these will be your projects for the next generations.
- Existing walls can not be removed but additions to home and community lots are welcomed!
- Willow Creek
- Oasis Springs
- San Myshuno
- Brindleton Bay
- Del Sol Valley
- Evergreen Harbor
- Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, Del Sol Valley, Strangerville, Brindleton Bay Del Sol Valley, Sulani, and Evergreen Harbor are optional worlds to continue the challenge in once you have completed the two base worlds.
- When you download potential mates move them to an empty lot and evict them so that they are shown as "Not In World". Alternatively, they can live in Newcrest. Only family/relatives are allowed to own real estate in your rebuilt world.
- Please do not change the potential mate's traits.
- Native American | White
- Black | Hispanic
- Asian | Black
- White | Pacific Islander
*** Mix and match if you'd like these are just recommendations to get you started.Note
: Try and pick one! Each coupling will be used for at least one of your rotations through the various worlds.
Love is Colorblind
Part of this challenge is about exploring the genetics of the Sims 4 game through Legacy styled gameplay.
- Heirs have to be paired with sims from a predetermined gene pool (this is the genetics part of the challenge)
- Mates (listed below) have to be a different skin tone than the heir (i.e lighter or darker to promote diversity and test the games genetics)
Alternatively you can let your sim choose who they wish to be with from the gene pool based on whims!
Play through generations comparing each generation's heirs and their families. Feel free to share pictures of their homes and day to day lives as well. Traits for each heir sim must
be randomized. There aren't deadlines for completing this and you can play at your own pace. Anyone can join at any time. So don't just lurk, Join!Resources