Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out - Restaurant Changes?

Has anyone noticed any restaurant changes in their game? I was pleasantly surprised when my Sim bought a new restaurant and when she went to hire employees her YA kids came up as an option. Of course I had to hire her family! It's so cool to go to the restaurant and it's like a family business now. Also, I noticed that Sims eligible for hire have more than just level 1 skills. I hired a level 3 chef immediately.

I'm so happy with how my restaurants are running now. Curious if this is happening in anyone else's game & Dine Out was updated?

Comments

• Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    some of that has been around, just hard to find (the sims with higher levels possible to hire). when i made 'sensational sixam' for my main household to own (alien wife, astronaut husband), i spent absolutely ages hiring/firing sims until all of the aliens i made specifically to work in the restaurant showed up. during that time, saw some npcs (mostly already existing townies) with high, sometimes even maxed, skills. but, they weren't my aliens, so they didn't stick around.

i am happy that you were able to find family members quickly. that does make for a nice feel, having family working in the restaurant
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited June 2017
    Wait, so I can have a family member to be the chef? FINALLY!

Now I can actually own a restaurant. I wouldn't let my sims own them before, because they couldn't cook themselves. Unless this is still the case, but if you're able to hire YA's from your household then sounds like we can.

--T
  • Options
    Anyone know?

--T
  • Options
    joseandchocolatejoseandchocolate Posts: 321 Member
    YAY!!
    8d90c06c58195513b2df4fb82cf0ebb5.png
    Check out my YouTube Channel http://bit.ly/2ssq3Gk
    Follow me on Twitter http://bit.ly/2sYEob0
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @To7m I don't think we can hire family members as chefs. My Sims' family members didn't come up as an option to hire as chef....just host and waiter.
  • Options
    @To7m I don't think we can hire family members as chefs. My Sims' family members didn't come up as an option to hire as chef....just host and waiter.

That's unfortunate.

--T
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member

It might be skill related. Chefs need Gourmet Cooking/Mixology skills. Wait Staff need Charisma/Fitness, Hosts need Charisma/Comedy.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they might also need to be moved out of the household being played, and possibly set to 'unplayed'. which, of course, defeats the purpose of what you're trying to do
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »

It might be skill related. Chefs need Gourmet Cooking/Mixology skills. Wait Staff need Charisma/Fitness, Hosts need Charisma/Comedy.

So we *can* hire our own sims as chefs if they have the right skills?

Ah I'm so confused!

--T