Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please fix this mess of a game

Comments

• TravisBlackfoxTravisBlackfox Posts: 553 Member
    lmao i second this. sims games aren't usually this broken, but i have noticed SO many bugs and glitches in sims 4. the one where sims just stand around doing nothing while in the middle of a task (e.g. standing there in front of the fridge for 10 minutes before taking food out) is so annoying. hope they fix it soon

I've had it recently now with pets where I tell a Sim to give whatever pet the attention they need IE go potty and the poor animal runs around whining and whatever while my Sim stands there like a doof and the command doesn't drop down. Now the poor pet peed on the floor and my Sim STILL is standing there. Uncool :P The other bad thing I'm noticing is my Sims sudden obsession with the bar. They'll make drink after drink and sometimes even walk around with two in their hands drinking from both, even taking the glasses into the bathroom while they use the toilet. That is either a glitch or my one guy is turning into a lush haha
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    Whenever I create my family on sims 4 it won't let me move them in anywhere. :/ but i can make another family and that's all i can do at the moment :( I was hoping after i finished creating my sims i can finally start playing but it won't let me play fully.when i create my sims they seem to disappear after i click the checkmark. unless I just don't know how to play the game (I really don't) but it seems so easy and it doesn't look like i'm doing anything wrong.

When you click to accept the family, does it then ask you to accept the family to move it in?
    I just moved out my game folders to check what it is meant to do so you can check whether you have a problem with your installation.

In my game, it goes right to CAS, after creating a sim and selecting the tick/check mark, it gives me a white popup about moving the family in. Clicking the tick/check mark on this screen takes me to the white screen with all the neighbourhoods visible. There is an image of my sim in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Selecting a neighbourhood then gives me the option to move the sim into a house. If you then click on a house that is in your sim's budget range (probably about 20,000) the image of the family does disappear, but you should get a moving van image on the bottom right corner. If you click on that then it asks you to confirm moving in your sims. If you agree to that it should take you to the house where your sims are now moved in. It only automatically loads the house on your first play in a game, I think - otherwise it just moves them in.

If any of those steps are missing in your game, then I suggest repairing it in Origin via the settings tab to see if that fixes it.
    In my game, I can also load the library or gallery via the images at the top right of the screen, so it may be possible to download a family if you are having problems creating your own at this point. Your created families should also be saved in here as well.

Going back to the bugs issue - there are a lot of bugs. I don't think this game is more buggy than previous iterations, but it has some issues. I have seen the standing around issue, but I have more issue with needs not being met when on self care. That's pretty annoying.

I do wonder how much damage mods and cc do to a game though by being there during play. I know not everyone in this thread uses them, but I feel like when people say they have x problem and they've removed the mods etc, but still have the problem, it doesn't automatically mean that the game has created the problem. Playing with mods is outside the normal programming, so the way the game runs is likely to have been influenced by them. I think there's a difference between never playing with CC and mods and in playing with mods and then removing them and still having the issue.

Of course, not all bugs are caused by mods. But I think it becomes harder for EA to deal with actual game bugs when so many people have bugs caused by mods and CC. It gets frustrating for me being that I don't play with mods and CC, but whenever I report an issue the first advice is to remove mods and CC. I don't have a problem with mods in the game, I used to use them for TS2 a lot - but there has to be an acceptance that if you play with them, chances are your game might be bugged by them. And EA need to know what bugs their game coding has caused, rather than wading through a lot of bugs created by CC and mods to find the ones that exist in their game.

To the OP, who also said they don't use mods, I suspect this is a big part of the problem in terms of fixing the game issues that exist. When most bugs are caused by people's custom content and outdated or broken mods, it takes longer for EA to take seriously the issues that aren't. And since more and more people use mods to try to fix the problems EA aren't fixing, it's really a vicious circle...

As for testing, in their defence, they can't possibly test the millions of different ways people play the game. By playing it we expose issues they couldn't have found before release, no matter how hard they tested it. That's why its important for us to report actual game bugs.
  • ashmgnzashmgnz Posts: 3 New Member
    I recently got the movie hangout pack and I can't select any color options for the pack in build mode. Has anyone had this problem ? and if so how did you fix it ? (i've already tried repairing and updating in origin and nothing has helped)
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
    ashmgnz wrote: »
    I recently got the movie hangout pack and I can't select any color options for the pack in build mode. Has anyone had this problem ? and if so how did you fix it ? (i've already tried repairing and updating in origin and nothing has helped)

Hello @ashmgnz
    I have posted on the other thread about your issue.
  • TyrircKidTyrircKid Posts: 52 Member
    what about having your child sim singing and then after stopping the sound of them singing still continueing ? it's one i hate alot... though i also have alot of issues regarding other skills like painting where it sometimes allows them to start the painting but after starting it somehow being unable to reach it even if it is out in the open...
  • flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    I agree...the game feels very glitched, and it's more of a chore to play nowadays. I wish they would start doing something about the Sims AI. It takes so incredibly long for a sim to do something, or to cancel an action, or the entire toddlers + highchair mess...
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • mazinglyawesomemazinglyawesome Posts: 1 New Member
    My game keeps freezing. I have to save it rather frequently and hope it will work. Usually when it happens, I cant click on anything except the menu button and then it never saves. Also, I usually have to start the game twice as it never loads the first time.
    My game keeps freezing. I have to save it rather frequently and hope it will work. Usually when it happens, I cant click on anything except the menu button and then it never saves. Also, I usually have to start the game twice as it never loads the first time.

Hello @mazinglyawesome
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues remain, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

You will need to break up the pastebin link of your DXDiag info though when you post it in this thread by putting h.t.t.p. instead of http, because you are unable to post links because you are a new member.
  • Shlomi546Shlomi546 Posts: 22 Member
    This game was buggy from the start.... It become a habit of mine, while I play The sims 4 to always check the forums for fixes on bugs I experience. When The sims 4 cats and dogs came out, I played it once and find out a massive bug in the game, so I havn't played the game since. I refuse to play something which is broken and / or not complete which I paid for with my own money, I feel like as EA cheated me. And I know every game have its bugs.... But not this many. Not this much. And its definitely not MY job to check here if i can fix it.... Myself. So... to be honest.. I will no longer support The sims 4, I will not buy any future content, as I know it will SURLEY have plenty of bugs. I dont want to fix them myself because I shouldn't, it's not my job to do it. And I dont want to support EA for this behavior.
  • hellbunny123hellbunny123 Posts: 52 Member
    I had this issue too, to solve it I would go into build mode then come out, if that didn't work I'd go to the neighbourhood view and then go back into the household.
  • therhythmicbabetherhythmicbabe Posts: 7 New Member
    A well timed pause helps and the Sims catch up with their conversations and changing moods, then you can go on again.
  • 73silvy7373silvy73 Posts: 36 Member
    I want to inform that......
    ......the coffee bar is a mess! Everytime my sims try to buy something, they need hours! Bartenders go away and new ones come (sometime two or three time) and they prefer to serve non-playing sims.
    ....... the wood vases builded with the workbench (I don't know if this is the right translation) are burned.
    73silvy73 wrote: »
    I want to inform that......
    ......the coffee bar is a mess! Everytime my sims try to buy something, they need hours! Bartenders go away and new ones come (sometime two or three time) and they prefer to serve non-playing sims.
    ....... the wood vases builded with the workbench (I don't know if this is the right translation) are burned.

Hello
    This AHQ EA thread refers to the issues of the OR wooden planter boxes appearing burnt.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-OR-Outdoor-Retreat-crafted-planters-are-appearing-in-the/m-p/6401887#M46555
  • SimsLover022SimsLover022 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi,

Does anyone have an animation bug/glitch with animals, where for example a dog (in my case) stretches, and it looks like a half human/half dog?

It happens randomly, or some times after bathing the dog, or if the dog plays with a toy from the toy box...

I have asked for help in several forums, and they told me, that it sounded like a problem with my graphics.. But I have tried so many different things like repairing the game, and I have even tried to play from another PC..But it didn't work.. The glitch was still there. I don't use any kind of CC or mods.

Is it a problem only EA can fix?

I'm sorry, if it's kinda difficult to understand what I mean, but English is not my first language.
    Hi,

Does anyone have an animation bug/glitch with animals, where for example a dog (in my case) stretches, and it looks like a half human/half dog?

It happens randomly, or some times after bathing the dog, or if the dog plays with a toy from the toy box...

I have asked for help in several forums, and they told me, that it sounded like a problem with my graphics.. But I have tried so many different things like repairing the game, and I have even tried to play from another PC..But it didn't work.. The glitch was still there. I don't use any kind of CC or mods.

Is it a problem only EA can fix?

I'm sorry, if it's kinda difficult to understand what I mean, but English is not my first language.

Hello.
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CD-Animation-Bug-with-animals/m-p/6413352#M50319
  • RetrovanianRetrovanian Posts: 580 Member
    Hi
    I have been asking for the problems to be solved before anymore Packs where released since City Living and for a while did not buy any new packs due to lag and other issues. The patch before Cats and Dogs seem to put things right for me so I started buying again. There are still problems and bugs but for me the Lag has gone. I am running it on a very powerful gaming machine however. Not everyone can do this and this is where part of the problem lies. The new Lighting Engine caused major problems on my last Machine and that's why I got this latest one. They are not listening and still keep releasing new packs before solving all the other bugs. Each Pack seems to bring more problems.
    Kind regards James.
  • TeoBoyTeoBoy Posts: 23 Member
    I've had an issue with computers since the last patch. I haven't seen anything about it on the forums or on the web.

Under the "programming" tab, some of the options (like "start freelance work" etc.) have disappeared completely. They just show up as empty bubbles. I'm not sure what my sim is doing.

The second issue is the option to write books has all but vanished. My sim can only write excuse letters, love e-mails, and articles (he's a critic). He has a pretty high writing level too.

Anyone else start having this issue too?
    TeoBoy wrote: »
    I've had an issue with computers since the last patch. I haven't seen anything about it on the forums or on the web.

Under the "programming" tab, some of the options (like "start freelance work" etc.) have disappeared completely. They just show up as empty bubbles. I'm not sure what my sim is doing.

The second issue is the option to write books has all but vanished. My sim can only write excuse letters, love e-mails, and articles (he's a critic). He has a pretty high writing level too.

Anyone else start having this issue too?

Hello @TeoBoy
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Try selling the computer and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

With the empty bubbles, try doing the solution in this link and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/
  • LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hi guys, noticed some bugs with jungle pack (if these have been put before sorry but still not fixed) 1. The dining table in the rental closer to the temple (not the field house) if something plate, cup is left on it your Sim can't clean it up says u need sink or trash can both are there. 2. The random chat in the bar and vendor area meaning your Sim nods and say uha etc, for 5 min before they do ? u told them, this only happens at the jungle bar lot 3. When you invite a local or any NPC to a jungle home lot they just get up in the middle of convo and go read or listen to tunes, even if u have autonomy turned off in options. 4. If you go into build mode at jungle bar all of the vendors leave and do not come back, till you leave and come back
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
    Loucifer wrote: »
    Hi guys, noticed some bugs with jungle pack (if these have been put before sorry but still not fixed) 1. The dining table in the rental closer to the temple (not the field house) if something plate, cup is left on it your Sim can't clean it up says u need sink or trash can both are there. 2. The random chat in the bar and vendor area meaning your Sim nods and say uha etc, for 5 min before they do ? u told them, this only happens at the jungle bar lot 3. When you invite a local or any NPC to a jungle home lot they just get up in the middle of convo and go read or listen to tunes, even if u have autonomy turned off in options. 4. If you go into build mode at jungle bar all of the vendors leave and do not come back, till you leave and come back

Hello
    There is an issue with some of the large round tables in the game. The new large table that came with Jungle Adventures has been affected also. You may like to press me too or post feedback on this AHQ EA thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-clean-dishes-on-big-round-tables/m-p/6591722#M57207
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TeoBoy
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > Try selling the computer and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > With the empty bubbles, try doing the solution in this link and see if that helps
    >

Thanks, R@TeoBoy
    I'll give it a try. ^_^
    Rosemow* ><
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @TeoBoy
    > If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    >
    > Try selling the computer and buying a new one, then test to see if the issue remains.
    >
    > If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
    >
    > With the empty bubbles, try doing the solution in this link and see if that helps
    >

Thanks, R@TeoBoy
    I'll give it a try. ^_^

You’re welcome :) I hope that it helps your issues.
    I found the problem. I had a mod that stopped sims from running to the computer all the time and removed it.
    I found the problem. I had a mod that stopped sims from running to the computer all the time and removed it.

It is good that you found the cause of your issues :)