Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We NEED Change!!!!

I have an idea for the sims. What if every time the Sims team had an idea for a pack whether it be expansion, stuff, or game they had a vote. They don't need to show us the poll until they can confirm who won with a trailer. I feel like they are doing great, but they aren't really connecting with their market very well sometimes. An example is fitness stuff. It's great for reviewers who get it for free, but it's really not worth a stuff pack. Also, while I'm on this discussion I think I speak for a lot of players when I say that if stuff packs took a break for more expansions of game packs it would be great!!!! Dont get me wrong TS4 is a great game that I LOVE, but more content that feels "worth it" would be nice.

*This is not meant to be like Eco Living's idea. That didn't have a good outcome due to too little options. Fans would've been unhappy either way.
Post edited by Zakzebrah on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    no thank you
    we see how that worked out with laundry already :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • ZakzebrahZakzebrah Posts: 41 Member
    @CyrusTheLoser I mean with expansions and game packs. Objects don't have to be done. What I'm think is the theme will be voted on out of let's say 5. With a brief description of their idea. Tbh stuff packs are always lackluster.
  • KarallyneKarallyne Posts: 362 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have to agree with @CyrusTheLoser. After the stuff pack voting, I'm fully aware now that my interests are definitely not in line with the rest of the community, so it wouldn't be in my interest to have the community continue voting on pack themes, whether stuff, game, or expansion. I like the way it's done now. The majority won't be pleased by EVERY pack, but those of us who aren't in the majority in wanting a certain theme still get a chance to have what we want.
    @Karallyne I feel like with that they gave the community too much control. This is just for a theme out of a variety of options. Really the community wasn't to blame for Eco Living it was the options given. People would've been angry with any of the options. They could have better suggestions.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    The problem I see with this is, there will be people who want one thing and others who want another and others who want still another, etc. The ones that don't win will not know for a very long time due to how long it takes for a pack to make it through the creative process. This lengthy creative process will also make the winners wonder where their pack is and will it come or have they shelved it for something else that came along. There can be several problems that arise that may force a change in the development from the original direction. What do they do then? Send out another poll? The community pack was meant to show the peeps how much it takes, creationwise, timewise and planningwise, to put even the smallest of packs together. Imagine all the work for a GP or especially, an EP.

I think other than making suggestions for pack ideas in the proper forum, it's probably best if we kept our collective noses out of it. Besides, I like the excitement of the reveal of the next pack.
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I would love to have a vote. Yes. I think that is a good idea. Each pack, vote.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Zakzebrah wrote: »
    @Karallyne I feel like with that they gave the community too much control. This is just for a theme out of a variety of options. Really the community wasn't to blame for Eco Living it was the options given. People would've been angry with any of the options. They could have better suggestions.

Actually, the suggestions other than laundry were very good. This pack was going to be laundry regardless of the voting by the fans though. Laundry is the only idea of the eco theme that would fit properly in to a SP. Very limited repetitive game play.

Nectar making, canning, actual eco living off the land would require much more depth than an SP can give them so I'm actually glad it was steered to laundry.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I don't like the voting thing. I kept missing the vote and stuff I did not want kept winning. Plus all the division laundry caused is just not worth it.
  • violetta3violetta3 Posts: 47 Member
    Personally I think they should have made it into game pack and added few of the other ideas they had. I voted landery because I really wanted it but would love to see jam maker and solar panals too. If you know what I mean.
    @violetta3 I know what you mean, but I feel like if it were a game pack everyone would be angry because the idea doesn't seem game pack worthy for many.
  • OoAtomicKittenoOOoAtomicKittenoO Posts: 47 Member
    Really, this "community thing" was... not what the devs thought it would be. They should probably just keep the discussions in the idea room. The whole community is flipping backwards because of this vote.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    Yeah, I don't like the voting thing. I wouldn't want them to do that for the EPs or GPs.

It bothers me that some of the options I voted for won't be in the pack. It just leaves a bit of disappointment in me. I can't bear with that kinda disappointment anymore. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member

Not sure about this. If they did voting for an EP, what if the options were seasons, pets, super heroes. Or University, New Idea EP, disasters. Whichever one wins there will be many disappointed people for sooo many different reasons. People will be mad at players for choosing the things they desire for their own game when in the head's of disappointed people, we should be picking what "they" desire. No thanks.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I don't mind the occasional stuff pack vote, as stuff packs are niche packs that are easy to pass on if they don't suit your needs. It's a neat community involvement project for the staff and the fans. However, my interests definitely don't jive with the general sims population/majority so I'm not really interested in seeing vote options for EPs or GPs. This whole experience has taught me I definitely have more in common with the developers' vision of the game than I do with my the vast majority of my fellow simmers. lol Before this, I honestly thought it was the opposite.

My deviant/imperfect living play style receives little support from the devs, but when the community is charged with choosing the content, it receives no support. Like I said, I don't mind sacrificing SPs to this sort of community involvement project, they're niche themes and relatively harmless to pass on. I'm never upset by an SP not having anything for my play style, because it's an SP. They're meant to be niche and will never appeal to everyone. GPs and EPs are a lot more important to me, though, and I don't want to chance having to pass on one of those because the community wanted some mundane everyday aspect of life in the game instead of something fresh that we haven't seen before. The devs have a more vested interest in making sure GPs and EPs have something for most play styles than the sims community does.

I really hope to see those other Stuff Pack ideas fleshed out in a GP, incorporated into an EP, or added into a patch at some point in the future. They were all good ideas, and I'd love to see them in the game someday.
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • zombiesuezombiesue Posts: 148 Member
    I don't get why people are against voting? Just because a vote isn't held doesn't mean they'll make what you want either...?
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    violetta3 wrote: »
    Personally I think they should have made it into game pack and added few of the other ideas they had. I voted landery because I really wanted it but would love to see jam maker and solar panals too. If you know what I mean.

But quite a few of the other ideas could lend themselves to other packs -- "off the grid", for example, could possibly be a feature in a Seasons pack where you'd actually have to take into account weather conditions. For example, if you have solar panels and it's winter with a lot of cloudy days, maybe you'll have to buy power because there's not enough for all your appliances, or change your routine (visit the library to do your computer work because you need to save energy for essential appliances like stoves and refrigerators. And we've now got enough ideas for an actual Farming/Rural Life EP if they want to go that route; things like canning and nectar making could work well in that sort of pack, and we could get a new world that's geared to that sort of theme. Laundry doesn't really fit anywhere other than maybe a bed/bath SP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Alysha1988Alysha1988 Posts: 3,452 Member
    I think they can easily see if they care to look what sorts of ideas seem to be more popular/wanted. I doubt having more votes would really help them. We saw how the stuff pack voting went. People get mad that what they wanted didn't win and then claim thw hole process was unfair, with a handful of people saying maxis should just throw out the vote results and make the thing that they wanted because that's obviously the best choice and people who voted for the winning thing are fools or somehow lacking in mental capacity.

And (just like this time) if we were to be voting on more than 2 options, then those who didn't get what they wanted would technically be correct in saying that the majority of people didn't vote for whatever the winner is. So yeah, I think reading around online would get them a good idea of the types of things people would like to see, and each pack that comes out will probably please and displease just as many people as any voted on pack would have.

• JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    After the results of the "Not-So-Eco Living SP, I personally hope that Maxis doesn't ever hold another community vote for any of the upcoming EP, GP, or SP to be 100% honest.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    zombiesue wrote: »
    I don't get why people are against voting? Just because a vote isn't held doesn't mean they'll make what you want either...?

Let me put it to you simply:

If they don't have a vote, the devs do all the decisions, where we, the consumers, don't have to know about. Therefore, we won't know what features we would miss. We just take whatever is given to us (if we choose to buy it) since they have made the decision.

But with a vote, we get to see certain ideas that would have been a possibility in the game but if that idea doesn't win, then it's bye bye. And it kinda hurts cuz you know there's a chance that it could be in the game but it won't be cuz it didn't win the vote.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    zombiesue wrote: »

I agree. I am for the vote <3
  • simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member

Hi, I believe that good Guru's will read the forums, or have assistants they can trust to take good notes. I'm saying this because only a small percent of players actually take the time to give feedback, that is true with just about anything, so many more are playing the game and complaining or giving feedback to their computers or friends and family.
    I do not care for fitness, it is at the bottom of my list, but I'm also one of those people who think that working hard at work is all the exercise I need lol. I'm into making my sims not all look the same so I can tell them apart, waiting for pets and just waiting to see what direction they take now.

Toddlers built back some trust with the team, the character building options really won me over and they are so cute!

I also want seasons back and I do take the surveys that EA sends me and I'm honest, but I'm not comfortable with them asking us on a voting level because of the percentage gap from players to responders.

Zoe
  • doodles8301doodles8301 Posts: 9 New Member
    I would like to see more ways to customize my Sims. I am also hoping for Seasons and Pets.
  • GiuliaDPGiuliaDP Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everybody,

I think voting is very useful and should always be done, because it allows The Sims' fans to express themselves, so that the game developers etc..can check what fans want and hopefully they realize into stuff packs etc.. what the majority of fans like!

I think a change should be done soon with some expension packs, instead. I think, to start, Seasons and Pets are great for a good change!
  • MissElisethMissEliseth Posts: 7 New Member
    > @doodles8301 said:
    > I would like to see more ways to customize my Sims. I am also hoping for Seasons and Pets.

I want seasons and pets so badly. Those need to be in the game. I'm surprised that we're this far along and they still haven't worked those into it.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    They said they wouldn't be able to do voting stuff with GP/EPs due to the size, and tbh I don't think they could afford a mis-jointed EP/GP due to the resources it would take. Stuff packs are small and can be done much quicker and obviously less resources, so they can gamble on that with the voting stuff.