Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why doesn't the game generate toddler townies?

It generates toddlers to adopt and toddlers to be adopted with MCCC, but never with newly generated families, even without MCCC. What gives? :neutral:
pN7cZBV.gif
Just vibing...
Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!

Comments

• ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    Sometimes they do get generated but the ratio is veeeeery low. Young Adults, Adults and mostly elders (in my game at least) have a far higher ratio of being generated. You can change the ratio in MCCC. I've set toddlers, children and teens to appear more often.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    As @Toreshinbo said, you can change the ratio of Sims generated with MCCC -- I set elders to zero because I was getting way too many single elder households in my game, and evened out the rest of the age groups. I've gotten single moms and dads with toddlers, along with the usual variety of Sims impregnating other Sims and making babies that grow up into toddlers. (In one of my saves Gavin Richards was a busy boy; had twins with Summer Holiday and triplets with Miko Ojo along with a few random single births before he settled down and married Ulrike Faust.)

The game tends to react to the ages you have in your game -- if you've got a single young adult, a lot of single young adults (of both genders) will be generated. If you have a family with kids/teens, you'll see more families with kids/teens (usually with a single parent but occasionally with two parents). It might take a little while but you'll see a few toddlers generated, though the game might skip the toddlers and just generate children once your toddler ages up to child.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Is there any point to toddler townies anyway? I thought toddler townies never appear at community lots so we wouldn't see them anyway.

I have added toddlers in to families in houses and have never even seen those ones anywhere. The only time I ever get toddlers on to a community lot is if I invite them specifically with their parent.
  • NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It generates toddlers to adopt and toddlers to be adopted with MCCC, but never with newly generated families, even without MCCC. What gives? :neutral:

Well, toddlers don't move around in the streets or visit public lots like children do. They don't even have homes when the families are generated, so what's the point? But since you can bring your own toddlers with you around town, it would be nice to see unplayed Sims do the same - at least those who have moved into a lot. It occurred to me the other day when I was at a park with my toddler.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Short answer: Probably because they did't have toddlers in the game when they made the initial spawning code and they didn't tweak it when they added them.

In my experience the game only spawns sims it feels you "need" to play the game. When I start a new game with a YA sim I see a lot of YA & Adult sims with a smattering of families with teens and children thrown it but not a whole lot of them unless I add in families that have children and teens to the game. When my sim's offspring age up to children you start to see more children, when they reach teen hood you see more teens circle and repeat. In much the same way that the game probably won't generate/assign a sim to be a nanny or a bartender or the Park Ranger unless you need that sort of sim in your game (exception to this seems to be the Pizza Delivery person because I often times see them wandering around my neighborhood).

There are of course ways to work around the games spawning design. Lot traits like Teen Hangout or attending specific bar nights at the bars will generate more teens or ghosts or aliens into your world so they could at some point add a toddler related lot trait that might push the game to generate toddler townies but since the game sims don't have babies on their own that will grow up to toddlers I think it will continue to default towards spawning children rather then toddlers since kids can run around and do stuff on their own.

(Of course another work around to this is using Mods to have sims have babies which would mean you would have toddlers in your world but I don't ever see them get brought to places really even then)
    ~ ~ ~
  • AnonypigAnonypig Posts: 62 Member
    I'm hoping that this will be added later, when there's more for toddlers to do. I'd love to see families with toddlers at the parks, etc.