The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Accidentally deleted Sims 4 folder now mods and cc aren't showing up

Kelci91Kelci91 Posts: 406 Member
Hey guys,

So I had a bit of an issue and accidentally deleted my Sims 4 folder. I restored it from my recycling bin, started the game up and it was like my game had completely reset itself. My mods and cc are not in the game and no matter what I try I can't get them back in. I have enable custom content and mods clicked in game, my resource.cfg is in the right spot... I really don't know what to do.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,569 Member
    edited June 2017
    Kelci91 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I had a bit of an issue and accidentally deleted my Sims 4 folder. I restored it from my recycling bin, started the game up and it was like my game had completely reset itself. My mods and cc are not in the game and no matter what I try I can't get them back in. I have enable custom content and mods clicked in game, my resource.cfg is in the right spot... I really don't know what to do.

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

If you are having other issues with your game, this link may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

You could also try recovering an earlier save game version. Go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version and see if the issue remains
  • EsselveEsselve Posts: 1 New Member
    I also have the same problem, I have tried restarting my computer, reopening the game, and even reinstalling it!
    Esselve wrote: »
    I also have the same problem, I have tried restarting my computer, reopening the game, and even reinstalling it!

Hello
    Did you place your sims 4 folder that you deleted, back into the documents- Electronic Arts folder ? Are you able to play your saves, or is it only the mods/cc that are not working?
  • jessgvenegasjessgvenegas Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey! @rosemow, I moved my sims 4 folder to my desktop and restarted the game, I noticed all my CC content was gone so freaking out I tried dragging the old folder back into the Electronic arts folder. I did this step due to a comment I read on a thread because some of my mods weren't letting me play the game. Now, all my mods are gone and I don't know how to recover them. What do I do? Is there a way to find them on my computer? I'm using a mac.
    Hey! @rosemow, I moved my sims 4 folder to my desktop and restarted the game, I noticed all my CC content was gone so freaking out I tried dragging the old folder back into the Electronic arts folder. I did this step due to a comment I read on a thread because some of my mods weren't letting me play the game. Now, all my mods are gone and I don't know how to recover them. What do I do? Is there a way to find them on my computer? I'm using a mac.

Hello.
    Are there two copies of the sims 4 folder now in the electronic arts folder?
    If there are two sims 4 folders there, copy the mods that are in the mods folder in the second sims 4 folder, into the mods folder that is in the first sims 4 folder.
    Then load the game and see if your mods appear. Your old saves and library items won’t be there also. Start a new save to check to see if your mods appear.
    @Rosemow, there's one in the electronic arts folder and another on my desktop. I moved it back to the desktop I think, I did this last night so I can't really remember lol. When I moved the old Sims 4 folder (the one with the CC) back into the Electronic arts folder, I started the game and after both folders were empty. I have no idea where my mods went, I've checked my downloads and only some are there as well as my trash bin being empty also. I can't use the downloaded ones that stayed either because it says that I moved it somewhere else.

> @rosemow said:
    > jessgvenegas wrote: »
    >
    > Hey! @rosemow, I moved my sims 4 folder to my desktop and restarted the game, I noticed all my CC content was gone so freaking out I tried dragging the old folder back into the Electronic arts folder. I did this step due to a comment I read on a thread because some of my mods weren't letting me play the game. Now, all my mods are gone and I don't know how to recover them. What do I do? Is there a way to find them on my computer? I'm using a mac.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Are there two copies of the sims 4 folder now in the electronic arts folder?
    > If there are two sims 4 folders there, copy the mods that are in the mods folder in the second sims 4 folder, into the mods folder that is in the first sims 4 folder.
    > Then load the game and see if your mods appear. Your old saves and library items won’t be there also. Start a new save to check to see if your mods appear.
    edited February 2018
    @Rosemow, there's one in the electronic arts folder and another on my desktop. I moved it back to the desktop I think, I did this last night so I can't really remember lol. When I moved the old Sims 4 folder (the one with the CC) back into the Electronic arts folder, I started the game and after both folders were empty. I have no idea where my mods went, I've checked my downloads and only some are there as well as my trash bin being empty also. I can't use the downloaded ones that stayed either because it says that I moved it somewhere else.

> @rosemow said:
    > jessgvenegas wrote: »
    >
    > Hey! @rosemow, I moved my sims 4 folder to my desktop and restarted the game, I noticed all my CC content was gone so freaking out I tried dragging the old folder back into the Electronic arts folder. I did this step due to a comment I read on a thread because some of my mods weren't letting me play the game. Now, all my mods are gone and I don't know how to recover them. What do I do? Is there a way to find them on my computer? I'm using a mac.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello.
    > Are there two copies of the sims 4 folder now in the electronic arts folder?
    > If there are two sims 4 folders there, copy the mods that are in the mods folder in the second sims 4 folder, into the mods folder that is in the first sims 4 folder.
    > Then load the game and see if your mods appear. Your old saves and library items won’t be there also. Start a new save to check to see if your mods appear.

Hello
    Are there no mods in either the mods folder in the Sims 4 folder that is in the electronic arts folder, or the mods folder in the sims 4 folder on your desktop?
    @rosemow, Hello.
    There's no mods in either folders. There was when I first moved the original folder to my desktop but I moved it back after it regenerated a new one and then it just disappeared.
    @rosemow, Hello.
    There's no mods in either folders. There was when I first moved the original folder to my desktop but I moved it back after it regenerated a new one and then it just disappeared.

You may have lost your mods :( I am so sorry.
    If you know the name of the package files of any of the missing files, you could try using the search bar on your computer to see if you can locate it.
    Also, if you use One Drive, check to see if the missing mods may be there.
    @rosemow,
    I'm checking One Drive right now. I'm not good at technical stuff, where in particular do I look for them? Script Editor?
    @rosemow,
    I'm checking One Drive right now. I'm not good at technical stuff, where in particular do I look for them? Script Editor?

Try looking to see if an extra mods folder has been created in One Drive.
  • Leahstunning08Leahstunning08 Posts: 1 New Member
    OK, I have made a big mistake not sure if you can fix it , but I deleted all my folder, and now I cant find it or download them again, I just don't know how. I deleted the game then got it again that didn't work. I need help to download them again. :(
  • IsariIsari Posts: 69 Member
    @Leahstunning08
    I suppose when you click repair game option on the Origin, it will download the game again. If it doesn't work, you can try to uninstall the whole game and install it again. Folders should be then created again.