Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Recycling or off the grid, but laundry, no please

Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
I much rather get stuff packs that give us something besides laundry not giving us anything but higher bills.

Here is why I would prefer the carbon whatever its called and off the grid whatever it is called, because I am pretty sure those will give good positive moodlets and give money or perhaps lower or eliminate the monthly bills, depending on if you have the off the grid lot trait on, or make a little cash by sorting recyclable in trash cans. Also a little option for that one is to bring a recycling thing and man it at the festivals, see how many people will actually give you there trash instead of throwing it away. Maybe a aspiration could be made for that, like the grilled cheese something that is unlocked by recycling instead of throwing stuff in the trash.

Also, I don't really care much about the cannery and jarring stuff because it will give unique moodlets of its own but actually quite limited to the home lot. If that one does get picked please bring back life fruit, because sometimes you just want to drop the sims age down by maybe just one or two days. Life fruit should be grafted with cowberry and growfruit.

Now with the off the grid pack, I think this would be very beneficial because it will significantly reduce or remove the bills completely if off the grid. Some of the items I would like to see is not so much a lot trait for off the grid, but an electrical box that will sometimes fail from time to time and a generator. The electrical box should be the way you switch to off the grid or on the grid and the lot trait should be unrealizable power, this will give us more benefits than just using the off the grid lot trait. The items like Sun roofs and windmill and water pmps should also help the non off the grid lots by reducing the bills.
Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."

Comments

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    for one thing laundry for some player is a highly demanded in the game and if you do not went higher bills in the game its simple just use a mod like the mc mod and disable bills
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    for one thing laundry for some player is a highly demanded in the game and if you do not went higher bills in the game its simple just use a mod like the mc mod and disable bills

Here lets look at the negative moodlets with laundry Dirty cloths making sims tense, overflowing hampers give a tense moodlet, an emassment moodlet if you have friends over unless they are slobs than the laundry piles give a plus moodlet, and no embarrassed moodlet for overflowing heaper. Washing cloth should increase responsibility. Sabatoshing the washer or dryer could give sims a random negative moodlet, and decrease responsibility. Neat sims would get a higher tense moodlet or embarred moodlet if clothing is on the floor or overflowing hamper.

Sid1701D9 wrote: »

Here lets look at the negative moodlets with laundry Dirty cloths making sims tense, overflowing hampers give a tense moodlet, an emassment moodlet if you have friends over unless they are slobs than the laundry piles give a plus moodlet, and no embarrassed moodlet for overflowing heaper. Washing cloth should increase responsibility. Sabatoshing the washer or dryer could give sims a random negative moodlet, and decrease responsibility. Neat sims would get a higher tense moodlet or embarred moodlet if clothing is on the floor or overflowing hamper.

there is nothing wrong there if you do not went a feature like laundry then you always have the option to skip the sp i went laundry for the reason 1 it makes my sim homes more complete and 2 it also give my sim something to do like housework.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

• BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    I chose laundry. :P I like that they added both the usual washer/dryer as well as the wash tub/clothesline. I enjoy the choice. :)

I actually hope the other three are made into a game pack together. It would be amazing!
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    I think laundry just doesn't suit this SP. It's eco living. I do laundry as a normal household chore in real life but that doesn't mean I'm eco-living.

I'm pretty sure they would add laundry in some other pack, probably an EP, as there's more options to add gameplay objects.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    In reality, all of these categories (and all aspects from each one) should be in an eco pack. Yes laundry is the least suitable, but with the wash tub and clothes line you can at least have something from this pack that you can use in your non-eco-friendly households. :)
    I chose the Food Preservation <3 because it offers by far the most gameplay options! Recycling, while suitable to this pack, just sounds boring in terms of gameplay. I wish all 4 categories could be fit into the pack. The environment is an important enough topic to warrant all for gameplay categories! ;)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member

Not everyone wants to use mods and just because laundry is something I and others want does not mean it necessarily fits with this packs theme.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Good for you. I voted laundry.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member

there is nothing wrong there if you do not went a feature like laundry then you always have the option to skip the sp i went laundry for the reason 1 it makes my sim homes more complete and 2 it also give my sim something to do like housework.

Well what will you do if laundry doesn't win?

Well what will you do if laundry doesn't win?

complain until it is added

• Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited June 2017
    Well, I think laundry should come with On Campus, everyone is so convinced that Pets is going to be the next EP, what happens if they are wrong, what is the true indication of when a pack is being released, what if two EP have been made a way long time ago and just awaiting the final development stage. So if a Stuff pack takes almost 11 month to plan, well this one will be longer because it was a community project, than it sits their and waits for a release date, once it has that title and rating filing, the release date or launch date depends on other EA games too, because EA won't launch two games at the same time. So just think of how long it takes Game Packs and Expansion packs, the reason why the choose stuff packs is because they wanted us to learn about how long it takes them to make packs and the Stuff pack was the only thing that wouldn't make the process seem so boring.

It really is a boring process as all they do is work on one game all day testing models staring at 5 different monitors the only excitement is when the game is being compiled or put together does the process become less boring.

Now I understand why the left toddlers out until recently is because they did not want to put TS3 version of toddlers into the game. Now we as a community get a chance to kick something out or put something in. If laundry is not chosen, I do not want to see what happened with toddlers threads on the page as this pack we have the responsibility of being how do they put it honorary producers, and it was a tough call but I think they did the right thing by holding toddlers back.

• SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    I really like the food preserving one, because I can think of a few things to do with nectar making. But for this SP, the Eco Living SP, I think carbon conscious or off the grid will be the best choices. They fit with the theme, the best.
    And. . .
    It will make playing homeless/runaway sims or an Apocalypse much more interesting. I want to do an apocalypse challenge so bad, but the game as it is right now, just isn't set up for one. It just wouldn't feel right. Yes I know we don't have zombies or something like em yet. But, if we ever do get zombies, then think of how much cooler the challenege would be with the off the grid or carbon conscious items added. I haven't voted yet, but my choice will be between those two.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    I do have to agree that the laundry doesn't really fit with the theme of the pack, except the last few options like the clothes line. Buuuuut....it's laundry. I want it. And it's optional with new features!

The other options sound great too though! I can just imagine building a woods lot for an outdoorsy person that completely relies on all these options. Honestly, it's a shame that they won't just make an "Off the Grid" EP and add in all of these options. An SP just doesn't do this theme justice. I want to be able to wash my clothes in a tub while living off the grid!

If the off the grid or laundry wins (preferably laundry), I'll be happy either way as it adds new gameplay and challenges. Not really okay with the recycling and canning though....they don't sound very interesting compared to the other two. If we ever get a farm SP/GP/EP, the canning and nectar making needs to go in that, not this.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Honestly, laundry is the only one of the bunch that would fit in to an SP. It's simple and repetitive and niche.

The others deserve to be combined and expanded on in a GP. They need more depth where laundry is just laundry and is basically nothing.

So I really hope we get the other ideas expanded in to really great game play. I feel they would be shorted in an SP.
  • ParaleeParalee Posts: 1,166 Member
    > @fullspiral said:
    > Honestly, laundry is the only one of the bunch that would fit in to an SP. It's simple and repetitive and niche.
    >
    > The others deserve to be combined and expanded on in a GP. They need more depth where laundry is just laundry and is basically nothing.
    >
    > So I really hope we get the other ideas expanded in to really great game play. I feel they would be shorted in an SP.

I hope the other ideas received enough excitement that they'll just put them in a similarly themed GP. I don't get why the washing machines weren't in parenthood, personally. What else screams parenthood other than laundry? Cleaning up after them is half the reason I don't want actual spawn of my own until I have a butler to deal with the boring stuff lmao
    My speculations on hints for future content:
    -Cars Update
    -Spiral/Diagonal Stairs Update
    -Hotel Pack
    -Romance Pack (possibly combined with Hotel Pack)
    -Bands Pack
    -Royalty Pack
    -Fashion Design Pack
    -Fairies Pack
    -Werewolf Pack
    -France-inspired World