Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    Triplis wrote: »
    *breathes sigh of relief* I would have been worried for the state of the forum atmosphere if Laundry hadn't won.

Yes absolutely sunny on here isn't it now that laundry's won :|
    BeJaWa wrote: »
    szMermaid wrote: »
    I like the clothesline, though.

Where did you see this? Just curious because I can't remember seeing it

It was mentioned as one of the objects that could break and be repaired or whatever.

Hmm ok then thank you, that would be odd to fix a clothesline in sims (sim gets out hammer to bang away at something that just needs some string :D ) but cool.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Well, laundry was not my choice at all, but I guess majority rules. In Sims 3 I did give it a chance, but remember how quickly I stopped doing it. If I get this pack and that depends on the other content, I don't think any of my sims will buy anything laundry related.
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I take it by your blank face emoticon that you don't feel the same way about it?
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited June 2017
    Scobre wrote: »
    I voted Off the Grid, but I'm really happy Laundry won especially for @friendlysimmers. I know she has wanted laundry as much as I wanted toddlers. I mean whenever I heard laundry suggested, I always thought of her. So congrats for never giving up on wanting the feature and seeing it come about in the future. Another poll completed by the community. :)

friendlysimmers is a he. A guy in his mid forties.
    Oh sorry for messing up on the gender, but yeah I'm not going to judge him for getting a feature he wants especially coming from fighting tooth and nail for getting toddlers and other family features in the game. Everyone deserves to get something they enjoy in the Sims 4 regardless of who they are. I wanted laundry and the composter too, so it was a tough survey to take. I told Graham "Why did you have to make it so tough to decide?" Part of our requests as fellow family players is being empathetic that others get their requests achieved too. By the end of the day we are a Sims community and I like talking with you both. Anyway, I hope you get another feature you enjoy in the Sims 4 and have a lovely day.
    Post edited by Scobre on
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    *breathes sigh of relief* I would have been worried for the state of the forum atmosphere if Laundry hadn't won.

I like the clothesline, though.

Where did you see this? Just curious because I can't remember seeing it

It was mentioned as one of the objects that could break and be repaired or whatever.

Hmm ok then thank you, that would be odd to fix a clothesline in sims (sim gets out hammer to bang away at something that just needs some string :D ) but cool.

haha :D
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
    I take it by your blank face emoticon that you don't feel the same way about it?

Oh there are people on here throwing shade as on person said, I think there is just as many miffed and dissapointed people as there would have been with laundry losing. At least I have seen some posts that have a less than lovely atmosphere to them.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2017
    I like that laundry won <3
    Would have been weird to have all this laundry related decor stuff that you guys voted to be in this pack and now there would be no laundry lol
    a256aFi.gif
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I voted Off the Grid, but I'm really happy Laundry won especially for @friendlysimmers. I know she has wanted laundry as much as I wanted toddlers. I mean whenever I heard laundry suggested, I always thought of her. So congrats for never giving up on wanting the feature and seeing it come about in the future. Another poll completed by the community. :)

friendlysimmers is a he. A guy in his mid forties.
    But yay at least he doesn't have to follow through with his threats to complain incessantly until he got what he wants.
    Oh sorry for messing up on the gender, but yeah I'm not going to judge him for getting a feature he wants especially coming from fighting tooth and nail for getting toddlers and other family features in the game. Everyone deserves to get something they enjoy in the Sims 4 regardless of who they are. I wanted laundry and the composter too, so it was a tough survey to take. I told Graham "Why did you have to make it so tough to decide?" Part of our requests as fellow family players is being empathetic that others get their requests achieved too. By the end of the day we are a Sims community and I like talking with you both. Anyway, I hope you get another feature you enjoy in the Sims 4 and have a lovely day.

I've had that feeling with both laundry and canning. At least I have one thing crossed off my wishlist now. (And toddlers were something I didn't know I needed until I saw how amazing they made them!)
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Hello Simmers! Let's get right to it...

Laundry is the winning group of gameplay features that we'll create for this upcoming Stuff Pack, after capturing the most votes from this community! In fact, when we examined the outcome across the different regions that voted, the results were almost entirely aligned. Nearly everyone voted for the options in the following order...
    1. Laundry
    2. Off the Grid
    3. Food Preserves
    4. Carbon Conscious

The only exception to this result came from players in Russia, where Food Preserves swapped places with Off the Grid by a slim margin.

With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Ironing Boards. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.

You also have two more votes to look forward to, now with concrete dates on when they will occur. The Pack Icon Vote will start on September 6th, followed by the Pack Title Vote starting September 13th, where we will select the final name for this Stuff Pack.

In the meantime, watch for more in-depth looks into game development right here on this forum. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing more art, showing off the hairstyles that will come with this pack, discussing the process we follow internally to get from the initial brainstorm to the feature groups you voted on, and more!

can we please make laundry meaningful and not just an animation like the sims 3 . It was great and all but I need a reason for my sims to do laundry, like they have nothing to wear or there cloths get smelly and dirty. PLEASE can we have a washer and dryer with coin inserts so I can make a laundry mat for my sims that cant afford the machines.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member

Oh there are people on here throwing shade as on person said, I think there is just as many miffed and dissapointed people as there would have been with laundry losing. At least I have seen some posts that have a less than lovely atmosphere to them.

My whole life has a less than lovely atmosphere to it :D
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    just because a certain feature won do not mean the other ideas that where in the poll where abandon i am sure they have been saved for future expansion packs gamepacks or sp so do not lose hope
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    [/quote]can we please make laundry meaningful and not just an animation like the sims 3 . It was great and all but I need a reason for my sims to do laundry, like they have nothing to wear or there cloths get smelly and dirty. PLEASE can we have a washer and dryer with coin inserts so I can make a laundry mat for my sims that cant afford the machines. [/quote]

See, this would make me buy the pack. Laundry wasn't my first choice because it had no point. Give it a point, and I'd feel less cheated out of something that had more potential.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif

Probably because of all the pollution we are throwing into the air. It tends to wreak our atmosphere, good thing our sims don't have to worry about their atmosphere cause laundry isn't going to be helping it :D (Sorry too good of a lead in to refuse ;) )
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Meh. Sticking with my CC machines that require no actual interaction. This will be the pack I'll wait to be on sale before purchase because I really only want the BB stuff in this one, even the clothes are a snooze. Congrats to the winners, but I'm peace out on this now.
    can we please make laundry meaningful and not just an animation like the sims 3 . It was great and all but I need a reason for my sims to do laundry, like they have nothing to wear or there cloths get smelly and dirty. PLEASE can we have a washer and dryer with coin inserts so I can make a laundry mat for my sims that cant afford the machines. [/quote]

See, this would make me buy the pack. Laundry wasn't my first choice because it had no point. Give it a point, and I'd feel less cheated out of something that had more potential.
    [/quote]

See, this is why I think laundry should have been in a game pack. Because then they could take a look at updating the clothing system to make it more realistic too. I have no desire to pay $10 for a moodlet.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World

Probably because of all the pollution we are throwing into the air. It tends to wreak our atmosphere, good thing our sims don't have to worry about their atmosphere cause laundry isn't going to be helping it :D (Sorry too good of a lead in to refuse ;) )

Aaaahahahahaha and my day has been made for a second time today
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B60rPgwY1Gw
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller

*Hugs* <3
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • IgneousGeldingIgneousGelding Posts: 393 Member
    [quote="somethingstellar;c-15860714"][quote="IgneousGelding;c-15860708"]

[/quote]can we please make laundry meaningful and not just an animation like the sims 3 . It was great and all but I need a reason for my sims to do laundry, like they have nothing to wear or there cloths get smelly and dirty. PLEASE can we have a washer and dryer with coin inserts so I can make a laundry mat for my sims that cant afford the machines. [/quote]

[/quote]

See, this is why I think laundry should have been in a game pack. Because then they could take a look at updating the clothing system to make it more realistic too. I have no desire to pay $10 for a moodlet.[/quote]

That is exactly my problem with this. We're buying tense and happy moodlets. With it In a stuff pack, the team has to do less work, but they're still getting $10 bucks per purchase of something that will probably be only slightly better than cc.
    Origin ID: graple2001
    I build things and sometimes share them. I'm not hogging, I'm just slow. I've recently wiped my gallery, so there might not be stuff up for a while.tumblr_nabmnaWdl21s7ujplo1_500.gif

I've had that feeling with both laundry and canning. At least I have one thing crossed off my wishlist now. (And toddlers were something I didn't know I needed until I saw how amazing they made them!)
    Yeah there were so many amazing ideas shared. I could see canning being made with a season pack maybe or a farm pack. I hope you get it someday and I know. They are my favorite toddlers in all the iterations now. I just wonder if a clothes line will be included too?

*Hugs* <3

Awwww *hugs* <3
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    just because a certain feature won do not mean the other ideas that where in the poll where abandon i am sure they have been saved for future expansion packs gamepacks or sp so do not lose hope

very cool what u said, but I really dont believe on this.. The one I was sure that would be added on the game anyway, even if it had lost.. was laundry.. But I hope it can be true
    xyIcMqt.png

My only request, is I want mischief options for the washer. I want it to break and be able to set it on fire if a Sim chooses. Kind of like these videos.

Ok, if I can set them on fire I might be game.
    -Cars Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World
    edited June 2017

Ok, if I can set them on fire I might be game.

Or put a brick in them have you guys ever seen what happens when you put a brick in a washing machine >:):D
  • TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member

Ah. Well I meant more in the long-term. I don't think disappointment was going to be something that would be realistically avoided with any result. But the persistent level of desire for any other theme is probably not going to be pushed by zealous patrons in quite the same way. So I'm glad the most passionately desired theme got its chance to shine out in the hot sun, while a washing machine hums inside... or something. I'm not sure if I'm writing serious commentary or merging into a fiction story at this point.

He said, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his forehead. His head had been hurting for a while now and the pain reliever wasn't helping. He knew he needed to take a break from the angrily bright monitor, but he wanted one more click. One more page. Just one more.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top