Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE CLOSE

2...Next

Comments

• IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    In case you did not know this for some players aspecaly a player like me laundry in the sims4 is an absolute must have and some players wents a bit more reality in there game i wanted to see laundry return to the sims4 since day 1 of the sims4 and i also support the return of laundry to the sims4
    I've gathered as much from the forum. It's not hard to see that there are people who want laundry.

What I don't see anywhere is any supporting reasons.

Why do people want laundry? What part of laundry "game-play" is compelling? What makes laundry better for players than anything else on the released brainstorm list? What makes laundry so important it HAS to be part of this pack and not saved for another pack?

When I ask these things of @Simanite I am ignored, or given the reason "because people want it!"

I don't think it's unreasonable (or worth being ignored over) to ask these things and want to discuss these things, especially after I already stated:
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    My interest may change if I knew the intent of laundry; what sort of game-play will it add? Just moodlets? Does it fulfill Hygiene? Or is it just a chore we'll have to do on occasion like dishes? Will our sim's clothing become visibly dirty, forcing us to wash clothing? What makes laundry (a chore) more satisfying as game-play than bees/beekeeping (an activity/hobby)? Right now, it doesn't seem very fun to me. So I won't be voting for it unless the devs say something that shows me how fun it could be.

I mean; that is the purpose of this board, no? To discuss?

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    edited June 2017
    @Izzabelle I'm with you on this. Saying, "I want it" isn't a compelling reason to persuade others into wanting it to. Giving the pros and cons and why this would benefit or make the game better is something I would like to see.

I want laundry in the game too, but I want bees, canning, solar panels, and wind turbines more atm. Others probably have the same reason for wanting the thing they want in this pack.

You need to sell people on why laundry should be in this pack. Because saying, "I want it" isn't going to make me choose it over everything else.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    Removed
    Post edited by Simanite on
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    I DON'T NEED TO OFFER ANY SORT OF EXPLANATION AS TO WHY *****I***** WANT LAUNDRY. I'M NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE ELSE TO VOTE LAUNDRY OR TO EVEN WANT LAUNDRY, BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A FLYING LLAMA WHAT ANYONE ELSE WANTS, I DON'T CARE HOW ANYONE ELSE VOTES. I WANT A FEATURE AND THAT'S THE END OF DISCUSSION, THEREFORE I WILL VOTE AND ASK FOR IT. I DON'T ASK YOU TO OFFER EXPLANATIONS AS TO WHY YOU WANT YOUR FEATURES, THEREFORE DON'T ASK ME FOR MINE.

YOU ARE BEING BLOCKED FOR CONTRADICTING AND TWISTING EVERYTHING I SAY. NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT LAUNDRY. BECAUSE *NEWSFLASH* SOME PEOPLE DON'T CARE HOW OTHER PEOPLE VOTE.

VILE BULLIES.
    /facepalm

You're in a public forum. People are going to discuss things with you when you bring them up. Some of those people aren't going to share your opinion. It isn't harassment or bullying to discuss things with you or voice opinions you don't share. Talk about an over-reaction. Sheesh.

The comment on my wall is pretty inappropriate too.

If you don't want to discuss your reasoning; that's fine. But it's also why some of us will remain unconvinced to give laundry a chance despite your mongering on behalf of it. If anyone else in support of laundry wants to discuss it though -- they're welcome to jump into the conversation. That's kind of how it works. For the most part.

There's no need to blow up on people, insult them, or ignore them.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I DON'T NEED TO OFFER ANY SORT OF EXPLANATION AS TO WHY *****I***** WANT LAUNDRY. I'M NOT TRYING TO CONVINCE ANYONE ELSE TO VOTE LAUNDRY OR TO EVEN WANT LAUNDRY, BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A FLYING LLAMA WHAT ANYONE ELSE WANTS, I DON'T CARE HOW ANYONE ELSE VOTES. I WANT A FEATURE AND THAT'S THE END OF DISCUSSION, THEREFORE I WILL VOTE AND ASK FOR IT. I DON'T ASK YOU TO OFFER EXPLANATIONS AS TO WHY YOU WANT YOUR FEATURES, THEREFORE DON'T ASK ME FOR MINE.

YOU ARE BEING BLOCKED FOR CONTRADICTING AND TWISTING EVERYTHING I SAY. NOT BECAUSE YOU DON'T WANT LAUNDRY. BECAUSE *NEWSFLASH* SOME PEOPLE DON'T CARE HOW OTHER PEOPLE VOTE.

VILE BULLIES.

Whether you intended or not, your strong desire for laundry, to me, felt like you were kinda forcing your feelings about it onto us and made it seem like you wanted us to feel the same. The tone and wording of your posts/comments in the future need to be reworked if this was an unintended outcome.

But this is just how you come off to me.

And, I may have given an opposing opinion to yours, but I don't think I twisted anything you said. And if you genuinely felt that I was bullying you or something, then I apologize, but you should too. And please take a few breathers before you decide to respond.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I'll state why I want laundry because in Sims 2 I wanted laundry than Sims 3 laundry came out I was over the moon excited this animation my stay at home parents had something to do. I also like the moodlets

What if dirty and dirty clothes affect the moods or emotions like with teens they can come home upset about clothes or have a confident and a fresh smelling moodlet when clothes are clean just like Sims 3.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    another advantage of laundry and that would be a great advantage since parenthood is out as well as raise the responsabilaty level for sims kids would be don't dirty your clothes because it would cause the sim mom who spent all day in the kitchen cooking or doing laundry a tense mooddlet as well as be angry if she see her sim son or daughter formal clothes or everyday clothes dirty
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Not convinced and I still don't want laundry. Reasons being: I want a fun and immersive gameplay object, not a chore item. I hated it in the Sims 3, and I can't see it being much better now, especially as there is so many more interesting objects we can get, especially ones we never had before. Shipping container homes would be incredibly interesting and actually fits in a eco friendly theme. Tiny home furniture, space saver (although if they include a stacked washer and dryer or an all in one, I'd be down for that). Just to name a few, I went with like 90% of this list I would love to see.

As I have said previously, this isn't a dictatorship. Everyone is free to vote for whatever they want when the time comes, and if laundry doesn't win then it doesn't win. If it does win, then it does.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Simanite - Graham and Drake are not here right now, they are at the EA play that started today - this weekend and week coming. So it may be up a while as I doubt a mod will touch Grahams thread. But then who knows. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    @gummybear0724 No I wouldn't be happy with any recycled animations. There would be no point in getting laundry if that happened. I want washers, dryers and laundry hampers that look and work like they did in TS3. And they need to be the only gameplay objects in the pack. What's difficult about that to understand?

Well I thought about recycled animations but still having functionality. Also if you don't mind.me asking, why the only gameplay object in the pack? That doesn't seem fair to everyone who doesn't want laundry.

What? That's like saying if they did make the gameplay items hobby stuff then they should include laundry as well as it's not fair to people who don't want hobby items. What I'm saying is, if laundry is chosen then the only items we can realistically expect is a washer, dryer and hamper. The same way if hobby items are chosen then we should only expect one large item (say a sewing machine) then something smaller. Or maybe they could fit 2 hobby items in, IDK. All I'm saying is the gameplay will suffer if they try to stuff too many things in one pack. And Graham has talked about how SPs have a limited budget so can only focus on one or 2 things.

If laundry doesn't win I'd rather wait for it to have its own pack than they trying to shoehorn it in with something else with limited animation and functionality. Plus they would never do that anyway, because things are separated into categories when we vote.
    Just because some people don't want laundry or have a vendetta against me they're ignoring common sense. (not directed at you gummybear but at everyone who likes posts opposing laundry).

I see what you're saying. Maybe if laundry doesn't win it could be the next stuff pack after this. I wouldn't mind laundry, and I understand that you don't want to wait any longer, but if it doesn't win perhaps it could be more fleshed out, which might be even better. I'm not totally sure how laundry could be fleshed out but I'm sure they could come up with something cool.

Yeah I just think laundry has a lot of work to it. There's the animations of the Sim (putting laundry in, getting laundry out, putting in detergent, moving the dials, picking up laundry from the floor or hamper) then there's the programming (laundry being generated when a Sim changes/showers, tying that to having a washing machine on the lot, making sure they don't do it on community lots or public spaces).

Creating new animations is, as I understand it from other threads and comments by the simgurus, outside of the scope of a stuff pack. It seems unlikely that so many new animations would be included if laundry is voted in. As part of its own game pack ("The Sims 4: Household Drudgery!") or an EP, it seems more plausible.
    edited June 2017
    @gummybear0724 No I wouldn't be happy with any recycled animations. There would be no point in getting laundry if that happened. I want washers, dryers and laundry hampers that look and work like they did in TS3. And they need to be the only gameplay objects in the pack. What's difficult about that to understand?

Well I thought about recycled animations but still having functionality. Also if you don't mind.me asking, why the only gameplay object in the pack? That doesn't seem fair to everyone who doesn't want laundry.

What? That's like saying if they did make the gameplay items hobby stuff then they should include laundry as well as it's not fair to people who don't want hobby items. What I'm saying is, if laundry is chosen then the only items we can realistically expect is a washer, dryer and hamper. The same way if hobby items are chosen then we should only expect one large item (say a sewing machine) then something smaller. Or maybe they could fit 2 hobby items in, IDK. All I'm saying is the gameplay will suffer if they try to stuff too many things in one pack. And Graham has talked about how SPs have a limited budget so can only focus on one or 2 things.

If laundry doesn't win I'd rather wait for it to have its own pack than they trying to shoehorn it in with something else with limited animation and functionality. Plus they would never do that anyway, because things are separated into categories when we vote.
    Just because some people don't want laundry or have a vendetta against me they're ignoring common sense. (not directed at you gummybear but at everyone who likes posts opposing laundry).

I see what you're saying. Maybe if laundry doesn't win it could be the next stuff pack after this. I wouldn't mind laundry, and I understand that you don't want to wait any longer, but if it doesn't win perhaps it could be more fleshed out, which might be even better. I'm not totally sure how laundry could be fleshed out but I'm sure they could come up with something cool.

Yeah I just think laundry has a lot of work to it. There's the animations of the Sim (putting laundry in, getting laundry out, putting in detergent, moving the dials, picking up laundry from the floor or hamper) then there's the programming (laundry being generated when a Sim changes/showers, tying that to having a washing machine on the lot, making sure they don't do it on community lots or public spaces).

Creating new animations is, as I understand it from other threads and comments by the simgurus, outside of the scope of a stuff pack. It seems unlikely that so many new animations would be included if laundry is voted in. As part of its own game pack ("The Sims 4: Household Drudgery!") or an EP, it seems more plausible.

They wouldn't have offered it as an option if it was out of the scope of an SP. All SPs have required new animations for gameplay objects (ie. rock climbing wall, slip n slide, make up table, etc.). There are only things that require whole new Sim positions (like recliners or bunk beds) that are too much for an SP. :)
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    edited June 2017
    Oh, you're right; I had that backwards. Sorry!

To clarify - laundry may not be my first choice (or might be, depending on what is put up for vote) but if it's done I'd want to see the correct animations for it.
    Oh, you're right; I had that backwards. Sorry!

It's fine. There's a lot of info it's hard to know what's right or not. :D
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017

Well as much as things like that makes sense to us - you have to remember Stuff packs just have content not planned to be in gps or eps - so if we see it as one of the final choices then if it is not in a stuff pack - we won't get it. Apparently it was rejected by the ep and gp teams. Grant is in charge of the ep team and he is not a fan of laundry or chores really.
    One other tidbit is the ep teams seem to know what they are doing for the eps - because after one big meeting back a few months ago - Grant posted on one of his account - not on the Sims - but to do with those games he has made that he probably would not be working on his own stuff much as he said he knew what he'd be doing for the next 2 and a half years and it was going to be busy for him. Which to me suggests they were already busy with their planned eps for the next 2 and a half years. I did try to link here once with that - and a shout of hurrah - but it would not let me link to it from his site.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....