Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of The Sims 4 on PS4/Xbox One?

1235...Next

Comments

• Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Why does everyone have problems with the game on console I play on a ps4 500gb (not pro) and it has not once crashed

It could depend on a few things. I have almost all of the EPs, GPs and SPs except for the latest ones. The problem I had was with a brand new game I started. I tried it again, and it seemed fine during normal play. It stutters every so often in Build Mode. It hasn't crashed, but I worry every time it stops for five to ten seconds.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    I've lately noticed how when I'm playing and moving the camera around, it is oftenly jerky like how a train stutters when coming into or pulling out of a station.

And the other night while I was playing a new house on the the northern 50x50 lot in Willow Creek, any time Sims were upstairs the frame rate drops.

This game is supposed to be super smooth. Why isn't it?
    2quwd7.gif

Just a small update. It seems like the long periods of stutter have mostly stopped. In Build/Buy mode, they still happen but it's literally only 1-2 seconds. The game doesn't crash on me, so I no longer worry about it.

Hopefully it doesn't become an issue again with the upcoming patch. I really, really can't wait to play Snowy Escape after work on Thursday night.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    I enjoy playing Sims 4 on xbox one. It has definitely gotten better with time. It's very intuitive once you get the hang of the controls. I love it! Only downside is no cc and mods, but otherwise it is great!
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    I'm hearing that it plays great on PS5 but occasionally you get interaction lag.
  • Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    The game works fairly good on my PS4, but there have been a couple issues.
    Each update I get for the game to fix bugs, causes my game to stutter a bit, before getting back to normal.
    However, the biggest issue comes with the controller freaking out, and not work for a couple seconds. Sometimes the right joystick goes dead for the game too.
    It's not the controller itself, because I will exit the game, and try another game, and the controller is perfectly fine.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    The thing I find most annoying about playing on the PS4 is that you can only play one expansion pack at a time, and the fact that you can't use alt to move things exactly where you want them, AND that you can't play with mods, AND (sorry, but there are so many reasons why computer is better) I can't access the galleries where I could find loads of cool houses and Sims.
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @chonk_floof ????what are you talking about, what kind of console are you playing on that you can only use 1 expansion pack? Also we do have access to the gallery now, and you can alt place objects. It may not be the same using a controller but it's still doable.(console sims now also has keyboard extension if you don't want to use the controller) Literally the only thing we don't have that pc does is cc and mods.
  • chonk_floofchonk_floof Posts: 36 Member
    @animevamp I use the PS4. It's really weird that I can only use 1 at a time, but even Google confirmed this. Also, may I ask you how to acces the gallery? Also, how do I alt place objects?
    Whatever you are doing, always put 100% into it. Unless it's a blood donation.
  • animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    edited February 2021
    @chonk_floof Yeah, that's definitely weird. As for accessing the gallery, as long as you're connected to the internet you should be able to get there from your library.

And forgive me I'm not that great at remembering the controls when I'm not holding the controller but I'm pretty sure it's R2 (or maybe L2? One of them does it) to alt place. Hit it in build mode a couple times and you should see a little message on your screen that says full placement, half placement, and free placement.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    You can access more than 1 expansion on the ps4, I assume your game is bugged.
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • LaxPhoenixLaxPhoenix Posts: 13 New Member
    I honestly like having the option for people to be able to choose what kind of platform people will be able to play, especially due to the fact that those who are dissatisfied with the controller controls for The Sims 4 can plug in a keyboard and mouse, and use similar controls to PC. Granted, I may be biased since I play predominantly on console, though I have played a little on the PC version.
  • angeljsangeljs Posts: 12 New Member
    I prefer PC, but some people can't or won't purchase computers that can run new games. Sims 4 on XBox or PS4 is a great idea.
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    I moved from pc to console because my pc can't support my gaming. It wasn't a gaming pc to begin with ;p. I prefer sim4 on pc. But without mods and cc, sim4 on console is not bad. I like the navigation using a controller sometimes. Some of it is more fluid than mouse/ keyboard shortcuts because I don't have to move my hand/ wrist much ;p
  • IvyEvalineIvyEvaline Posts: 17 Member
    Oh, in comparison to my pc, my console does lag a bit when playing sims4. Quite surprising. Like opening the fridge to see what's inside took a few couple seconds. And now I'm playing a 7 household, sometimes (rarely) the sims themselves will reset.

I try to keep my builds simple and not download complex build from the gallery, to keep my save files light. I'm a bit lazy to look at the specs of my pc and my ps4, but it might have to do something with it. Or maybe how sim4 is customised for the console under the hood. Who knows.

But, the lag is minimal.
  • UwUDaWorldUwUDaWorld Posts: 10 New Member
    as a ps4 player, i personally really like the console version. i do wish tho that there was less lag
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    [quote="UwUDaWorld;c-17835009"]as a ps4 player, i personally really like the console version. i do wish tho that there was less lag[/quote]

Agreed. Also the textures on console are really grainy and blurry in the world and on objects too.
  • spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    The only real problem I have with Sims4 on Xbox is the Controller issues. The Controller is almost game breaking, You spend so much time trying to figure out how to use it and what menu Your cycled in that its annoying. I have played Sims since the Original game on both PC and Consoles. This Sims4 Xbox one x version looks, acts , and feels like pc until You get into the Control functions. Lots of bugs with it also. I really hope they address it soon and fix the walls up/down and stair issues or it is back to the PC version for Me and I will never play Sims on a Console again.
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    The sims 4 on console is exactly like the pc version apart from the ability to download cc and mods, we have the gallery and have all the packs/kits released, now that we've caught up with packs, we're getting packs released the same as pc, I'd say once you get used to the controller and if your okay with playing without cc and mods its great, the sims 4 on console also has keyboard and mouse support
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    I think it works well on PS4 it's takes a little while to get used to the controls but not had any issues with it really.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I had the base game only on my PS4 before I sold both the game and console. I could never figure out any of the controls for the game. I would always be changing something intentionally. Also with my Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, it became kinda painful to play. Needless to say, like I said, I ended up selling both the console and game a year ago. I now have a Nintendo Switch Lite (and will probably get the newer Nintendo Switch OLED after it drops next month), and I WISH Nintendo and EA/Maxis would come to some form of agreement on either Sims 4 or 5 in the future. I would love to have my Sims on the go again (other than FreePlay on my phone).
    I had issues with lagging in Build/Buy mode on the PS4 but otherwise it was fine. I did have to reinstall everything after one of the patches a few months back caused a lot of crashes.

I managed to get a PS5 recently, and when I fired up the game for the first time yesterday the difference was like night and day. It was like this game's recent changes and optimizations are geared toward the PS5 vs PS4. I had a gaming rig when TS4 first launched, and I'm pretty sure the PS5 runs it better than that ever did. I still use a wireless keyboard and mouse. You don't need anything fancy for the PS4 or PS5. I bought one of those Logitech keyboard and mouse combs for $30 or so on Amazon.

I hope everyone reading this already has a PS5 or can get one someday soon to see what I'm talking about. I had stopped playing for a few months because of the issues I had in Build/Buy but now I want to start playing a new game.
  • MiniWolfsbaneMiniWolfsbane Posts: 16 Member
    The game is fun and great, but mine was really glitching a few months back. It wasn't to the point where it was unplayable, just really frustrating at times to have to save and restart. I also had my favorite sim just freeze up in one spot and not obey any commands to the point of bladder failure, or another was stuck in bed. I think updates helped, glitches only once in a while now. I got the game for free or cheap off steam for PC and it's been a learning curve learning how to play on there again when it was my only source for a while. As my most favorite sims live on my PS4, I plan on getting most EPs for there and limiting the ones for PC to 4-5 as I don't need all of them, but they make the game tons more interesting with them and have traits you can't get elsewhere. (I've debated getting GTW for a challenge and the doctor career, but still not sure yet and it just went off sale.) I'd go on and on, but it would be getting off-topic. PS4 is great, but it'll be so much more fun once we get that awesome progression system implemented soon. Lastly, I like mods for PC, but they're a bit overwhelming when you get a bunch at once.