Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack gameplay feature vote results!

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg I totally understand - it was a joke. (And the joke was about squeezing the ironing boards into the design/development budget.)

Ah ha. Well then it will give some visuals and explanations for those who do not get the complexities of thinking it's in real life-then it can easily be in the sims. I did not take that as a joke though as I see people saying like replies quite like that a lot in the sims over the last 18 years. Only they seriously believed it was easily done. Quite like the ones that think we can take programming from other Sim games and just use it in this one.

I used to think they can't be seriously believing that was possible- when come to find out they did believe that. So you just never know any more.

It's totally a great post :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ZoaeaZoaea Posts: 79 Member
    ._. Washing clothes is a huge waste of water and consumes a lot of energy. No offense but the stuff pack needs a new name. It's kinda like if the fitness packs game feature was an ice cream parlor instead of a rock wall tbh. Not that I don't like the laundry idea, just not very appropriate for the name (so let's adjust the name no?)

Anyway, more chores wooo, let's rename it to home and country or something that fits rustic furniture and laundry.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    Zoaea - I agree - this is no longer an eco friendly themed pack the minute they added laundry..

Actually the furnishings and decor is all about natural fibers - not rustic-ness. LOL. Natural fibers do not pollute the air you breath like chemically made furniture and fabrics can like un-natural furniture can or plastics etc. It's about furniture that breathes and does not pollute. But you are very right about the laundry machine - even though people think a five star energy rated machine is ego - friendly - there is really nothing about machinery that uses fossile fuels and wastes water that we real eco-friendly people will ever see as eco friendly - so when they toss out 3 very much ego friendly choices for a laundry machine - this is no longer an ego friendly pack - and none of the stuff thus far added to the pack make sense nor is the pack in any way or manner considered eco friendly any more. People deceive themselves when they convince themselves it is - they are not.

This is no longer an eco friendly pack and that THEME needs to be freed from being tied to this pack so there might be a chance in the future we can actually get a TRUE eco friendly pack.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    Why was laundry even a gameplay feature option? What does that have to do with the theme? It's fanservice. There's a large, but niche group of players who are very vocal online and want to raise families of 16 toddlers and do digital laundry. So what do we have now? A SP about toddler stuff, and a SP about laundry. I told my husband, who doesn't play and for the most part doesn't care, about this vote and his first response was "but wasn't Laundry a joke option? what were they thinking?" -- right?! Not cool, bros. Not cool.

I'm left looking at the game cases from the Sims 3 that adorn my desk hutch and thinking: the TS3 releases offered so much more balance and variety. They weren't all winners, but it was okay because they were at least different. It's no wonder I kept forking over money.

Here's my quasi-analytical rant...
    Let's look at TS4 content in comparison (North American release dates)...

GP: Outdoor Retreat 1/13/15
    EP: Get to Work 3/31/15
    SP: Luxury Party Stuff 5/19/15
    SP: Perfect Patio Stuff 6/16/15
    GP: Spa Day 7/14/15
    SP: Cool Kitchen Stuff 8/11/15
    SP: Spooky Stuff 9/29/15
    EP: Get Together 12/8/15

So after a year (and a bit, since the base game came out the previous fall), we had 1) tons of new content available, and 2) multiple different approaches to content theming and game play. Vacations, professions, parties, outdoor living, wellness, cooking, holidays, clubs... It was a good year. Let's look at the next year:

SP: Movie Hangout Stuff 1/12/16
    SP: Romantic Garden Stuff 2/9/16
    GP: Dine Out 6/7/16
    SP: Kids Room Stuff 6/28/16
    SP: Backyard Stuff 7/19/16
    EP: City Living 11/3/16
    SP: Vintage Glamour Stuff 12/6/16

So... fewer releases, but that's okay. However, I'd argue that, while the GP and EP offerings were strong, the SPs left a lot to be desired. And, to boot, Backyard Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, and Vintage Glamour were all reminiscent of packs from the previous year (not the same, I know, but not different enough to justify release within a year of each other).

And that brings us to 2017, in which the only significant content to be released provided us with Vampires (which are cool, don't get me wrong).

GP: Vampires 1/24/17
    SP: Bowling Night Stuff 3/29/17
    GP: Parenthood 5/30/17
    SP: Fitness Stuff 6/20/17
    Anticipated:
    SP: Laundry Junk (pardon my bias)
    SP: Toddler Something or Other

---
    Big changes to the game thus far, approximately three years in & via paid expansion content, have included camping vacations, restaurateur-ing, clubs, apartments & lot traits, vampirism, festivals, and... I guess... influencing your offsprings' emotional development?

By this time, approximately three years in & via paid expansion content in TS3, we had...

EP: World Adventures - three vacation venues and tomb-raider/exploration gameplay (three new worlds, ish)
    EP: Ambitions - eight or so new professions with new gameplay associated with some of them (new world)
    EP: Late Night - apartments, celebrities, vampires, bands (new world)
    EP: Generations - family and relationship gameplay, memories, cloning (weird, but cool), SPIRAL FREAKING STAIRS
    EP: Pets - ...pets. and unicorns. (new world)

and...

SP: High-End Loft Stuff
    SP: Fast Lane Stuff
    SP: Outdoor Living Stuff
    SP: Town Life Stuff

Then, of course, there was the advent of the TS3 store to supplement with additional worlds and items, beginning in 2009.

... so why, if TS3 had fewer content releases in its first three years did it feel like a more fulfilling game experience than TS4?
    Because, if you look at the EPs, they're hardcore. They have TONS of new content to explore, gameplay and items, and new worlds to boot. They offer a wider breadth, in my opinion, of content and thus appeal to a wider audience. They are not attempting to make up for content not originally included in the game; they're ADDing to the existing world. And I don't know one way or the other, but I would imagine there was a better plan for how to release content than what EA's working with right now. I feel like things are being released willy-nilly. And if *I*, fairly casual player and rare visitor of the forum community, feel that way, I can only imagine what things feel like for the developers.

All that to say... I want y'all to make a plan and stick to it. I have no doubt there's a vision for where TS4 is going, and I'm with you guys, wherever your creative and technical visions take us. But I hope that the caliber of thought involved in the development of TS4 content will be comparable to that of TS3.
  • jedipwncesjedipwnces Posts: 85 Member
    Jess83 wrote: »
    What the ?. Why, oh why do people want laundry?! It isn't that fun. I want off-grid/more trades, like nectar, or canning etc. Sad day for me

Yaaaaasssssssss. I don't particularly like doing it in real life... why would I want to do it in my game?! The other options were so cool. I would've been happy with any of them, honestly. #baffled
  • Blue_Topaz_NinjaBlue_Topaz_Ninja Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about a stuff pack. Laundry? REALLY? There were so many cool ideas, and the community chose something that should already be a default feature in the game. All it is going to do is make life in the Sims harder and frustrating. This is not enough to do a stuff pack with. It will get so boring so fast. I love the items and clothes, but I don't think that will be enough for me to buy it.
  • szMermaidszMermaid Posts: 254 Member
    I don't think I've ever been so disappointed about a stuff pack. Laundry? REALLY? There were so many cool ideas, and the community chose something that should already be a default feature in the game. All it is going to do is make life in the Sims harder and frustrating. This is not enough to do a stuff pack with. It will get so boring so fast. I love the items and clothes, but I don't think that will be enough for me to buy it.

Hello! :) Would u like to sign the petition to have the other 3 options to be made into a GP or EP? We have 345 signatures so far. The link is here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-345-signatures/p1
    xyIcMqt.png

If you would like to see Off-The-Grid, Canning/Preserving, and Freegan/Carbon Conscious be made in to a Game Pack or EP, sign the petition!: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/921310/off-the-grid-gamepack-petition-374-signatures/p1?new=1
  • Sn0wf1ake9Sn0wf1ake9 Posts: 12 New Member
    I'm gonna be blunt: the whole laundry and eco furniture and clothes pack kinda reminds me of the Boho Movie pack. Now, this isn't to say that I didn't like either of the two main ideas. Nice clothes and furniture, popcorn and big screen tvs. Plus the movies. However, as much as I liked these two things, I find myself agreeing with Lazy Game Reviews on his take on that stuff pack: both were nice, but there just didn't seem to be anything tying those two ideas together in that pack. It's okay if you like laundry stuff, but I just don't know what that has to do with Eco-stuff, compared to the other options or blurbs.
  • JumpingTrainsJumpingTrains Posts: 442 Member
    From a feature that was so minimal that it wasn't even in the trailer of the pack that originally introduced laundry to the Sims, back in TS3, because it was so minimal and that pack had so much else to offer... to the main feature of a pack.

The devolution is real.

Still sad so many people were biased towards laundry without even considering the other options. Hope there will never be another vote ever again.
  • sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    This is about impatient people given a chance to vote on something that would have appeared sooner or later. A gameplay feature that right from the start will be optional because they already know it's a chore, not something to look forward to. I know that people want the "magic" of the previous series, but things like this is holding back innovation and moving the game towards new directions.
  • NinnsterNinnster Posts: 1,215 Member
    So... wait.

For the first time ever the community is given a chance to help design a pack, and yet, we complain? The community is vast and opinions will differ. To decide we get to vote, and regrettably not everyone will be pleased, but why then spend so much time complaining about it?

For those who does not fathom why Laundry was chosen as a feature.. well, do you really think it's that odd?

The sims is a game created to simulate life. Laundry, although boring, is an important part of that. It adds to the realism. Just like driving cars, having pets and changing seasons. We still don't have any of that by the way. Saying we most definitely would see this feature anyway down the line is also pointless.. what is that based on? People have asked for Seasons and Pets since Sims 4 came out, yet we are still waiting for it?

Keep in mind we all play the game for different reasons. Some like to build. Some like to play as close to real life as possible. The community has spoken, and as part of that community we should all respect that. In the end we all choose whether or not we want to buy it :)
    OriginID: Ninnster

My Sims 4 Twitter
    My Sims 4 Showcase
    My Sims 4 Gallery

#EAGameChanger

"Creativity is intelligence having fun"
  • EvaAngel2017EvaAngel2017 Posts: 15 Member
    > @Laebeth said:
    > So... wait.
    >
    > For the first time ever the community is given a chance to help design a pack, and yet, we complain? The community is vast and opinions will differ. To decide we get to vote, and regrettably not everyone will be pleased, but why then spend so much time complaining about it?
    >
    > For those who does not fathom why Laundry was chosen as a feature.. well, do you really think it's that odd?
    >
    > The sims is a game created to simulate life. Laundry, although boring, is an important part of that. It adds to the realism. Just like driving cars, having pets and changing seasons. We still don't have any of that by the way. Saying we most definitely would see this feature anyway down the line is also pointless.. what is that based on? People have asked for Seasons and Pets since Sims 4 came out, yet we are still waiting for it?
    >
    > Keep in mind we all play the game for different reasons. Some like to build. Some like to play as close to real life as possible. The community has spoken, and as part of that community we should all respect that. In the end we all choose whether or not we want to buy it :)

Не думаю что есть люди которые против стирки. Деле не в том, что многим не нравиться это делать. Дело в том, что стирку можно было выпустить с пакетом " Родители" Стирка к экологии ни как не относится. Стирка это второстепенная нагрузка игры, главной нагрузкой она не является. Стирка - это быт! А быт не может выполнять главную задачу и заинтересовать геймера на долгое время.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2017
    > @Laebeth said:
    > So... wait.
    >
    > For the first time ever the community is given a chance to help design a pack, and yet, we complain? The community is vast and opinions will differ. To decide we get to vote, and regrettably not everyone will be pleased, but why then spend so much time complaining about it?
    >
    > For those who does not fathom why Laundry was chosen as a feature.. well, do you really think it's that odd?
    >
    > The sims is a game created to simulate life. Laundry, although boring, is an important part of that. It adds to the realism. Just like driving cars, having pets and changing seasons. We still don't have any of that by the way. Saying we most definitely would see this feature anyway down the line is also pointless.. what is that based on? People have asked for Seasons and Pets since Sims 4 came out, yet we are still waiting for it?
    >
    > Keep in mind we all play the game for different reasons. Some like to build. Some like to play as close to real life as possible. The community has spoken, and as part of that community we should all respect that. In the end we all choose whether or not we want to buy it :)

Не думаю что есть люди которые против стирки. Деле не в том, что многим не нравиться это делать. Дело в том, что стирку можно было выпустить с пакетом " Родители" Стирка к экологии ни как не относится. Стирка это второстепенная нагрузка игры, главной нагрузкой она не является. Стирка - это быт! А быт не может выполнять главную задачу и заинтересовать геймера на долгое время.

Exactly, EvaAngel! Very much agree - it should have been in Parenthood pack and not in an Eco - Friendly pack.

It would have been like the KIds Stuff pack if they made the main play feature - the Computer for kids - as a computer only adults could use. That is how odd them putting laundry machines in an Eco friendly pack is to those of us that truly care about a Eco friendly world. You would think in a game they would want to reflect and teach - what humans should be doing - not choose an idea that is so far off the Eco - friendly grid as washers are, if they are not also including Eco friendly ways to provide water and power. No instead they put the power grid and water pumps up against the machines. This is just ludicrous in my view.

So for me - I am just done with this pack. They took a great idea and just turned it to mush. Not voting on anything else to do with this. So done with this.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• retr0retr0 Posts: 3 New Member
    🐸🐸🐸🐸 it i just hope for car....
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Laebeth wrote: »
    So... wait.

For the first time ever the community is given a chance to help design a pack, and yet, we complain? The community is vast and opinions will differ. To decide we get to vote, and regrettably not everyone will be pleased, but why then spend so much time complaining about it?

For those who does not fathom why Laundry was chosen as a feature.. well, do you really think it's that odd?

The sims is a game created to simulate life. Laundry, although boring, is an important part of that. It adds to the realism. Just like driving cars, having pets and changing seasons. We still don't have any of that by the way. Saying we most definitely would see this feature anyway down the line is also pointless.. what is that based on? People have asked for Seasons and Pets since Sims 4 came out, yet we are still waiting for it?

Keep in mind we all play the game for different reasons. Some like to build. Some like to play as close to real life as possible. The community has spoken, and as part of that community we should all respect that. In the end we all choose whether or not we want to buy it :)

If you don't like it, don't read it.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • crua9crua9 Posts: 43 Member
    > @SimGuruGraham said:
    > Hello Simmers! Let's get right to it...
    >
    > Laundry is the winning group of gameplay features that we'll create for this upcoming Stuff Pack, after capturing the most votes from this community! In fact, when we examined the outcome across the different regions that voted, the results were almost entirely aligned. Nearly everyone voted for the options in the following order...
    >
    > * Laundry
    > * Off the Grid
    > * Food Preserves
    > * Carbon Conscious
    >
    >
    > The only exception to this result came from players in Russia, where Food Preserves swapped places with Off the Grid by a slim margin.
    >
    > With these results in hand, we have a clear path forward for this pack. In the coming weeks our Stuff Pack designer will get to work writing full designs for Washers, Dryers, Clotheslines, Wash Tubs, and Hampers. I'm looking forward to sharing those full designs with you, so that we can collaborate on the little details which are so important to creating a fun - and full - Sims experience.
    >
    > You also have two more votes to look forward to, now with concrete dates on when they will occur. The Pack Icon Vote will start on September 6th, followed by the Pack Title Vote starting September 13th, where we will select the final name for this Stuff Pack.
    >
    > In the meantime, watch for more in-depth looks into game development right here on this forum. In the coming weeks I'll be sharing more art, showing off the hairstyles that will come with this pack, discussing the process we follow internally to get from the initial brainstorm to the feature groups you voted on, and more!
    >
    >
    > Edit: To help clarify the edit to this post... This message originally mentioned Ironing Boards, and mistakenly excluded Hampers. I've edited the original post to better represent what's coming in this pack. Our first priority is to deliver the features that were mentioned in the Feature Vote survey. While we're interested in including Ironing Boards, it remains to be seen if they'll fit in the pack.

This is the perfect time to bring back the laundromats
  • leashahamptonleashahampton Posts: 312 Member
    > @crua9 said:

>
    > This is the perfect time to bring back the laundromats

^^^ That would be cool!

I'm happy laundry won, although i feel it should just be added into the game, like toddlers was. I did like the other ideas that were options aswel, it was a hard choice
    rzsH227.png
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    just because a certain feature won do not mean the other ideas that where in the poll where abandon i am sure they have been saved for future expansion packs gamepacks or sp so do not lose hope

I agree. I really liked the sound of all the ideas, but I did choose laundry because I have really wanted it since the parenthood game pack. I've been desperate for more home life game-play.
    HSau :)
  • allenaltlaallenaltla Posts: 14 New Member
    i want to know who is making the game pack cuz the simguru shouldnt be handing out the vote survey that shoyld be maxis or ea to decide because they are making the game not the simsguru
  • JulianneALeeJulianneALee Posts: 109 Member
    Full Off the Grid game pack. Or expansion. Post-apocalypse survival. Rubble and rags. That would be worth waiting for.
    Julianne Lee
    Simmer since 2001
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I'm looking forward to having laundry in my Sims 4 game, even though laundry is far from my favorite domestic chore. Speaking of which, my husband now usually does the laundry because he insists on having only ONE laundry basket in the house, and I'm not quite strong enough to carry both his clothes and my clothes worn that week in one hamper all the way to the garage. (I would be happy to help with laundry if he would let me get multiple laundry baskets.)
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Oh my... laundry won? I was looking forward to off the grid thing. That was something which could actually create a difference in gameplay, actually add something to the game. sigh
    What a boring community we must be to choose a house chore for fun LOL
    I would think why would anyone want to have their sim's never-getting-dirty-clothes washed. Apperantly many sims players would... İnteresting.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    edited August 2017
    @SimGuruGraham I was looking at the CL concept art picture on Sims VIP. Not a good idea to put electrical goods and their points next to taps/sinks. I suppose you could make it another way of killing a Sim though?
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Thank you, SimGuruGraham! Very happy with Laundry being the choice! And, thank you to whomever made the decision to allow the players to have some real input. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Still sad that in an Eco friendly pack we are getting a laundry chore rather than something actually eco friendly, but I'm happy those who wanted chores get to have them. Congrats all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top