Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brainstormed features for the upcoming June 23rd vote

Comments

• sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Our dear @SimGuruGraham just posted on his twitter a list with the possible features we'll be voting this month:

DBq7THvVoAAKccW.jpg

I'm like :astonished: So many good stuff!! Many of them proposed here on the forums. Which would you choose?

There's far too many that are way above and beyond a washer/dryer....which is NOT eco friendly. I'll take the clothesline first.
    I had just watched the Fitness Stuff live stream, and they did show this list while they were having some issues with the game. And Graham did say that they will be adding only a couple of these in the Eco Living Pack.

When I heard Graham say they are only going to use 1or 2 of them I almost cried. I was hoping for at least 3.
    I was a bit surprised my self when I heard him say that. I was expecting them to add at least 5 or 6 of those. But nope, only 1 or 2.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    lovlyb wrote: »
    OMG! Im so ready to vote now, I saw this on YouTube on SimVIP channel and it was the Gurus discussing this main pack and about this brainstorming ideal. And now this list..EXXXXCITED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06dm8SAJrww

The sink is looking astouding :o The cheapness is reaching a whole new level now hahaha Loving it, we chose pretty well so far.

From the board I can bet we're voting only something around 8 or 10, maybe some combined, and getting something like 2, tops. I thought we were only getting one, so for me it's good news. Some stuff like the chicken coop sound a lot of fun but they would need more focus, unlike some others. I'm happy as long as we're keeping it eco.

Can't wait to read the description of the objects though, I see a lot of potential haha

Actually a stone laundry sink is not cheap - they go around 400-500 dollars.The real nice ones made of soapstone is even more expensive. Even old used ones if you are lucky to find one are upward of the 200-300 dollar range. I just looked on ebay and other vintage sellers and even used it seems to be in the 400-500 dollar range. They are heavy too - around 900 pounds one seller mentioned. Now I get why the laundry was often in the cellar of older homes and why they are mounted on iron stands and not wood. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

aprilrose wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Our dear @SimGuruGraham just posted on his twitter a list with the possible features we'll be voting this month:

DBq7THvVoAAKccW.jpg

I'm like :astonished: So many good stuff!! Many of them proposed here on the forums. Which would you choose?

There's far too many that are way above and beyond a washer/dryer....which is NOT eco friendly. I'll take the clothesline first.
    I had just watched the Fitness Stuff live stream, and they did show this list while they were having some issues with the game. And Graham did say that they will be adding only a couple of these in the Eco Living Pack.

When I heard Graham say they are only going to use 1or 2 of them I almost cried. I was hoping for at least 3.
    I was a bit surprised my self when I heard him say that. I was expecting them to add at least 5 or 6 of those. But nope, only 1 or 2.

That's why I said when the pickings for an eco friendly pack comes down to just 1-2 main premium items - my last thought would be laundry. My first though before all else is solar panels and second thought is some form of water conservation or recycling system. These are absolutely essential to eco living - no question about it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    edited June 2017
    This should have been a gamepack because a lot of that fits with Eco living.

My top favorites so far:
    Nectar making (it was one of my favorite hobbies in TS3)
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop
    Laundry I know lots of people don't like it, but I feel like its something that helps with feeling immersed in the sims world.
    edited June 2017

My top favorites so far:
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop
    Laundry I know lots of people don't like it, but I feel like its something that helps with feeling immersed in the sims world.

Not me - it totally angers me with laundry having to either have a hamper in every single room or put up with the mess and trail of clothing sims leave all over the place if you have a washer anywhere on your lot it triggers this constant mess so you are soon constantly doing laundry. I cannot tolerate messes well at all - I am a neat freak so no it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have any washers on my lots as I refuse to have a hamper in every single room. Shoot you even have to have one outside if you have a hot tub, pool or slip and slide or anything that makes the sims change clothes. The clothes will stay there and eventually start stinking and annoying sims constantly. Don't even get me started in the noise the washer makes that also annoys the sims. They won't do anything else but stand there pitching a fit over it all. In sims 3 I got rid of all washers and dryers and put laundromats in each town but it is more of a meeting place than anything. LOL.

Believe me the novelty wears off quickly.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

My top favorites so far:
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop

Not me - it totally angers me with laundry having to either have a hamper in every single room or put up with the mess and trail of clothing sims leave all over the place if you have a washer anywhere on your lot it triggers this constant mess so you are soon constantly doing laundry. I cannot tolerate messes well at all - I am a neat freak so no it makes me extremely uncomfortable to have any washers on my lots as I refuse to have a hamper in every single room. Shoot you even have to have one outside if you have a hot tub, pool or slip and slide or anything that makes the sims change clothes. The clothes will stay there and eventually start stinking and annoying sims constantly. Don't even get me started in the noise the washer makes that also annoys the sims. They won't do anything else but stand there pitching a fit over it all. In sims 3 I got rid of all washers and dryers and put laundromats in each town but it is more of a meeting place than anything. LOL.

You just described my real life household and exactly why I want it. Its cool you don't, but the great thing about the way they did it in TS3 is that you can opt out. I totally support that feature for people who want to opt out. I personally love to be fully immersed in my world. All of my skyrim mods for example are mods making the game more realistic and harder for survival. Bathing, managing cold/heat, food/drink, and keeping my weapons sharp. I personally enjoy systems like that. I know that's not for everyone!

My top favorites so far:
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop

You just described my real life household and exactly why I want it. Its cool you don't, but the great thing about the way they did it in TS3 is that you can opt out. I totally support that feature for people who want to opt out. I personally love to be fully immersed in my world. All of my skyrim mods for example are mods making the game more realistic and harder for survival. Bathing, managing cold/heat, food/drink, and keeping my weapons sharp. I personally enjoy systems like that. I know that's not for everyone!

Well my household and family are not like that. They all use the hamper. I only need a hamper in the bathroom and everyone knew where they are and used them. I was all excited for washers in Sims 3 finally. You know the saying be careful of what you wish for? Well so much for my short lived joy. Believe me - I quickly got rid of every single washer and dryer and hamper but the decor hampers of course. Got on my last nerve.

You should have seen me cringe over the parenthood trailer - thank goodness so far I have not had that messy kids action happen, thank goodness.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member

My top favorites so far:
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop

Maybe for you, but as someone who is far from a neat freak, I love the mess and laundry from TS3. For neat/mature Sims I have hampers in typical places, but I love clothes piles. I want more mess and more clutter, especially for kids and teens. TS4 got some more but I don't think I could have enough. :smile:

My recent (ts3) challenge is dealing with a newly broke family who got their dryer stolen from a burglar, and the burglar got away. Haha, fun.

So no, it doesn't wear off necessarily!! :smiley:
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • PlushisimPlushisim Posts: 97 Member
    Is it possible to have the laundry related to an object on the lot? If you don't have said object you don't need to deal with laundry. I have to say though for an ECO pack laundry would be at the bottom of my list.
    edited June 2017

My top favorites so far:
    Beekeeping
    Pottery
    Chicken Coop

Maybe for you, but as someone who is far from a neat freak, I love the mess and laundry from TS3. For neat/mature Sims I have hampers in typical places, but I love clothes piles. I want more mess and more clutter, especially for kids and teens. TS4 got some more but I don't think I could have enough. :smile:

My recent (ts3) challenge is dealing with a newly broke family who got their dryer stolen from a burglar, and the burglar got away. Haha, fun.

So no, it doesn't wear off necessarily!! :smiley:

Well then, You would probably get a big laugh if you saw me this morning in real life. I woke up to my hubbies breakfast dishes in the sink - nothing unusual there of course, but when I went to fill the wash pan with hot water to wash them I had no hot water. Which in turn means no hot water for the shower either. So now I sit here a bit freaked out with no shower and some dishes in my sink, and hubby does not get home from work until at least 6 pm.

I can picture you just shrugging it all off without a second thought - but me on the other hand will probably be stark raving mad (meaning crazy , not angry) by 6 pm because of it. Believe me some times eco friendly devices are not so friendly to the humans that own them. Definitely cutting my carbon foot print to day for sure.

To add to my misery I picture green smelly smoke coming off of me and my sink. Oh the joy of being a simmer... Thanks a lot Sims.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited June 2017
    Plushisim wrote: »
    Is it possible to have the laundry related to an object on the lot? If you don't have said object you don't need to deal with laundry. I have to say though for an ECO pack laundry would be at the bottom of my list.

Actually in the Sims 3 it was the washer that triggered the dropping of clothing all over the place and the stink from said dirty laundry. As long as you did not put a washer in the house the sims changed as usual and never drop clothes where ever they are. So to keep it from happening I had to remove all the washers, and of course the dryers too, and the usable hampers that came with them.

If you had a sim with the neat trait in the household they would sometimes go around the house picking up "some" of the dirty laundry before it started stinking and put it in the proper hamper if there was one nearby. But only if they saw it and never got it all. Eventually they added the hand of God that allowed us to pick it up and put unto the hampers but that did not stop the stink. The only way to stop the stink was wash the clothes.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• CandacisCandacis Posts: 186 Member
    I saw Sewing on the list, but not Knitting, which is something different and can be done without a machine. Would be nice, if this was included in the list as well. You know, knit scarves, sweaters, socks, coasters, oven mitts.

From the list, I'm most excited for:
    Well Pump
    Pottery
    Solar Roof Tiles
    Greenhouses
    Beekeeping
    Vertical Gardens
    Grass Roofs

Ugh, there are so many good things on that paper. It is hard to choose. Especially because I think, it will only be 1 or maybe 2 gameplay features.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »
    OMG! Im so ready to vote now, I saw this on YouTube on SimVIP channel and it was the Gurus discussing this main pack and about this brainstorming ideal. And now this list..EXXXXCITED!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06dm8SAJrww

The sink is looking astouding :o The cheapness is reaching a whole new level now hahaha Loving it, we chose pretty well so far.

From the board I can bet we're voting only something around 8 or 10, maybe some combined, and getting something like 2, tops. I thought we were only getting one, so for me it's good news. Some stuff like the chicken coop sound a lot of fun but they would need more focus, unlike some others. I'm happy as long as we're keeping it eco.

Can't wait to read the description of the objects though, I see a lot of potential haha

Actually a stone laundry sink is not cheap - they go around 400-500 dollars.The real nice ones made of soapstone is even more expensive. Even old used ones if you are lucky to find one are upward of the 200-300 dollar range. I just looked on ebay and other vintage sellers and even used it seems to be in the 400-500 dollar range. They are heavy too - around 900 pounds one seller mentioned. Now I get why the laundry was often in the cellar of older homes and why they are mounted on iron stands and not wood. LOL.

I was almost forgetting to mention that this, about the price, is new to me. I grew up in a place where that kind of old stuff and materials like soapstone were always kinda there (the city still has a remarkable reputation for making religious sculptures of it), so I had never actually seen the price hahaha But I found that stone sinks, as they were extremely common in country, are relatively cheap here if compared to the 400-500 dollars tag; ironicaly, they are all around R$400, but it's currently somethink like 120 dollars.

Anyway, wonderful to notice how much I'm learning in this process, thanks.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    A lot of things to do with farming is Eco, going back to nature things like producing your own food, chicken coops are also, living without the means of cars and electric appliances, what is more eco than that? As for Blacksmiths Really what good are they without having horses and other animals. There are plenty of things on the list that goes great with Eco-living. Laundry can also be eco friendly if you have laundry sinks with hand worked wringers and clotheslines. There are a many of the things on the list which excites me. Light switches and electric blenders aren't included. Maybe oil lights and the wind turbos would be nice any thing that is back to nature type items.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    well my vote for tommorow is set and its for laundry so rallying team laundry to vote for laundry tommorow its a must have in the game for a player like me as well as making homes more complete.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited June 2017
    My first choice vote is of course recycling/composting, solar panels; next is pottery, and if we are allowed more will be sewing if the sewing machine is a treadle machine anyway or canning. Wish we had more choices. I also wish knitting and crochet was a choice too as that would not take up precious space in the smaller eco type homes like a sewing machine would - but that wasn't a choice. Beekeeping would only be my choice if it was done like Sims 1 instead of Sims 3 was done. I also wish I could fit indoor herbal gardening in pots in there as well as I do all these things (but beekeeping and laundry) just about in real life at home.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I think my vote would consist of the following:
    1. Wash tubs/clothesline
    2. ironing
    3. well?w/pump
    4. sewing machine
    5. composting
    6. Jam making
    7. window gardens(for City Life)
    8. any of the crafts(glass blowing, juice making, candle making, canning etc) These would be great.

• LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    I am not sure what I want to vote for. There are so many great options. I would love if shipping container homes made the cut, a solar cooker would be neat. Tiny Home. Whatever does end up making the cut, I know I won't be voting laundry.
    I think my vote would consist of the following:
    1. Wash tubs/clothesline
    2. ironing
    3. well?w/pump
    4. sewing machine
    5. composting
    6. Jam making
    7. window gardens(for City Life)
    8. any of the crafts(glass blowing, juice making, candle making, canning etc) These would be great.

i respect your choices but for me i would chose an automatic washer dryer for my sims homes
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

@friendlysimmers Well really I would also, but trying to be eco friendly lol. Would like to see the laundry aspect as a thing they can or can not do such as cooking and cleaning, not as a must like in S3 where they left the clothes all over the place. Place them in the hamper and then click if they are to do the laundry same as with all the other crafts ,canning and other things.
    @friendlysimmers Well really I would also, but trying to be eco friendly lol. Would like to see the laundry aspect as a thing they can or can not do such as cooking and cleaning, not as a must like in S3 where they left the clothes all over the place. Place them in the hamper and then click if they are to do the laundry same as with all the other crafts ,canning and other things.

well one thing we can agree on @HIstoricgal is every player no matter the diffrent gameplay or playstyle should get the content they wenteven if i love the sims4 i sometime wonder why is it so hard to have content we went in the game i know that in a french show i watch and rewatch when it was rerun there was a time where laundry was wash in the lake (eco friendly for player that would chose this style)

• ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited June 2017
    I somehow just saw this list. I'm still somewhat undecided about my vote. I'll have to see how the vote is structured - how many items we can choose in the vote or if there's a ranking system; finding out whether they'll separate out traits and careers from feature objects like methods of laundry, solar panels, juicers, etc.

I like the idea of a park ranger career and the eco-friendly trait. When it comes to the "feature objects", I see a lot of good ideas and I'm still undecided. Lol at growing kale or craft-juice making. (I happen to like kale, so yes, I'd be happy to see it grown).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • DarksyngrDarksyngr Posts: 2 New Member
    Those are all nice, but what I really want are stairs... spiral, half landing, railings that are only left side or right, residential elevators, and so on. I've been waiting for this since S4 came out.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

DBq7THvVoAAKccW.jpg

Please if you do the chicken coop <3 , allow us to buy chickens to put in it; preferably the ability to decide on different colored chickens, roosters, and baby chicks with the ability to sell them also.

Kale plant
    clothesline/washtub <3
    canning
    window plants <3
    chopping wood
    herbal remedies
    light switches <3
    sewing machine <3
    floral arrangements <3
    candle making
    soap making
    off the grid
    tiny frig/tiny house stuff <3

Just a few that I really love and hope make it into some pack or the other. Hammock <3 would've been a nice country touch. :)

Can't wait for this vote today.