Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Restaurants - Chef Level 10 But Food Is Poor Quality?

I remember seeing this on the forum months ago, but didn't know this was still a thing. I finally have my chefs up to Level 10. But the quality of the food is poor. The poor quality seems to be dropping my star-rating of my restaurant. It seems if I stick to difficulty level 1-3 food comes out normal. Difficulty 4-5, food is poor. But even at normal, customers are dropping their star level as price is too high. This is beyond frustrating! Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, is there a fix or work around?

Comments

• Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Yeah, this is a bug with DO, and as far as I know, no one has come up with a fix to this. I gave up on my restaurant because of this and haven't tried to run one since. It's frustrating.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    Simmers are still having this issue.
    This is what SimGuruNick posted about this issue in this AHQ EA thread
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-DO-Top-level-chefs-in-restaurant-cooking-poor-quality-food/td-p/5661262/page/10
    My QA team is definitely aware of this issue, and has reproduced it as well. I don't know when this will be fixed, but from what I understand the issue is due to overly complicated tuning, and thus it's not a simple fix. Apparently there are way too many variables involved with determining the final food quality. It seems that there is almost no quality gain from being a high skill chef, but there is a massive quality hit from recipe difficulty.

There's not much more I can say (as that's all I know), but thank you so much to everyone who provided me with info and save files and helped our QA team narrow this one down.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    That's super frustrating. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I remember seeing this on the forum months ago, but didn't know this was still a thing. I finally have my chefs up to Level 10. But the quality of the food is poor. The poor quality seems to be dropping my star-rating of my restaurant. It seems if I stick to difficulty level 1-3 food comes out normal. Difficulty 4-5, food is poor. But even at normal, customers are dropping their star level as price is too high. This is beyond frustrating! Is anyone else experiencing this? Also, is there a fix or work around?

Doesn't your Sim have to have some sort of experience in cooking particular meals? I thought no matter if they had level ten cooking skill, even in a home, they have to have made the dish several times. Or am I confused with TS3?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @Cinebar I don't know. All I know is that Dine Out is not the same as how it was, when it was 1st released. At release, if the chef was level 10 then food was excellent quality. It didn't matter what the food type was.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Changing the chef's cooking speed to slow somewhat helps the issue. I was finally able to get a 5 star restaurant again by doing this. It does mean you may need to hire an additional chef for larger restaurants.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    some tips (in order of priority):
    -set the cooking speed to careful (get the patient patrons perk as soon as possible so that people don't get upset at the food taking too long)
    -rush the "inspirational speech" perk and use it on your chefs whenever you can.
    -put inspired decor in the kitchen and turn it on
    -bump up the ingredient quality (this would be higher up, because it does have a very noticeable impact on the quality, but it can easily make a restaurant hard to profit from)

with all of this my chefs almost always produce excellent quality food
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    some tips (in order of priority):
    -set the cooking speed to careful (get the patient patrons perk as soon as possible so that people don't get upset at the food taking too long)
    -rush the "inspirational speech" perk and use it on your chefs whenever you can.
    -put inspired decor in the kitchen and turn it on
    -bump up the ingredient quality (this would be higher up, because it does have a very noticeable impact on the quality, but it can easily make a restaurant hard to profit from)

with all of this my chefs almost always produce excellent quality food

I do most of this and get normal quality food but now up to 4 stars. I will try the rest. Thanks!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie