Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Console Trailer is PC Footage

jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
https://youtu.be/FUAHbqsxfUo

Is this false advertising showing a mouse curser in CAS and Build Mode? Will the console version actually use a mouse curser (sounds like a nightmare).

Was this thrown together yesterday because Microsoft leaked it :joy: I feel bad for the marketing team if it was.
Post edited by jackjack_k on

Comments

• PukingautotunePukingautotune Posts: 154 Member
    The point is to make more money
    tumblr_nz9zidvExq1s2nj6io1_250.gif
  • Lbphart3Lbphart3 Posts: 59 Member
    I didn't notice it said pc footage lol,Maybe it will have a on screen mouse? Either way I'm super excited to see it coming to consoles.:)
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    Im just so amused about so many post of Sims 4 coming to Xbox. I dont understand why the fuss, why so many people are upset as so many are happy about it, am I missing something? I know so many friends who want to see what Sims 4 is like but they dont want to play it on PC, even after me trying to convince them to try it, but they prefer to play it on the console. Im glad its coming to console, I have Xbox One and will be pre ordering the Xbox One X. I will try it to see whats its like on Xbox.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @lovlyb wrote: »
    Im just so amused about so many post of Sims 4 coming to Xbox. I dont understand why the fuss, why so many people are upset as so many are happy about it, am I missing something? I know so many friends who want to see what Sims 4 is like but they dont want to play it on PC, even after me trying to convince them to try it, but they prefer to play it on the console. Im glad its coming to console, I have Xbox One and will be pre ordering the Xbox One X. I will try it to see whats its like on Xbox.

I'm excited for console! But this is a trailer showing the PC game not console footage, but it's called the "console trailer" it just seems pointless
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @lovlyb wrote: »

I'm excited for console! But this is a trailer showing the PC game not console footage, but it's called the "console trailer" it just seems pointless

Yeah I noticed that, I dont why. Maybe they will post one updated with console version. Seem rushed though, they could have done one with game console version.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm guessing the trailer was rushed and used the PC footage because the official announcement wasn't actually supposed to happen until next month (probably at Gamescon) but someone at Microsoft jumped the gun and released the info early. They needed to lean into the curve and took a general Sims 4 trailer they already had lying around (I'm almost positive I've seen this trailer or something very similar to it before) for the teaser rather then rush to put something together using the actual in-game footage. Makes sense that they would prefer to wait until Gamescom to debut actual in-game footage as they'd originally planned to do.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member

Terrible trailer. It literally states what you see is all PC footage, so can someone tell me what the point is?

How can you put this up for pre-order showing a mouse curser in CAS and Build Mode?

And worse still, if a console port will use an onscreen mouse?

Was this thrown together yesterday because Microsoft leaked it :joy:

Im staying hopeful until next month and gamescom where we now know the sims 4 console will be playable.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Seeing all the new features in the trailer makes me wonder if TS4 will be better received this time. Lots of the complaints of the launch are not true anymore...
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    edited July 2017
    The cursor shape is different in the trailer than our PC version

Cross platform is a good thing, no?
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member

The trailer is the PC version.

This
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited July 2017

The cursor is different because while the footage shown is taken in-game from the PC version the cursor was more then likely added in post production to make it more prominent/easier to see. This is probably their current show-the-game-off general trailer the one they use while promoting the game for industry people and the like.
    ~ ~ ~
    Oh its all fun and games. Just have a laugh!!!!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »

The cursor is different because while the footage shown is taken in-game from the PC version the cursor was more then likely added in post production to make it more prominent/easier to see. This is probably their current show-the-game-off general trailer the one they use while promoting the game for industry people and the like.

No, the cursor is the PC version. The cursor looks like that when you're in CAS and can pull and drag in different directions.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member

Figures. I thought it was the console version.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member

Figures. I thought it was the console version.

Nope, at the end it says all gameplay is the PC version :(
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    How will the click & drag thing work on a console?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    How will the click & drag thing work on a console?

I was thinking that too. Hahaa. I never understood how any sims game will work on console (I know it's been done before) but I just can't imagine how annoying it is to move around and select things. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • jusMehjusMeh Posts: 424 Member
    Seeing all the new features in the trailer makes me wonder if TS4 will be better received this time. Lots of the complaints of the launch are not true anymore...

LOL why are you so worried about its reception? You work on the dev team or something? Just... lol. :D

• princess_kaguyaprincess_kaguya Posts: 508 Member
    edited July 2017
    jusMeh wrote: »

LOL why are you so worried about its reception? You work on the dev team or something? Just... lol. :D

ikr :D:D
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    I am begging for direct Control. Playing TS on console with a simulated mouse is a nightmare.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I thought this when it shows the player dragging to reshape a sims face, not sure how it'll work on console. I do hope the console version looks similar if not the same as the PC version mind
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yeah, a simulated mouse would be a no go for for me - though you can plug a mouse and keyboard into a PS4, not sure about an xbox
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2017
    Yeah, a simulated mouse would be a no go for for me - though you can plug a mouse and keyboard into a PS4, not sure about an xbox

Not yet, not fully anyway though you can do some basic stuff with KB & M such as typing in chat etc. but proper KB & M support is coming for the Xbox One. It's strange to me that the Xbox One doesn't already have it seeing as the OS is Windows 10 based. It does still depend on games supporting it though.
  • JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member

Is this false advertising showing a mouse curser in CAS and Build Mode? Will the console version actually use a mouse curser (sounds like a nightmare).

Was this thrown together yesterday because Microsoft leaked it :joy: I feel bad for the marketing team if it was.

Lmao! My thoughts exactly. You might as well buy the PC aversion twice. You can stream from your PC onto the tv if you wanna play on a couch. I'm so confused by this.
    71rbpi.png