Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for dmmcnair73, Crashing issues

rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,571 Member
@dmmcnair73 has asked me start a new thread for them as they are still a new member
dmmcnair73 wrote: »
I sure hope I can get some help! So, I haven't actually played for a little while. Yesterday, I updated Origin, Sims 4, and downloaded Bowling and Parenthood. Went to bed and when I tried to play today, my Macbook Pro crashed...I mean turned off crashed, no notice no nothing. I was not having any issues when I last played. I did remove my mods before updating.

I'm not sure if my Macbook is just finally giving out on me or if there is something I need to do. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled anything due to low to no internet (I'm having to use my cell data). I'm on a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro running Yosemite. 2.53 GHz i5, 8 gb memory, 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330M. I know she's old, but so can't afford a new Macbook yet!

Comments

• dmmcnair73dmmcnair73 Posts: 13 New Member
    I think it is the stupid graphics card. I have no idea what to do. I am not tech savvy at all. And doing any searching everything I read just goes over my head.
    I think it is the stupid graphics card. I have no idea what to do. I am not tech savvy at all. And doing any searching everything I read just goes over my head.
  • FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    there isn't much to go on here. all we know is that your mac crashed. there's an almost infinite amount of reasons why your mac could crash. your best bet is to take it in to the nearest apple store or a repair shop and find out what's wrong.
    Yeah, that's not happening. It only crashes when I start the Sims 4, after updating both origin and sims 4, and downloading parenthood and bowling. It gets to the welcome screen and crash, automatic restart. Doesn't happen with any other program on my computer. Wasn't happening last time I played. I took out all mods before updating and have not put them back in. I don't know what other information you need here. This is the same information that I've already given. My mac is a mid 2010. I don't even think they fix these anymore.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Go into Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 and trash the Options.ini file then try loading the game again.
    apple-signature.png