Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 story progression?

Hi guys...so how do you like gaming...story on or story off? I have always played the townies automation turned off so I have no Idea how does the "Story Progression" work on the sims 4. I would really appreciate if someone could explain it to me thank you :)...

Comments

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Sorry to break this to you, but there is no story progression in Sims4. Closest you're going to get to it, is using the MC Command Center mod by Deaderpool. What you have turned off is autonomy. Your Sim will stand in a corner and do nothing until you direct them. If you want them to carry on, while you're busy with another Sim, then turn autonomy on. Now, some like to play with Aging off. This keeps everyone in the town from aging (except babies, I believe). I prefer to play on Long, myself. Then I age up my household members when I see fit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited July 2017
    @GalacticGal Thank you, yes I already knew that it´s not the same as it was in the Sims 3...but how about the non played household, do they get pregnant or anything, they just grow old and that´s it? In the doctor career you need to have the aging turned on for a pregnant sims to show up at the hospital so I thought that at least the make children...but I guess not then..
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2017
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Hi guys...so how do you like gaming...story on or story off? I have always played the townies automation turned off so I have no Idea how does the "Story Progression" work on the sims 4. I would really appreciate if someone could explain it to me thank you :)...

In the other words, you turned something previously known as Free Will off? Free Will is now known as Autonomy.

There is no story progression in The Sims 4. Other sims age, die by old age, get deleted while new sims get generated, and the sims who get generated move in (If it is enabled). Other sims won't have children. They don't get married, break up, die by unnatural causes ect. They may change their jobs, but sims in The Sims 3 did the same thing even when the story progression was off.
    You can turn on and off the Automatic Move Ins if you like. It is only thing the game does to have sims living in the world.

You can change the aging settings. You can turn on and off aging for played and unplayed households seperately. You can also do that only the active household ages (Just like in The Sims 2). At least you can edit any sim you want through Manage Households in Manage Worlds. That way you can add children to other families. Threre are also some mods.
    edited July 2017
    @GalacticGal Thank you, yes I already knew that it´s not the same as it was in the Sims 3...but how about the non played household, do they get pregnant or anything, they just grow old and that´s it? In the doctor career you need to have the aging turned on for a pregnant sims to show up at the hospital so I thought that at least the make children...but I guess not then..

No you don't have to enable aging. No, unplayed households won't get pregnant or anything. I have noticed that pregnant sim that comes to the hospital is a randomly generated sim. At least if you move them in you can play with her and her baby.
    Facts about aging is in my previous post.
  • KismetRoseKismetRose Posts: 302 Member
    Like others mentioned, the game acts in "dumb mode" as I like to call it; it will not marry townies or make them pregnant. I used to go manage the townies manually to create new generations, otherwise they would just age up and die. New townies would be made and moved into homes, but the families that we know would not carry on their legacy.

I finally caved and got MC Command Center after lots of people told me how awesome it is.. And it really is! I wish I would have gotten it sooner xD Not only does it take care of the townies, but it also gives you lots of other options to set up your game; including fixing bugs and annoying things EA should have fixed long time ago.

If interested, you can look at it here:

https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/
  • JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I actually prefer more the Sims 2 styled story...because I like to control my town. The sims 4 is better than the Sims 3 with managing the townies and town. I just hoped they would not just grew old and vanish lol. So okay...thanks for your answers guys, I now know I dont miss anything special even tough I always have aging turned off and also do not let random sims to move in my towns.
    I actually prefer more the Sims 2 styled story...because I like to control my town. The sims 4 is better than the Sims 3 with managing the townies and town. I just hoped they would not just grew old and vanish lol. So okay...thanks for your answers guys, I now know I dont miss anything special even tough I always have aging turned off and also do not let random sims to move in my towns.

You welcome!
    It's great to know that there are players who like The Sims 2 styled aging.
    But be careful. When you switch to a family where sims have to go to work and school now, they won't be there. Also unlike in The Sims 2, all the worlds together in one save is one save, not The Sims 2 style (Every lot in the neighborhood is it's own save file). This means that time will not change when you switch families, meaning that when you go away from family at 7.00 PM and switch to other, there will be 7.00 PM, too.
    Still, I like how The Sims 4 is much more rotational player friendly than The Sims 3.
  • PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    There is no story progression at all within TS4. Townies and unplayed households to not marry or become pregnant. You will need the MC Command Center Mod in order to obtain any real form of story progression.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´