Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One big disadvantage of getting laundry in a stuff pack.

So Laundry won. Not my favorite, but I'm sure the fans of it are happy.

My only thought now though, is that won't it be hard to include new washing machines that look different from the ones you'll get in the new pack?

I mean, if Laundry had come as an update, you'd be likely to eventually get new skins for it in either a stuff pack or expansion pack; that give you new looks of the machine. But now that it's in a stuff pack, I doubt they'd ever even give new skins for it in any of the future packs. Since they'd have to put something in, that only those people who bought the original stuff pack, can do anything with. That's not a problem with things like the icecream maker, or the huge tv, but I'd imagine it might end up being an issue with something like a washer or dryer that needs to fit in different kind of homes.

Comments

• IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am sure it will be easy to use custom models for the laundry machines. Usually custom models do not come with problems like gameplay modifications do. (or should I say *sometimes* do)
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    I can see why you're concerned. Having laundry as the "special feature" for this SP would suggest it won't be present in any other pack. However, I think they'll still manage more styles for it. The laundry itself hasn't been finished so who knows how precisely it'll function. They did mention the clothesline and washbasin though which may be considered the true "special feature" and so regular washer/dryers could still be released in different styles/models in future packs.
    6riwm5.png
  • lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I can see why you're concerned. Having laundry as the "special feature" for this SP would suggest it won't be present in any other pack. However, I think they'll still manage more styles for it. The laundry itself hasn't been finished so who knows how precisely it'll function. They did mention the clothesline and washbasin though which may be considered the true "special feature" and so regular washer/dryers could still be released in different styles/models in future packs.

I really hope you are right. :)
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Once the animations are there, modders will do the rest.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Once the animations are there, modders will do the rest.

maybe, I just don't use cc, I barely even use mods as it is, and I'm still hesitant about the ones I do have.
  • VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    @littlemissgogo I can see that. Since we're getting the wash bin and clothesline they could see that as the real special feature and regular laundry as just an added bonus because it's a basic addon. There is also the possibility that even if we don't get more washer and dryers it doesn't mean we won't get other forms of laundry. We could see a washer/dryer combo unit. It's still laundry but not exactly the same. Like SimGuruGraham said they could add in more hot tubs but different kind of hot tubs (ie. In ground)
  • littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    @littlemissgogo I can see that. Since we're getting the wash bin and clothesline they could see that as the real special feature and regular laundry as just an added bonus because it's a basic addon. There is also the possibility that even if we don't get more washer and dryers it doesn't mean we won't get other forms of laundry. We could see a washer/dryer combo unit. It's still laundry but not exactly the same. Like SimGuruGraham said they could add in more hot tubs but different kind of hot tubs (ie. In ground)

Yup, well-said! I think the washbasin and clothesline will likely function uniquely compared to your basic washer/dryer so more regular appliances won't be out of the question. Also a washer/dryer combo unit would be awesome.
    6riwm5.png
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I agree with littlemissgogo. I don't think they will add washers/dryers in future packs anymore if these objects are considered the main gameplay objects of the pack. My guess is that they will only add 2 different models of washers/dryers and then the separate wash basins and clothesline.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • RomzarahRomzarah Posts: 195 Member
    > @liliaeth said:
    > SageRainWillow wrote: »
    >
    > Once the animations are there, modders will do the rest.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > maybe, I just don't use cc, I barely even use mods as it is, and I'm still hesitant about the ones I do have.

I rely heavy on CC.. Maxis makes the base items and animations and creators mod stuff to make the game beautiful.. But if your not used to unzipping, moving files and testing the CC a few items at a time, I can see why CC would scare some from using CC
    Romzarah wrote: »
    > @liliaeth said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > maybe, I just don't use cc, I barely even use mods as it is, and I'm still hesitant about the ones I do have.

I rely heavy on CC.. Maxis makes the base items and animations and creators mod stuff to make the game beautiful.. But if your not used to unzipping, moving files and testing the CC a few items at a time, I can see why CC would scare some from using CC

honestly, for me it's not the unzipping part. It's that quite often, I don't like how the cc looks in my game. I just prefer maxis' own stuff
    Ya.. got that.. That's why I do a few items at a time.. Often the objects look perfect on the web page, but in game they look like something I can't post here.. But if you spend the time, you can find some very outstanding creations..

I used to create so the 1st thing I do when I get a new game is to see if I can improve it with CC.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    Romzarah wrote: »
    > @liliaeth said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

honestly, for me it's not the unzipping part. It's that quite often, I don't like how the cc looks in my game. I just prefer maxis' own stuff

I have well over 7,000 pieces of cc. I made a "Test" folder inside my mods folder. I download a few pieces or a set of CC, and then go into my game and check them out. Anything that doesn't suit my taste gets deleted. Then the good items are filtered into category folders like clothes, hair, walls, or furniture. So if I need to find something again, I'm not wading through 7k files.

Good, clean file management is important.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

> @SageRainWillow said:
    > liliaeth wrote: »
    >
    > Romzarah wrote: »
    >
    > > @liliaeth said:
    > > SageRainWillow wrote: »
    > >
    > > Once the animations are there, modders will do the rest.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > maybe, I just don't use cc, I barely even use mods as it is, and I'm still hesitant about the ones I do have.
    >
    > I rely heavy on CC.. Maxis makes the base items and animations and creators mod stuff to make the game beautiful.. But if your not used to unzipping, moving files and testing the CC a few items at a time, I can see why CC would scare some from using CC
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > honestly, for me it's not the unzipping part. It's that quite often, I don't like how the cc looks in my game. I just prefer maxis' own stuff
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I have well over 7,000 pieces of cc. I made a "Test" folder inside my mods folder. I download a few pieces or a set of CC, and then go into my game and check them out. Anything that doesn't suit my taste gets deleted. Then the good items are filtered into category folders like clothes, hair, walls, or furniture. So if I need to find something again, I'm not wading through 7k files.
    >
    > Good, clean file management is important.

Good idea.. I just did 2 or 3 items at a time to keep track of them.. The test folder would make it possible to do more..
  • JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I agree with littlemissgogo. I don't think they will add washers/dryers in future packs anymore if these objects are considered the main gameplay objects of the pack. My guess is that they will only add 2 different models of washers/dryers and then the separate wash basins and clothesline.

That's kinda what I've been thinking. One pair that's cheap/traditional style and a more expensive/energy efficient pair.
  • FurkeanFurkean Posts: 177 Member
    I never use CC and never thought about that before. Why wouldn't they add new skins with the upcoming packs? They didn't add new skins since Spa Day until Fitness SP plus washers and dryers are much more common in houses than huge TV's or ice cream machines so at some point I believe they will add different styles to it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree once they go went with a stuff pack we wont see washers or dryers again if they added it to another pack what would be the point of buying this there would be none. Just like the 6 seat above ground hot tub from Perfect Patio we will never see another 6 seat above ground hot tub because it would make that pack pointless.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Yep, I'm worried about this too. Probably we'll have to rely on modders to give us different styles.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2017
    Well, once they've got the animations and function all down pat, it's not impossible, just like we get new toilets - it's just that in the eco-life pack, we get something from every part of the spin cycle all at once. And we don't really know what the swatches will look like yet.

Besides, if you don't see them now, how else would you see them?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
    Loanet wrote: »
    Well, once they've got the animations and function all down pat, it's not impossible, just like we get new toilets - it's just that in the eco-life pack, we get something from every part of the spin cycle all at once. And we don't really know what the swatches will look like yet.

Besides, if you don't see them now, how else would you see them?

Except that toilets existed in the basegame, so when they make new toilets, talking or otherwise, they're all based on the original toilets. Whereas there are no washers or dryers in the basegame, and there won't be, since they're part of a stuffpack, rather than brought in as part of an update. It's why the dishwasher had to come as an update, so that it would be part of the basegame, and could return in various forms in other packs.
  • WeofantWeofant Posts: 2 New Member
    So far so good. I love the laundring and hope some modders will get their hands on it
  • howsimlishhowsimlish Posts: 709 Member
    Looks like they're including a 6-seated table in 'Eco Living' according to the newest picture but I'm not sure, that was also an object in Backyard Stuff that they said they'd never come back to. Not to mention the panda suits from Outdoor Retreat being included in City Living. I'm sure we could still get more laundry machines in the future but they'd probably be missing some options or non-functional unless you own the pack.
    howsimlish wrote: »
    Looks like they're including a 6-seated table in 'Eco Living' according to the newest picture but I'm not sure, that was also an object in Backyard Stuff that they said they'd never come back to. Not to mention the panda suits from Outdoor Retreat being included in City Living. I'm sure we could still get more laundry machines in the future but they'd probably be missing some options or non-functional unless you own the pack.

The difference is that people didn't buy outdoor retreat for the bear suits, and they didn't buy backyard stuff for the table. Those packs specific items were respetively the vacation world, and the slide.
    The problem with the laundry pack, is that laundry is 'the item' of the pack, if they put said item in other packs, for a lot of people there'd be no reason to pay money to buy this specific pack.
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    BooDaBoo5 wrote: »
    Yep, I'm worried about this too. Probably we'll have to rely on modders to give us different styles.

And different colour options as EA probably won't add too many colour swatches to choose from, that's where I'll be recolouring them, same as other CC recolourers out there!