Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the Sims Medieval got another chance

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I always love making a King that thinks he way better then everyone and he is always disgusted with his kingdoms surroundings.

I played Henry VIII a few times, off with their heads! He went to the Jacoban priest to get a divorce and it wasn't granted so he built a Peteran church so he could get his divorces. lol Anyone who didn't agree with him went to the stocks, the pit, and or challenged to a duel. (His knight etc.) I sure took a long time to finish quests because he was too busy ruling :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I always love making a King that thinks he way better then everyone and he is always disgusted with his kingdoms surroundings.

I played Henry VIII a few times, off with their heads! He went to the Jacoban priest to get a divorce and it wasn't granted so he built a Peteran church so he could get his divorces. lol Anyone who didn't agree with him went to the stocks, the pit, and or challenged to a duel. (His knight etc.) I sure took a long time to finish quests because he was too busy ruling :D

I did that too! It was so much fun.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

That sounds hilarious.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited January 2018
    Add me to the camp that would love to see it get another shot! The only things I would change would be to allow for regular generational play (like be able to play with other member of the family, add in more quests that the other family members can do, let them age like normal sims, etc.) and for the builders allow the building of our own buildings. Building our own castles would be so much fun. And they could have pre-made options to place for the non-builders like me. Aside from that, I didn't mind the quest play or anything else. I loved everything else about the game. I just really think the lack of family gameplay and building really killed it for some. To see them give it another shot in Sims 4 design would be phenomenal.

Editing to add: I'm actually playing it right now as I post this :) My monarch is completing the crab bandit quest.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    a_niles06 wrote: »
    Add me to the camp that would love to see it get another shot! The only things I would change would be to allow for regular generational play (like be able to play with other member of the family, add in more quests that the other family members can do, let them age like normal sims, etc.) and for the builders allow the building of our own buildings. Building our own castles would be so much fun. And they could have pre-made options to place for the non-builders like me. Aside from that, I didn't mind the quest play or anything else. I loved everything else about the game. I just really think the lack of family gameplay and building really killed it for some. To see them give it another shot in Sims 4 design would be phenomenal.

Editing to add: I'm actually playing it right now as I post this :) My monarch is completing the crab bandit quest.

All of this, plus add a better camera and camera controls, more clothes and weapons would be nice too. :)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I thought the concept for sims medieval was cool, but it was very repetitive and I got bored of it. They could try it again but I don’t think that type of game really works as a simulation game imo.
  • JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    It could work if it were open like the normal Sims game. I think the closest we got to a medieval period simulation game was the Guild series.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited January 2018
    I thought the concept for sims medieval was cool, but it was very repetitive and I got bored of it. They could try it again but I don’t think that type of game really works as a simulation game imo.
    I have always had trouble to see any of the Sims games (maybe with TS1 as the only exception though) as a real simulation game anyway because the Sims games have instead become fantasy games about an easy life without real death and with friendly supernaturals and resurrections included. So to me the Sims games are now more dream games about a nice fantasy world where nothing really bad can happen ;)
  • Nita90Nita90 Posts: 17 Member
    This game could have been so popular and successful if just a little more effort had been put into it :( Despite the good concept, the magical design and the excellent humour, in the era of the Sims 3, Sims 1- like solutions were bound to provoke dissatisfaction from players. I mean, missing building walls and a virtually unusable default camera? Children aging up only after the death of the parents? No real family and building mode? No wonder the game was a failure! And when they finally come up with an expansion pack, it was not about giving us a new kingdom design and/or new territories and buildings, not about starting dynasties and enhancing the family aspect of the game, not about including horses, dragons or other animals, not about including seasons - no, instead we got pirates... This hurts because this is my absolute favourite sims game and I still like to play form time to time, and I wish it still got updates and expansions regularly and had a solid player base. Well, I am afraid the game will not get a new chance in any form, despite all the potential it has/had. :(
  • Maniac4uManiac4u Posts: 51 Member
    I literally just went back to it right now because I only now started watching GOT since I wasn't interested before so now it gave me that "man I want to play sims medieval" feeling lol and for as long as I've had this game (since it came out) I still haven't completed the entire circle. Having to replay the same thing over and over got really boring but like many of you, I wish they would come back to it and create expansions and a lot more game play. I also wish they would do another Castaway but like the ps2 version where you actually have to physically gather food and resources, not like the PC version where they just disappear for their day job.
  • andrevivey92andrevivey92 Posts: 30 Member
    I think we need a sims medieval game that is similar to Sims 3 in play style. That is to say you can have children and all of them can grow up...not just the ones that take up your profession when you die.

It would be nice to build a monarch family with a king and queen and have children and things. Also having marriages be something that improve relations between states would be nice. And instead of the previous setup where you have to start a new game and play the same old quests, it would be nice to build a continuous kingdom. I want something truly reflective of feudal societies.

And I like the legacy idea posed by @SterreJana

I really like Game of Thrones and would love to do something similar in the Sims.
    TNhwLG.jpg

• SimsMagsterSimsMagster Posts: 2 New Member
    I think if we had a new sims medieval with the look of sims 4 a lot of people would play it. And I agree with different layouts for the kingdoms and online stuff. I am a medieval junkie and would die for another
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I think if we had a new sims medieval with the look of sims 4 a lot of people would play it. And I agree with different layouts for the kingdoms and online stuff. I am a medieval junkie and would die for another

I agree somewhat. But I think that the way we can form the Sims in The Sims Medieval is unique and suits the game.
  • pxelskiespxelskies Posts: 1,064 Member
    Although I don't play the game all the time (I tend to play the game A LOT for a few weeks in a row, then stop playing for 6+ months), I still really love the game! And it looks like I've got a bit of an unpopular opinion: I actually like the fact that the game doesn't focus on building and family life. That's an odd thing for me to say, because I love playing legacies in the other Sims games, and building the perfect house for them. I also don't really play any other games besides the Sims, so it's not like I'm usually into the whole idea of one main character. But in the Sims Medieval, I somehow really enjoy focusing on just one character.

I personally don't really like the idea of a TS4 version of Medieval, though. I love the way Medieval looks and I just don't think it would work with the style of TS4. The Sims have a unique style in the game, so I'd prefer if they kept that style. But I'm afraid we'll never see an update or similar game. Which is a shame, because it's such a gorgeous, fun game, with a lovely sense of humour and so much potential.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    MrJessXD wrote: »
    It just needs some tweaking.. like more freedom to customise the kingdom and be able to control the heros offspring so that they can take over when they pass on. Id love to see medieval sims 4 but it won't happen because unfortuanly not many people liked tsm :disappointed:

It's not the games fault.. It seems most players don't like change.. so much so that they demand the same expansion packs each time round... sigh :tired_face:

ShimRod made a lot of mods for The Sims Medieval, but their link to his/her site is long gone. Maybe someone over at MTS can ask if they ever uploaded them to a site where they are still preserved and or if he/she knows of any such mod to let you control the kids in the hero's family.

I would link from MTS some mods others may want (they are found in a list not in DL category) but they have mods in that list that can't be linked here. But maybe one of them (2011) made such a mod, I don't know.

I tried downloading a couple mods for Sims Medieval, but never could get them to work. Oh well, they had said they were untested with TSM when released.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Lunia_NorisiLunia_Norisi Posts: 26 New Member
    I LOVE Sims Medieval <3 I would love it to be given another chance.
  • nottasinger17nottasinger17 Posts: 112 Member
    I could definitely get into a new Sims Medieval. Either something a nice up grade that uses the look of TS4 or something new. I think if the gurus were to do a survey on twitter and/or on this forum then they will officially know wither or not it's worth the time and effort to make this happen. I still enjoy TSM and would really love something more from that avenue if it was to happen.
    You are your true best friend in the end.
    ~~~Lala B~~~
    Origin ID:Lalababy21
    tumblr_l7xdgl_Pmc61qzqmk9o1_400.gif
  • Mistress_LuxaMistress_Luxa Posts: 62 Member
    The Sims Medieval is one of my favorite sims games honestly. I wish they had done more with it but I would also love to see it updated with sims 4-style graphics (or at least more customization options)
    funny-cat-gif-2.gif
  • ReneeDawn1ReneeDawn1 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope Sims Medieval get another shot that can be more Game of Thrones. With careers and ambitions like sims 4 but with horses and dragons. Careers such as royal advisor, blacksmith, Soldier, farmer, artist, healer, fisherman. Ambitions like greatous ruler or tyrant, warrior or well-known merchant. Game of Thrones was such a hit and the Sims Medieval is ancient and deserves an update; even the sims 3 got a little medieval with the dragons and archary.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I think a lot of Dragon Valley and Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire content was spun off from TSM development, as in its very initial conception, TSM was intended as a TS3 expansion, but soon diverged enough to become a stand-alone title.

A Song of Ice and Fire is really far too grim for The Sims, IMO, even in its HBO adaptation format. The degree of combat (up to fatal duels) that we have is probably about as dark as TSM needs to get. Note that they had to humorize executions (a historic Medieval reality) with the Pit Beast to include them. The pillory was otherwise as harsh as punishments get - no heads on spikes, no flayed men, no red weddings, etc. And I am fine with that.
  • leefishleefish Posts: 15 Member
    I thought the concept for sims medieval was cool, but it was very repetitive and I got bored of it.
  • HistoricKiwiHistoricKiwi Posts: 63 Member
    I would much prefer another historical time period we can play in.. perhaps one that is not driven by quests either.
    If not that, then The Sims Medieval would need a HUGE revamp in order to re-attract players.
  • RamofMerryDeathRamofMerryDeath Posts: 22 Member
    I would love another medieval-type game.. but maybe one that felt less.. grindy. I always felt like I was redoing things all the time in the old game, although I absolutely LOVED the quest system, the daily tasks thing was... meh. Especially the bard one that required you to use certain themes (when themes were annoying to go fetch.. easily took as long as the actual quest).

Actually, any "historical" sims game would be cool to me, as long as it had those quest-like elements. The writing for the game was just phenomenal. TSM was very very laggy on my computer, so I never played as much as it as I wanted to (getting back into it now), and it's still... the framerate gets pretty bad compares to TS2 and TS4. TS3 has the same issues.

I think a game looking more like TS4, better optimized, in a more attractive time period might sell a lot better too.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    I would love a revamp of Medieval.It had so much potential.For now I just play my Sims 3 in a medieval style, I didn't like the quest driven aspect either.Like I love to tell stories and love having like the king fall for a commoner etc.But Medieval felt so limited to me.
  • rabidgummibearrabidgummibear Posts: 79 Member
    Yes, this game deserves another chance. If the Sims could bridge the gap between life simulator and traditional RPG, it could create an entirely new immersive genre. Add in multiplayer and netplay capabilities and you literally have a new game phenomenon.