Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Confirmed -The Sims 4 - Coming to CONSOLE - Confirmed for Gamescom 2017

Comments

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Worth adding that many new XBox games come with a PC copy through the Windows Store, so you can play on either platform.

May not be the case here, but who knows.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • RubeeSimsRubeeSims Posts: 560 Member
    AFAIK the only EP that comes to console is Pets. It was the same for Sims 2 and Sims 3. So maybe Pets will be coming to PC in November, and they wanted to get the console version out then too so they could get Pets on console out next year.
    Tumblr
    Add me on Origin: rubeelovegood
  • lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care either way, its nice to see another studio was used meaning this doesnt effect PC development.

That said am I the only one that finds it strange that its being released for the Xbox One and not the PS4? Considering the majority of console owners have a PS4 sitting under their tvs since it sells twice as well.

I don't think I know anybody who ones an Xbox One that would have any interest in the Sims 4, since most of them buy it for xbox "halo" exclusive titles...not exactly the right demograph....

I dont think so, I have owned Xbox 360, One, and Oh I will be getting the new Xbox One X soon as it hits pre order. I know plenty of peoples who was waiting for this game to come to console and many are Xbox owners, so this would be great for them and me..
  • Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    This is so rubbish !! No expansion pack announcement but yet again something so foolish! :# To announce !!

We know there's an EP coming, probably in November -- after the catastrophe that was the early announcement of GT I don't think we're going to hear anything about the EP until September or October.

This is a totally different product -- different developers. Likely a lot more limited than the PC game unless consoles have developed the capacity to install CC and mods. Might be good for potential players who don't have control of the family PC (teens and such, with parents who don't want their computer loaded down with "fluff" when it's supposed to be for work/study). I'm surprised -- I didn't think we'd see Sims 4 on console but I'm fine with it.

I am not sure it will be a totally different product. Maybe a different dev house has done the port, but I suspect the essential code base to be the same. An XBox One is pretty much just a PC.

This is true, i remember when they were talking about one/ps4 they did say that these new consoles are built basically the same way as pcs due to all the problems they had with the previous generation of consoles making games harder to port.
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    I think this is awesome. More ways to play the great game than just the PC. Recently, I was asked by a younger relative of they have TS4 on console since they were interested in the franchise.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
    Nomiko13 wrote: »
    I think this is awesome. More ways to play the great game than just the PC. Recently, I was asked by a younger relative of they have TS4 on console since they were interested in the franchise.

I think its brilliant too! Im excited! I will get it on console too. Id even re buy all the dlc again for it. So long as it looks as good graphically.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member

I think its brilliant too! Im excited! I will get it on console too. Id even re buy all the dlc again for it. So long as it looks as good graphically.

Really? Mind, I'm the pot calling the kettle black. I have Mass Effect on two different platforms and Dragon's Dogma on three :blush:
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
    edited July 2017

Really? Mind, I'm the pot calling the kettle black. I have Mass Effect on two different platforms and Dragon's Dogma on three :blush:

I just hope this is a game you can play with disk and wont be part of some new streaming service through xbox live or something. Im assuming because there is a pre order bonus so im guessing its a physical game copy.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited July 2017
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    Honestly I don't care either way, its nice to see another studio was used meaning this doesnt effect PC development.

That said am I the only one that finds it strange that its being released for the Xbox One and not the PS4? Considering the majority of console owners have a PS4 sitting under their tvs since it sells twice as well.

I don't think I know anybody who ones an Xbox One that would have any interest in the Sims 4, since most of them buy it for xbox "halo" exclusive titles...not exactly the right demograph....

I'm skeptical to the thought that EA and Sony has a diminished relationship as a result of Sony rejecting Origin Access as a program on their system years ago. The delayed PS4 launch might be a gesture or indication of that bad relationship.

But as much as you, this news doesn't concern me either way, and it's good to know it won't affect PC development.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Cool! I know a lot of people who liked previous console versions, and some who play on PC now who started on console. Glad to see that the game is doing well enough to support more than just one way of playing it. Maybe some of the players who have been trying/failing/struggling to play on homework-level laptops will have access now. An LED TV and a console is cheaper than a gaming laptop for people who need a laptop for school, and a lot of those people might already have the TV if not the console.

I see this just as the opposite, this pretty much screams DESPERATION after 3 years. Looks like a quick port to sell more and more DLC, such a good plan

Every other Sims game to date has had console releases attached to them are you claiming that the Sims 2 or 3 console versions (released roughly one year after their respective games were released) were also created out of desperation?.

This is not a new thing and I have absolutely no idea why people are shocked or angry about this.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited July 2017
    Perhaps I will purchase an Xbox One for the Sims 4 on console to see what it is like.

Back to the shadows I go...
    1319738930_homer_simpson_hides_in_hedge.gif
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm def not happy about this ..didnt a guru state officially that sims 4 WASN'T coming to console ?! 🐸🐸🐸🐸 liars
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited July 2017
    Great News for the Franchise! Funny, though, since I was about to ask for a console port anyways.

BUT WHY ONLY FOR XBOX (hello, EA, PS4 has sold 60 Million Units)?! Hopefully just a time exclusive.

Edit: Reading through reddit and comments on gaming sites non-simmers are very happy with this announcement as well. Good times!

"[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited July 2017
    ChambersN wrote: »
    I'm def not happy about this ..didnt a guru state officially that sims 4 WASN'T coming to console ?! plum liars

A producer said last year it wasn't.
    http://xboxoneuk.com/xbox-one/news/sims-4-not-coming-to-console-anymore/
  • cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm def not happy about this ..didnt a guru state officially that sims 4 WASN'T coming to console ?! plum liars

Lyndsay said a year ago that a console version wasn't coming in the near future.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/sims-4-release-date-ps4-xbox-one-no-plans-console-version-confirmed-547969

edit: @MidnightAura beat me to it :D
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    I can has on Switch?...lol. Actually the only console I have is an Xbox360 so I can't even get it.

I think it's cool though. Some people may not have PCs but do have Xbox One for their TV and whatnot. Would be cool for them to play too. Only downside might be the gallery on PC not being open to them. Then again they may have their own.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    I will be curious to see if it will incorporate the optional story mode that was rumored at one point to be included in the PC version but wasn't in the final game. If it does and it comes out on the Switch I might decide to purchase it but if it doesn't I probably wouldn't bother getting both.
    ~ ~ ~

They did, a year ago. But back then that was clearly the case. Alot can change in a year.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    pass the bleach

just kidding. I think it is good that the Sims 4 is coming to consoles, they can reach a wider audience that way.
  • HalloMolliHalloMolli Posts: 2,720 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am hoping for direct controls. Simulating a (mouse-)Cursor on console can become very tedious during (longer) gameplay sessions. It is something I've been wishing for a PC Version too, btw.
    "[...] and everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end."

• PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited July 2017
    In other news: Meh and more meh
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    I hope it doesn't bug and glitch to death like sims 3 on console.
    But i an happy it reached consoles.
  • MoonCrossWarrior22MoonCrossWarrior22 Posts: 719 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oh my, I hope they will add more freedom on it; like being able to switch households on one save file much like on the PC, PS3 Sims 3 didn't give such freedom; which stinked royally... ALSO I hope they include expansions/ DLC's for it as well... And for it to be on the PS4, I'd buy it if it is and if it contains the content I stated on this comment. :P
    If you are interested in challenges; check out the Reincarnation challenge right at this link! here! | If you want spectator mode; go to this link. (for sims 3) here
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    edited July 2017
    Apparently some plum intern in Microsoft messed up. This is supposed to arrive for PS4 too but was only meant to be announced in August.

Somebody's getting fired :blush:
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Oh my, I hope they will add more freedom on it; like being able to switch households on one save file much like on the PC, PS3 Sims 3 didn't give such freedom; which stinked royally... ALSO I hope they include expansions/ DLC's for it as well... And for it to be on the PS4, I'd buy it if it is and if it contains the content I stated on this comment. :P

It'll probably get an assortment of DLC from what's been released for the PC. Perfect Patio Stuff was mentioned as an early access exclusive for preorders, what exactly it includes compared to the PC DLC pack is still unknown.

I do not expect to see Game Packs or Expansion Packs converted for console. I also doubt that every SP will be converted. It did not last long at all for Sims 3 (repackaging select Store sets), I highly doubt it will turn out to be much different with 4.