Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PLEASE CLOSE

SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member

Post edited by Simanite on

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    I don't have anything against laundry personally. But as the Eco Pack "thing" I don't think it's very fitting or even very exciting -- especially now that the preliminary list of ideas has been tweeted out.

Bees/Bee Keeping, as one example, is more interesting and more fitting than laundry for an Eco Pack.

I'd like to see laundry shelved for now so we can get something better.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
    Lots of people only voted for this theme as laundry was an option. This pack doesn't really have anything to do with being Eco friendly other than the name, which will change anyway. Those suggestions were a lot from the community, as laundry was something the gurus mentioned with this theme. The items and clothes would fit laundry, as well as something else like bee keeping.
    Simanite wrote: »
    Lots of people only voted for this theme as laundry was an option. This pack doesn't really have anything to do with being Eco friendly other than the name, which will change anyway. Those suggestions were a lot from the community, as laundry was something the gurus mentioned with this theme. The items and clothes would fit laundry, as well as something else like bee keeping.

I am aware that the pack isn't necessarily eco friendly and that things started on foot with laundry. But as I said; the more we venture into development, the more I feel like laundry isn't fitting. Nor do I find it particularly exciting regardless. And now that the list is out, there's a lot more things I'd want for this pack before laundry is even considered.

Gardening for example could use the expansion; new planters (like window planters) sounds amazing considering the very limited options available now. And Canning / Jams would make Gardening as an activity much deeper since you'd be able to combine the two skills (grow ingredients).

My interest may change if I knew the intent of laundry; what sort of game-play will it add? Just moodlets? Does it fulfill Hygiene? Or is it just a chore we'll have to do on occasion like dishes? Will our sim's clothing become visibly dirty, forcing us to wash clothing? What makes laundry (a chore) more satisfying as game-play than bees/beekeeping (an activity/hobby)? Right now, it doesn't seem very fun to me. So I won't be voting for it unless the devs say something that shows me how fun it could be.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
    Seriously what happened to all those people wanting laundry???
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    team laundry count me in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    team laundry count me in

YAS!
    9avBpK.gif
  • enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    I'm a new member so I don't think I can have a signature yet but but I am team laundry all the way!!!
    @enzopenguin High five!
  • lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    I would personally love laundry. I'm probably part of the minority, but I really enjoyed having my sims do it in The Sims 3. So you can count me as team laundry (going to pass on the signature though, sorry. I don't really want to part with the one I currently have.)
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • djacquelynstewdjacquelynstew Posts: 641 Member
    On board for laundry for sure

35165721945_7687748817_o.png
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Team Laundry here! I'll add this to my sig when I get home tonight
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• heyemzheyemz Posts: 8 New Member
    Totally #teamlaundry all the way. I just don't know if I can have a signature yet as I have so few posts on the forum.
  • gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    @Simanite how would laundry work? Would it just be a standard washer and dryer? While I'm not necessarily sure it fits with the eco living theme, I think it could be incorporated without losing other gameplay objects. Do you have any animations you think could be recycled? If we could recycle animations, and just do new objects, the developers could devote time to other things. I think it would work well and make most people happy.
    @gummybear0724 No I wouldn't be happy with any recycled animations. There would be no point in getting laundry if that happened. I want washers, dryers and laundry hampers that look and work like they did in TS3. And they need to be the only gameplay objects in the pack. What's difficult about that to understand?
    @gummybear0724 No I wouldn't be happy with any recycled animations. There would be no point in getting laundry if that happened. I want washers, dryers and laundry hampers that look and work like they did in TS3. And they need to be the only gameplay objects in the pack. What's difficult about that to understand?

Well I thought about recycled animations but still having functionality. Also if you don't mind.me asking, why the only gameplay object in the pack? That doesn't seem fair to everyone who doesn't want laundry.

Well I thought about recycled animations but still having functionality. Also if you don't mind.me asking, why the only gameplay object in the pack? That doesn't seem fair to everyone who doesn't want laundry.

What? That's like saying if they did make the gameplay items hobby stuff then they should include laundry as well as it's not fair to people who don't want hobby items. What I'm saying is, if laundry is chosen then the only items we can realistically expect is a washer, dryer and hamper. The same way if hobby items are chosen then we should only expect one large item (say a sewing machine) then something smaller. Or maybe they could fit 2 hobby items in, IDK. All I'm saying is the gameplay will suffer if they try to stuff too many things in one pack. And Graham has talked about how SPs have a limited budget so can only focus on one or 2 things.

If laundry doesn't win I'd rather wait for it to have its own pack than they trying to shoehorn it in with something else with limited animation and functionality. Plus they would never do that anyway, because things are separated into categories when we vote.
    Just because some people don't want laundry or have a vendetta against me they're ignoring common sense. (not directed at you gummybear but at everyone who likes posts opposing laundry).
    edited June 2017
    Just because some people don't want laundry or have a vendetta against me they're ignoring common sense. (not directed at you gummybear but at everyone who likes posts opposing laundry).
    Not wanting laundry is not equivalent to not having/ignoring common sense. It's pretty rude to say so -- please stop trying to intimidate people into voting for laundry.

People have their own opinions. Some people don't like laundry and like other things more. That doesn't make them wrong or lacking in sense. It just means they don't share your views.
    ZU6MUcP.gif

What? That's like saying if they did make the gameplay items hobby stuff then they should include laundry as well as it's not fair to people who don't want hobby items. What I'm saying is, if laundry is chosen then the only items we can realistically expect is a washer, dryer and hamper. The same way if hobby items are chosen then we should only expect one large item (say a sewing machine) then something smaller. Or maybe they could fit 2 hobby items in, IDK. All I'm saying is the gameplay will suffer if they try to stuff too many things in one pack. And Graham has talked about how SPs have a limited budget so can only focus on one or 2 things.

If laundry doesn't win I'd rather wait for it to have its own pack than they trying to shoehorn it in with something else with limited animation and functionality. Plus they would never do that anyway, because things are separated into categories when we vote.

I see what you're saying. Maybe if laundry doesn't win it could be the next stuff pack after this. I wouldn't mind laundry, and I understand that you don't want to wait any longer, but if it doesn't win perhaps it could be more fleshed out, which might be even better. I'm not totally sure how laundry could be fleshed out but I'm sure they could come up with something cool.
    edited June 2017
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    Not wanting laundry is not equivalent to not having/ignoring common sense. It's pretty rude to say so -- please stop trying to intimidate people into voting for laundry.

People have their own opinions. Some people don't like laundry and like other things more. That doesn't make them wrong or lacking in sense. It just means they don't share your views.

You're being ignored now, please don't try and engage with me again. I literally DO NOT CARE what anyone else votes for. Gummybear understood exactly what I meant:

I didn't say it's not common sense to not want laundry. I was meaning it's common sense to only expect one theme in an SP and one main gameplay item(s) given past SPs and what the Gurus have said. We cannot expect a big addition like laundry and also something else major like hobby items in this pack.

I see what you're saying. Maybe if laundry doesn't win it could be the next stuff pack after this. I wouldn't mind laundry, and I understand that you don't want to wait any longer, but if it doesn't win perhaps it could be more fleshed out, which might be even better. I'm not totally sure how laundry could be fleshed out but I'm sure they could come up with something cool.

Yeah I just think laundry has a lot of work to it. There's the animations of the Sim (putting laundry in, getting laundry out, putting in detergent, moving the dials, picking up laundry from the floor or hamper) then there's the programming (laundry being generated when a Sim changes/showers, tying that to having a washing machine on the lot, making sure they don't do it on community lots or public spaces).

My ideal choice would be for laundry to win this SP as it's my first choice, and the CAS/Build/Buy items are versatile enough for a laundry SP. Plus I only voted for this theme for laundry, but I understand people had different reasons for voting. But if it doesn't win I will stay buy whatever comes out, and I'm sure we'll see laundry down the line as it's very popular and the Gurus have acknowledged it.

For me, it doesn't really matter if it has an added flashy feature or is improved on or anything. Just the basic system like we had in TS3 would be perfect for me. I think laundry is either you love it or you hate it. :)

It might fit into a more domestic style EP or GP down the line, or if it does get its own SP it might come with a laundromat and some nice laundry-esque decor. :)
    I literally DO NOT CARE what anyone else votes for...

...I didn't say it's not common sense to not want laundry. I was meaning it's common sense to only expect one theme in an SP and one main gameplay item(s) given past SPs and what the Gurus have said. We cannot expect a big addition like laundry and also something else major like hobby items in this pack.
    I'm not going to pretend to be a mind reader. What you say is what you mean until you offer up a correction. Also why it's important to speak clearly when using any text based medium to convey your thoughts and opinions.

However, your actions around the forum contradict this sentiment of not caring -- you have continuously mocked and condescended to anyone who doesn't want laundry, while littering every laundry discussion with assertive (and sometimes aggressive) statements that laundry MUST be a thing and NOTHING else can take it's place.
    You're being ignored now, please don't try and engage with me again.
    You're welcome to ignore me -- but it won't stop me from correcting your erroneous information and standing up for those you seem hellbent on intimidating into your point of view. Just curious; will you ignore everyone who disagrees with laundry? Or just those who make valid points against it or ask for solid reasoning to support it?

It's too bad you choose to remain stubbornly committed to wanting laundry without any sort of discussion. I have remained fairly open minded to laundry's inclusion (so long as anyone could engage with me to discuss solid reasons why), but you won't commit to any sort of discussion regarding any of the benefits or flaws with laundry. Which is a shame since you're obviously the most vocal person in favor of laundry.

Ignoring me doesn't invalidate me or my reasoning and it surely doesn't help convince me laundry is the way to vote; it just shows your ineptitude to discuss laundry from an objective standpoint.

ZU6MUcP.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    I literally DO NOT CARE what anyone else votes for...

...I didn't say it's not common sense to not want laundry. I was meaning it's common sense to only expect one theme in an SP and one main gameplay item(s) given past SPs and what the Gurus have said. We cannot expect a big addition like laundry and also something else major like hobby items in this pack.
    I'm not going to pretend to be a mind reader. What you say is what you mean until you offer up a correction. Also why it's important to speak clearly when using any text based medium to convey your thoughts and opinions.

However, your actions around the forum contradict this sentiment of not caring -- you have continuously mocked and condescended to anyone who doesn't want laundry, while littering every laundry discussion with assertive (and sometimes aggressive) statements that laundry MUST be a thing and NOTHING else can take it's place.
    You're being ignored now, please don't try and engage with me again.
    You're welcome to ignore me -- but it won't stop me from correcting your erroneous information and standing up for those you seem hellbent on intimidating into your point of view. Just curious; will you ignore everyone who disagrees with laundry? Or just those who make valid points against it or ask for solid reasoning to support it?

It's too bad you choose to remain stubbornly committed to wanting laundry without any sort of discussion. I have remained fairly open minded to laundry's inclusion (so long as anyone could engage with me to discuss solid reasons why), but you won't commit to any sort of discussion regarding any of the benefits or flaws with laundry. Which is a shame since you're obviously the most vocal person in favor of laundry.

Ignoring me doesn't invalidate me or my reasoning and it surely doesn't help convince me laundry is the way to vote; it just shows your ineptitude to discuss laundry from an objective standpoint.

In case you did not know this for some players aspecaly a player like me laundry in the sims4 is an absolute must have and some players wents a bit more reality in there game i wanted to see laundry return to the sims4 since day 1 of the sims4 and i also support the return of laundry to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(