Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone write Legacies anymore?

Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone writes good old Legacies anymore? I mean the kind that are long and written in a blog with storyline? I know that Tumbrl is full of legacies, but I kinda miss the original way of doing legacies when people wrote cool stories and it was so much fun to read them. So...now calling all traditional legacy writers, please share, I would love to read them :)!

Comments

• SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I have a legacy linked in my signature (Munch Ado About Nothing) but I haven't updated in forever. I may end up restarting it but you're welcome to read what I've got if you like! My other story linked isn't so much a legacy as it is humor. As of right now, I don't have plans to turn it into a legacy, but it could be interesting to see further generations down the road.

I know of several others as well, most of which are on this forum!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Do you like Amazon legacies? My girl @WagonFruit has an awesome Amazon story that is equal parts hilarious and amazing. Also, it's not a legacy but a standalone story, but my friend @LadyLobster has a hysterical story called "Fangs for the Memories." Those are my two FAVORITE pieces of SimLit!

And of course you can check me out as well (click my sig), but I don't really like to pimp myself out. :mrgreen:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Most of the writers on this particular board do write stories in the traditional blog-posted format (often legacies but not necessarily. My current one is basically just a sim-illustrated novel...but it's on a blog!) Do check out the Writer's Lounge and see what's linked in posts and signatures. It's how I got started here.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    If you're a fan of Disney I write a Disney legacy. It's currently 5 generations in.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,751 Member
    my sims story is a legacy
    6adMCGP.gif
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Hiya! @ny275 and @Asaoyoru just started a reading circle called (In it For) The Long Haul which is dedicated to legacies--and they're all written on blogs. I'm too lazy to find the link, but if you look through this section of the forums, you can find it. The cool thing about their circle is that it's for brand new (or newish) legacies, so if you start with them, you'll be able to read them for a while! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    Hello @Jadeleine! Like @CathyTea already said, @ny275 and me are coleading a Reading Circle which is dedicated to legacies who are just starting out. If you would like to check it out, you can find it here;forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/919793/the-long-haul-reading-circle#latest.

You are welcome to drop by anytime!
  • NymphieaNymphiea Posts: 254 Member
    Hi! I do and the link is in my signature! I'm about to pick it back up, too
    Gen1.png
    Come check out my Sims 4 legacy story! We're on generation one currently.
    It's Just Another Story
  • Eddie SimsEddie Sims Posts: 121 Member
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    Hi guys...I was wondering if anyone writes good old Legacies anymore? I mean the kind that are long and written in a blog with storyline? I know that Tumbrl is full of legacies, but I kinda miss the original way of doing legacies when people wrote cool stories and it was so much fun to read them. So...now calling all traditional legacy writers, please share, I would love to read them :)!

Hey @Jadeleine I'm currently at generation 6 of my legacy blog, The Sloane Legacy. You can also take a look at The Stories and Legacies Index run by @mastressalita. It has links to a lot of SimLit including legacy challenges.
    The Sloane Legacy |Eddie's Sims World | Origin ID: EddieSims4 | Twitter: _EddieSims | Follow me on YouTube

gen1-7-resized-2.jpg
  • SPONGEBOB2772SPONGEBOB2772 Posts: 10 New Member
    I'd genuinely love to start doing something like this, I used to be a big story writer when I was younger. I've been tempted to open up a sims story blog or a sims story Instagram account but I think its sometimes just hard to get stories out there and it discourages a lot of sims 4 story writers such as myself to even get out there because of a fear of not getting stories noticed.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @SPONGEBOB2772: it's a legit fear. But being active in the community and reading other stories does a lot. A lot of writers like to return the favor to their readers.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    There are lots of wonderful legacies around these parts! :) I second the suggestions of checking out the stories index, people's signatures, and the writers lounge thread :blush: I do have a legacy of my own as well. Gen Five is coming to an end soon. :)
    snvAF3B.png
  • TempestTempest Posts: 51 Member
    I can never write a legacy because I get bored by the time my game hits the third generation.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    edited June 2017
    Yes, do drop by the Stories and Legacies Index, it is (to my knowledge) the largest single directory of Sim story links on the web, and it is also subject searchable. If you are only interested in legacies, you can go to the Subject Search page and use either the challenge: Legacy Challenge or genre: legacy tags to filter story results to those which fit that criteria. If you don't want those hosted on forums or Tumblr, then look at the tags for an entry and check for format: Simblr or format: Sims forum and if those tags aren't included, the story should be hosted on a blog or website.

Any author can drop by the Stories and Legacies Index and add the link to their story into the database, no matter what game, style, or host you use!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    Currently working on a legacy about a mushroom farmer. Read here: https://allysimbuilds.wordpress.com/labeikovsky-legacy-challenge/
    Also working on a legacy/tiny living hybrid!
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    My story, The Straud Dynasty (link below) isn't a legacy, but it's a multigenerational, rotational challenge.
  • Kelci91Kelci91 Posts: 406 Member
    I only have two chapters up, but my history legacy challenge is linked in my signature. I'm the same way though, I prefer legacy challenges to stories.