Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brainstormed features for the upcoming June 23rd vote

Our dear @SimGuruGraham just posted on his twitter a list with the possible features we'll be voting this month:

DBq7THvVoAAKccW.jpg

I'm like :astonished: So many good stuff!! Many of them proposed here on the forums. Which would you choose?
ID: StGerris
Legacy Photomode

Comments

• BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,592 Member
    1. Beeeessss
    2. Laundry if only so folks can stop whining about it.
    3. Chicken Coop
    4. beeeeeeeesssss
    5. Eco Friendly Trait/Aspiration
    6. Clothesline/Washtub
    7. Sewing Machine
    8. Beeeeessssss
    9. Composting
    11. NUDISTS
    12. Beeeesssss

Imo, greenhouses really don't serve much of a purpose until we actually have seasons...? Maybe my understanding of the purpose of a greenhouse is wrong, but if it's all the same season/weather each day....

On a side note, while not really eco friendly as much, blacksmithing and glass blowing would be hella dope.

BUT BEES. And I would love a "death by bees" death. Or if they use allergies "allergy attack" death?
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited June 2017
    OMG ! Can we have them all!! :p If I had to choose 2, the juice maker and sewing machine. Let there be a farming expansion already! Please Oh Great Guru's Of The Sims. :blush:
    Post edited by beville on
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,339 Member
    I'd be happy about everything from the list that relates to farming and crafting. If don't care if something fits the eco theme or not.
  • LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    Ooh,

Solar Cooker, Herbal Remedies, Solar Panels, Solar Roof Tiles, Shipping Container Homes, Tiny Home Furniture, Sewing Machine, Hydroponics, juicer/blender, jam making, Canning, Raw food, vertical hanging garden, floral arrangements, box vegetable garden, plantable window garden, allergies, grass food, candle making, soap making, community garden, adopt a street clean up, home fusion power, glass blowing, nectar making.

I dunno how I would choose. So many awesome options.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Maybe they're packing some together, like: solar panels/rooftiles + wind turbines + composting + water collection, it would make possible living off-grid, I would vote for that!

I'm so happy to see clotheslines/washtub, it would ease the digestion of a possible washer and dryer industrialized machine shoved down this pack.

A new career focused on nature care would be aaaawesome too. And I never though I'd be so fascinated by blacksmith, I never thought about it; but maybe in another pack.

About the light switches, which I was advocating for: I don't mind having them as decor if it doesn't make the cut <3
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Looking at the list now, I feel like laundry would be a wasted vote.

Bees / Bee Keeping
    Jam Making
    Expansion to Gardening/Planting
    Canning/Jarring

All seem infinitely better than laundry. They also seem to fit the theme better than laundry does.

As of now, I'm actively against laundry being Eco's "thing". I'd be entirely disappointed if laundry made it to release, it should probably be put in another pack.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    This list will be so hard to narrow down >.<
    I can't choose less than five so far... Bees/Beekeeping, Floral Arrangements (I really want a use for all those flower harvestables), Candle making, Servo, and Glass Blowing. Maybe they could add Servo in the free patch with the Off the Grid Lot Trait and then I'd pay for the other 4 :)
  • Simmer_WillSimmer_Will Posts: 54 Member
    Would love to see both Bees and Chickens added. We need some animals and it would also give farming lots something new to them other than just gardening. Would love to see a death by bees option! @SimGuruGraham Is there any way to know a detailed list of what would be included with each gameplay option when we vote? For example, for bees it could have info such as: "Makes harvestable honey, offers beekeeping skill, negative outcomes include beesting Angry moodlets and a possible chance of death"
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    Oh, oh, oh!

Not in any particular order:

1. Glass Blowing
    2. Soap Making
    3. Candle Making
    4. Pottery Wheel
    5. Stained Glass
    6. Shipping Container Homes
    7. Tiny House Furniture
    8. Bee Keeping
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    Some of this stuff sounds good, but I don't want to lose laundry in this pack. It's our chance to have it an it will be way more useful than beekeeping and glass blowing for example, since laundry can be used in any home of any style in every generation.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited June 2017
    PLEASE laundry! It might not necessarily fit this theme as well as other things, but it's the reason I voted for this theme and who knows how long we'll have to wait for it if it's not in here.

Washers, dryers, hampers and clothes lines - maybe the choice to wash clothes in the sink/tub too. But I wonder if this would be too much for an SP?

I'd love some other suggestions as well like the sewing machine, floral arrangements and greenhouses (but would they have to be updated for any potential future snowstorms?).

Maybe we could get a little extra in the pack like a new trait or the gardening channel that doesn't require new animations.

Some great ideas!
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Izzabelle wrote: »
    Looking at the list now, I feel like laundry would be a wasted vote.

Bees / Bee Keeping
    Jam Making
    Expansion to Gardening/Planting
    Canning/Jarring

All seem infinitely better than laundry. They also seem to fit the theme better than laundry does.

As of now, I'm actively against laundry being Eco's "thing". I'd be entirely disappointed if laundry made it to release, it should probably be put in another pack.

But a lot of us voted for this theme simply because of laundry being an option.
  • BrownGamerGurl1BrownGamerGurl1 Posts: 1,136 Member
    edited June 2017
    light switches!!!! omg. - I want them so much.

here's the others i like :

Pottery - zomg! woah.I totally want this new hobby.
    Tiny Home Furniture
    Community gardens! -zOMG! i need this.SO bad!
    Under counter fridge!

Wow . Those are some amazing new things. I thought I wouldn't be buying a pack based on this, because it's not my thing , the Eco theme. But I want these items so much :p
  • diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    I was super excited about the Eco Friendly trait and the inverse, Eco hate trait! I posted that idea a while back when Eco Living was first announced and seeing it up there (whether it was my post or not that landed it there) made me SO excited!! I hope the Eco Hate trait is on the vote and makes it through because it's an interesting balance, I think.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Too hard to choose I want it all.

1. Pottery
    2. Sewing machine
    3. Jam/canning
    4. Gardening channel
    5. Laundry- washing clothes, clothing line, ironing
    6. Beekeeping
    7. Eco friendly trait/ litter bug trait
    8. Recycling
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @SimGuruGraham Is there any way to know a detailed list of what would be included with each gameplay option when we vote? For example, for bees it could have info such as: "Makes harvestable honey, offers beekeeping skill, negative outcomes include beesting Angry moodlets and a possible chance of death"

Every option that makes it to the Feature vote will be accompanied by what we call a "design blurb". This is essentially a short design - just a few sentences long - that explains what we want to accomplish with the feature.

It's important to note that not everything from this list will be included in the Feature vote. In a brainstorm there's no wrong answer or bad suggestion, so we write down whatever anyone proposes. From there, we'll narrow down the list based on a number of factors... community feedback, scope, complexity, risk, market/region feasibility, etc. Only the features that make it through that initial culling will have design blurbs written for them.

I'd love to see some examples later of what sort of reasons caused some things to drop off the list!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I love the idea of the pottery wheel or sewing, but I don't see how they could be added to a stuff pack because I'd expect them to be produce new clothes and objects- pots, plates, cases, etc for the pottery wheel and clothes, quilts, stuffed animals, etc for the sewing machine. Just as simgurugraham said that beekeeping wouldn't work because we'd expect associated content, I don't see how sewing or pottery would work.

That said, I think content like laundry, solar panels, and even chicken coops would be ideal for stuff packs because they don't require any new clothing or objects to go with them (although if they added laundry without laundry hampers that would be quite odd).
  • Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    chicken coop? Yes I want but what and how does it has anything to do with Eco? Can we have an entire pack focus and dedicated to farming please, so that this can be exclude from the list? Can't wait for the next vote.

The Sims Game
  • GeopheryGeophery Posts: 18 Member
    What I would like to see:

1. Solar panels
    2. Solar Tiles (both with bill reduction built in)
    3. Park Ranger Career (already NPC job no need for uniforms just a rehash from OR)
    4. Composting (That can be USED as fertilizer not just a retextured garbage can)
    5. Laundry (HE Machines)

(Not Listed but)
    6. GEO-THERMAL HEATING w/ bill reduction (don't all live in California. Gets cold in Manitoba)

my two nickles worth
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Freegans!
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jotajejejotajeje Posts: 162 Member
    edited June 2017
    Nectar making & Nectar fridge! I've had an amused time making nectar in The Sims 3 World Adventure!

As I like when our sims can create new stuff... I also like jam making, floral arrangements, sewing machine... There's a lot of good stuff there!
  • GiorgiGiorgi Posts: 44 Member
    omg servo :D
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Can we have them all please? So many choices.... *goes off to ponder*
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.