Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

a few parenthood questions

just curious about something. i remember reading that just because a parent asked a teen/child won't necessarily do what was asked. so my question is this:

does the sin parent have to be at a certain parenting level for the kid/teen to do what was asked?

i had two different families, both with a teen. the teen in each was asked to clean up the dishes. neither of them did it. finally in the second home i had the parent yell at the teen for not listening. then i noticed an option that said "force teen to..." and the option to was dishes popped up. the mom in this household is like level 4/5 parenting (admittedly i'm not sure which) whereas mom in the other is like level 2/3.

Comments

• Options
    FalyniosFalynios Posts: 298 Member
    you kind of answered your own question but yes at a certain level you can have the kids do what you ask without fail.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    ok. i just wasn't 100% sure because she would do the homework, and set the table with the influence interaction but not the wash dishes. so i switched over to another family with a teen. difference was no dirty dishes so i had time to level up the parent. and still the teen wouldn't do the dishes, until the parent started yelling. well now i know 100% and will no longer think something is wrong with my game
  • Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I think it has to do with relationship too. My dad forced and influenced his teen to do his homework and refused. Their red bare is almost filled. The dad has the hire skill but this son always ignores his requests. He does however listen to his mom whom he has a good relationship with even if her skill is lower.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    all the kids are good friends with their parents. even my rebel adolescent who doesn't do his homework
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I was wondering if I could piggy back on this thread and ask how the grounding works, in particular the curfew/no friends. If it's pass curfew or your sim parents say you can't leave the house, how does sneaking out work? Do you just walk pass them and head out the door with a negative moodlet saying "You are not suppose to be out" or something? If you invite friends over will the sim parent ask them to leave?