Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The internet is mocking us :P

Apparently a few articles ive read, states that Because we cant decide on what we actually want, or rather, we cant get what we want exactaly, The internet is calling is confused simmers lol
Romire - Australian Gamer
An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.

Comments

• Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    edited July 2017
    We're not confused. Just very diverse in what we want from the devs for the game.
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I'm indeed confused... I have even no idea what you're talking about.
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    We're not confused. Just very diverse in what we want from the devs for the game.

As am i.

I just want pets already...i mean it took 2 years for us to get toddlers in
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    Romire wrote: »

As am i.

Ya know... We *REALLY* don't know what you're talking about so... Could you explain who or what on the internet is saying this and what you are even talking about? Like, for real.

2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    TiaDogTiaDog Posts: 79 Member
    John4est wrote: »

As am i.

Ya know... We *REALLY* don't know what you're talking about so... Could you explain who or what on the internet is saying this and what you are even talking about? Like, for real.

A couple of blogs r saying we r fighting about the laundry stuff pack. look up sims laundry and u should see a blog thingy. And it will say The sims 4 community is fighting about Laundry. (I would link it but idk if I can). ( oh sorry for the spelling mistakes. Just trying to type this quickly).
    Sims Games I like to play - Sims 2 / Sims Medieval / Sims 2 Pets ( Wii ) / MySims / MySims Kingdom ( Wii )
    i-like-to-be-alone-but-i-hate-being-lonely-quote-1.jpg
  • Options
    John4estJohn4est Posts: 202 Member
    TiaDog wrote: »
    John4est wrote: »

As am i.

A couple of blogs r saying we r fighting about the laundry stuff pack. look up sims laundry and u should see a blog thingy. And it will say The sims 4 community is fighting about Laundry. (I would link it but idk if I can). ( oh sorry for the spelling mistakes. Just trying to type this quickly).

You had enough time to apologize for the spelling mistakes and explaining why you had spelling mistakes but not enough time to fix the spelling mistakes?

Lmao, I <3 you.

Thanks for the info! I need to stay in the loop
    2qwq9ah.jpg
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I'd seen one the other day I think by Kotaku or something and it was about quarreling over laundry. Article seems a lil late tho laundry debate has been going for a while it feels like. You'd think they'd get their timing better with these articles.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ??? Well what a useless article.

1- Yes we do know what we want
    2- Not everyone wants the same
    3- Developers do whatever they please anyway so why does it matter? Most stuff we want is either impossible or too hard and expensive
    4- When it comes to laundry, the debate is not about how we do not want laundry it's about how laundry has absolutely nothing to do with the eco theme pack. Which up till now I can't understand how this is even generating a debate. Its a fact.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    edited July 2017
    I mean I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty shameful to be part of a community which asked for laundry. (no shade)
    so I can see why we're being mocked.
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    4- When it comes to laundry, the debate is not about how we do not want laundry it's about how laundry has absolutely nothing to do with the eco theme pack. Which up till now I can't understand how this is even generating a debate. Its a fact.

Not really. There are eco-friendly variants of laundry.
    My reason for not liking laundry is simply because it's laundry.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Falynios wrote: »
    I mean I'm not gonna lie, it is pretty shameful to be part of a community which asked for laundry. (no shade)

That too. It's worse than the hype over dishwashers. I mean I don't mind them, but with everything missing laundry would be my last thought. I don't even think it would make it to my thoughts.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Falynios wrote: »

Not really. There are eco-friendly variants of laundry.
    My reason for not liking laundry is simply because it's laundry.

People are still asking for the regular type of laundry. Plus I'm really not having this argument. In an eco friendly pack considering it's only one main object, i would not pick laundry. I don't know who on earth hears eco friendly and thinks laundry
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    Who is talking about us but us?
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    what, you mean the simming community isn't one big homogeneous hivemind??? it's made up of individuals with differing opinions??
    what a shocker! :o
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    But did they lie?? The forum WAS in complete shambles when the results of that last vote were revealed and laundry won.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Why waste energy caring what some random person/persons think?
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    But did they lie?? The forum WAS in complete shambles when the results of that last vote were revealed and laundry won.

How is this any different from when get together was announced and people complained because it wasn't family play. Even though I hate the comparison cause I still stand by my thought of laundry being a ridiculous choice for this specific eco themed pack
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

How is this any different from when get together was announced and people complained because it wasn't family play. Even though I hate the comparison cause I still stand by my thought of laundry being a ridiculous choice for this specific eco themed pack
    Come on now our Sims will save the environment by doing their laundry, isn't that what everyone does?
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

Poor Get Together, got all the hate :(
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2017
    I didn't vote for laundry, but I must admit, laundry is a big deal when it comes to environmental friendly-ness. Think about it! In the Western world, at least, folks tend to used washing and drying machines for their clothes (or a clothesline). Washers and especially dryers eat up massive amounts of electricity. Washing and drying your clothes can be a significant chunk of your carbon footprint. the Eco-living pack's gonna bring your standard washing/drying machine but it's also gonna give us greener/alternative washing and drying options as well.

Folks might not think that laundry is a big deal when it comes to the environment, but it most certainly is. I think it's a cool idea, even if I didn't vote for it (I chose off-grid). I guess if you think about it in a different light, off-grid living may be a little harder for the average family to achieve but using a clothesline? Not so much :)
    Post edited by Lyoufln on
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Energy usage for laundry is almost entirely in the drier and what little electricity the washer uses is almost entirely to heat water (a washer uses about 10% of the drier). Overall the average US family uses more electricity on the drier than to continually run a refrigerator. But seriously if you want to reduce your carbon footprint in the West the largest culprit in terms of appliances is central AC.

Note washing clothes (not drying them) is a major source of elevated phosphate levels in lakes and rivers and lead to algal blooms that can be hard on wildlife in affected waterways (fertilizer is the other major source). Though the biodegradable detergents that have been in use for about 50 years mean you don't get a lot of chemical pollution from laundry, the biodegradable surfactants (or the builders that soften the water to ease suspension of dirt and grease) are rich in phosphates. Since phosphorus acquisition is almost always the limiting component on algea growth, adding phosphates as a ready source of phosphorus leads to such growth. Once the population explodes it will eventually die, and when that dead algea decays it depletes the dissolved oxygen, and fish die in turn once the dissolved oxygen is reduced sufficiently.
    OriginID: CrunchedStars
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited July 2017
    Y'all saying all these things about how much energy washers and dryers use and not a quote or research article in sight. Lol
  • Options
    Y'all saying all these things about how much energy washers and dryers use and not a quote or research article in sight. Lol

It's common sense
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/ocw/mod/oucontent/view.php?printable=1&id=2317
    ctrl+f "domestic detergents"
    washing machines not only waste energy/water, but contribute to eutrophication.
    pick up any high school science textbook for further research.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited July 2017
    starcrunch wrote: »
    Note washing clothes (not drying them) is a major source of elevated phosphate levels in lakes and rivers and lead to algal blooms that can be hard on wildlife in affected waterways
    Uhh the use of phosphate in detergents is banned in a lot of places, including the US and Europe.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Come on - really? Sims and energy usage? Eco friendly anything really - it's a game and wee are talkin' about a style. I'll use whatever they send our way but sheesh.