Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 is going into EA Access Vault

GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
Those that subscribe to EA Access as of Jul 11 2017 can DL Sims 4. :) However I do not know if all the Packs will be available.
Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Comments

• John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    What is Access Vault ?
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    John4est wrote: »
    What is Access Vault ?

What he said!
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited July 2017
    What is Access Vault ?

It is an subscription service where you pay $29.99/year or $9.99/month and you get to play any game that is in the vault. EA has it on the Xbox and on PC. I like the service and I do not mind paying $29.99 per year even though the games disappear if you opt out.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    What is Access Vault ?

It is an subscription service where you pay $29.99/year or $9.99/month and you get to play any game that is in the vault. EA has it on the Xbox and on PC. I like the service and I do not mind paying $29.99 per year even though the games disappear if you opt out.

Omg! If I didn't spend all of my money on booze I might consider this! That's an awesome idea! I'm hoping new people will download the sims and fall in love with it like we all love it now <3 #blest

2qwq9ah.jpg
    What is Access Vault ?

Omg! If I didn't spend all of my money on booze I might consider this! That's an awesome idea! I'm hoping new people will download the sims and fall in love with it like we all love it now <3 #blest

I am thinking most of the packs will not be available because if they are EA would not get that money from the packs. I am thinking you would just get the base game and you have to buy the packs yourself and that is a caveat because if you opt out you can't play the packs you paid for. But heck the base game is cheap now.
  • Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    What is Access Vault ?

I am thinking most of the packs will not be available because if they are EA would not get that money from the packs. I am thinking you would just get the base game and you have to buy the packs yourself and that is a caveat because if you opt out you can't play the packs you paid for. But heck the base game is cheap now.

I feel like it's a great way to get into the Sims 4 rather than it being your primary use of playing it thinking "LOL I got it for free technically!". It's sorta
  • aleki_Shadimealeki_Shadime Posts: 27 Member
    I bought the sims 4 and I believe get to work and get together all at once in some giant origin sale a few years ago and I can't remember the exact cost but I think the base game was only around $30 (in Australia). To me this still seems like the better option if none of the packs are included and I expect they won't be.
    Dayvon64 wrote: »
    What is Access Vault ?

I feel like it's a great way to get into the Sims 4 rather than it being your primary use of playing it thinking "LOL I got it for free technically!". It's sorta
    yeah it is only free until you unsubscribe and once that happens you lose you the Sims 4.
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I pay 4.99 a month for it and it's not too bad. I use it primarily for playing small games in the vault that I'm interested (Orwell, Epistory, Mini Metro, etc) and the small discount on purchases is nice. It's not much but better than nothing imo. Adding TS4 to the vault will hopefully introduce more people to the series who will end up enjoying it just like John4est said!
    6riwm5.png
    edited July 2017
    As it stand right now only the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe pack will be offered and none of the packs according to Gamespot list of games coming to EA Access.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    As it stand right now only the Sims 4 Digital Deluxe pack will be offered and none of the packs according to Gamespot list of games coming to EA Access.

Problem?
    Still you can buy and install packs, no matter if you buy TS4 base game or get it free by The Vault
  • troubledbongotroubledbongo Posts: 74 Member
    If all someone is interested in is The Sims then Origin Access probably isn't the best deal (you would only have The Sims 3 Starter Pack and The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe).

Origin Access becomes a much better deal when you consider that it currently has 72 titles (88 if you count Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection as 17 separate games) with 5 more on the way (The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 among them). Many of them are Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Editions.

It's not a bad deal at £4/$5 a month and becomes even better at £20/$30 a year.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    We need more information about this. What happens if you already have all the packs, subscribe to The Vault and then opt out @SimGuruKimmi?

a) I'm worried about losing all my previously bought packs after that if Origin goes awry again - as it often seems to do.

b) You are stuck if you start subscribing, then buy some packs after - but later need to opt out if moving countries or for financial reasons.

c) Would it be possible to put Sims 1 in the Vault? Theme Hospital works in its' own DOS box in Windows 10 for me, so why cannot a workround be found for it and SimCity Societies as well.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Nice! Maybe we'll see a few new people around here who tried the game because of Access and were surprised to find they like it. It's really different from most other games, and I'm sure a lot of gamers just assume it's for someone else.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited July 2017
    If all someone is interested in is The Sims then Origin Access probably isn't the best deal (you would only have The Sims 3 Starter Pack and The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe).

Origin Access becomes a much better deal when you consider that it currently has 72 titles (88 if you count Command & Conquer Ultimate Collection as 17 separate games) with 5 more on the way (The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 among them). Many of them are Digital Deluxe or Ultimate Editions.

It's not a bad deal at £4/$5 a month and becomes even better at £20/$30 a year.
    I agree

edited July 2017
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    We need more information about this. What happens if you already have all the packs, subscribe to The Vault and then opt out @SimGuruKimmi?

a) I'm worried about losing all my previously bought packs after that if Origin goes awry again - as it often seems to do.

b) You are stuck if you start subscribing, then buy some packs after - but later need to opt out if moving countries or for financial reasons.

c) Would it be possible to put Sims 1 in the Vault? Theme Hospital works in its' own DOS box in Windows 10 for me, so why cannot a workround be found for it and SimCity Societies as well.

Being you brought the packs those are yours but when you opt out you must buy the base to play with the packs. The price of the base game has went down so some are willing to buy it. Yeah would be nice to play Sims 1 again. :)
    leo3487 wrote: »

Problem?
    Still you can buy and install packs, no matter if you buy TS4 base game or get it free by The Vault

It really is no problem if one is willing to buy the base game if they opt out and the price for the base game for me not bad even though I own two copies of each base game and packs.

As far is a) is concerned, all I can say is nothing happened to any of my games and DLC I already owned once Origin Access ended (I have since resubbed anyway).

As for b) As @Goldmodar said, any content you buy for any Origin Access games remain yours, though you would need to either buy the base game or re-sub when possible to continue to access it.

And for c) Who knows, they definitely could add The Sims 2 Collection if they wanted to though since they already have the package in Origin for those that managed to claim it on time back when they gave it away.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    If they added Sims 2 or 1 to this feature I would be all over it in a heartbeat. I doubt they will but it's nice to dream.
    ~ ~ ~
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member

Being you brought the packs those are yours but when you opt out you must buy the base to play with the packs. The price of the base game has went down so some are willing to buy it. Yeah would be nice to play Sims 1 again. :)

So, you buy an expansion, opt out and lose it? You should have your money back.

I still want more information. The only way I would join (having all the Sims' games in it) would be if it would be a subscription to get all the future Sims 4 packs as they came out, installed as they come out. I would do that.

As most of the other games are finished games it reeks a little of desperation to me. Is this the beginning of the end for Sims 4?

Sims 3 isn't in the Vault, why not?
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I'm presuming this doesn't affect our ability to buy, download and play the game as normal through Origin then?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited July 2017
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I'm presuming this doesn't affect our ability to buy, download and play the game as normal through Origin then?

Nope, wont change anything there. Even if you are subbed to Origin Access it doesn't affect any ability to buy games outright (though you do get a 10% discount with Origin Access which stacks on top of any sale discounts on the store).

So, you buy an expansion, opt out and lose it? You should have your money back.

I still want more information. The only way I would join (having all the Sims' games in it) would be if it would be a subscription to get all the future Sims 4 packs as they came out, installed as they come out. I would do that.

As most of the other games are finished games it reeks a little of desperation to me. Is this the beginning of the end for Sims 4?

Sims 3 isn't in the Vault, why not?

No. You keep the expansion you bought, you just need the base game to access it - as is the case with any DLC or Expansion for any game. So you need to buy the base game or maintain the sub to Origin Access to be able to access it.

Sims 3 Starter Pack IS in the vault.

• GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    edited July 2017
    I'm not in favor of paying for any more subscriptions, monthly. I paid FULL PRICE for the base game and all of the EPs, SPs, and GPs, so far. There has only been one GP that I didn't purchase because I'm just not fond of vampires. Please, no tomatoes. If we can no longer play Sims4 via Origin, I'm vaporized. My hubby has been laid off since the middle of May, and will just be gainfully employed again, come tomorrow. Although he negotiated with our mortgage company, who told us NOT to pay June's, I'm thinking we still owe at least two months. We're talking big bucks, here, folks. Sims4 is my outlet. Please, EA, don't force me to play Sims3 when the toddlers in Sims4 are so much better! The only thing Sims3 offers me is the singer career. Face/palm. :'(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited July 2017
    I'm not in favor of paying for any more subscriptions, monthly. I paid FULL PRICE for the base game and all of the EPs, SPs, and GPs, so far. There has only been one GP that I didn't purchase because I'm just not fond of vampires. Please, no tomatoes. If we can no longer play Sims4 via Origin, I'm vaporized. My hubby has been laid off since the middle of May, and will just be gainfully employed again, come tomorrow. Although he negotiated with our mortgage company, who told us NOT to pay June's, I'm thinking we still owe at least two months. We're talking big bucks, here, folks. Sims4 is my outlet. Please, EA, don't force me to play Sims3 when the toddlers in Sims4 are so much better! The only thing Sims3 offers me is the singer career. Face/palm. :'(

This isn't going to affect owners of the game. The Sims 4 isn't becoming a subscription only game or taken away from those who own it (even EA would struggle to ride the storm that would create). It's simply being added to the list of games that Origin Access subscribers can play as part of their sub.

• ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Seems to be the same sort of thing as Playstation Plus and Games with Gold - get the base and buy the DLC. Sub for life if you wanna keep playing.

Subscriptions are great for business. Nice and steady revenue streams

I for one am looking forward to the more global Breathable Air Plus that includes free Oxygen. Much better than that Nitrogen Basic freebie.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison