Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That single light bulb is NOT ECO friendly!!!!

Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
In fact in many places they are being eliminated because they waste a lot of electricity compared to the light they put out. So I find it ironic it is being offered in an ECO pack!!!!!

https://www.earthsfriends.com/cfl-vs-incandescent/

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Comments

• Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    True. But it looked cool, and it's perfect for grungy/film noir settings, so I voted for it.
    Maybe they could do versions of the light fixtures with the incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    Like @IngeJones said there are LED bulbs that would make that lamp very eco-friendly. I use LED bulbs in most of my lights and some that I can use an app to change color and intensity. They use much less energy than regular bulbs and offer new options for any lamp!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    Sonia016Sonia016 Posts: 482 Member
    I don't particularly like that plain looking light bulb so didn't vote for it; it's such a poor design.

The Sims Game
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    It's one of my most wanted items :p
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I absolutely love it! I can see my self using it a lot it has a grungy look to it and also you can buy fluorescent lights now that looks like that. I think the design is great and I voted for it.
    So that doesn't make it not Eco friendly.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hope we get it, voted for that one as well :)
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member
    Yo don't hate on the lightbulb. I love that lightbulb. I would marry that lightbulb.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    Yo don't hate on the lightbulb. I love that lightbulb. I would marry that lightbulb.

That lightbulb would have your babies. I hate to think what Sims 4 genetic algorithms would make of that! :P
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited May 2017

To have but not to hold until we both go out. Sorry!
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited May 2017
    True. But it looked cool, and it's perfect for grungy/film noir settings, so I voted for it.
    Maybe they could do versions of the light fixtures with the incandescent and fluorescent bulbs.

I think it would look cool for poor sims. If I had gotten to vote, it would've been one of my choices.

But ethically, OP is correct.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »

That lightbulb would have your babies. I hate to think what Sims 4 genetic algorithms would make of that! :P

At least we know they'd be bright.
    Thank you, I'll be here all week.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    I really hate to bring this up, but those compact fluorescent bulbs are actually the least eco friendly type of bulbs available. They contain plastic, circuitry and mercury, and must be disposed of like toxic waste.
    Also, the bulb in the concept art is an antique Edison bulb, not a regular incandescent. There's a number of original Edison bulbs in the world still working after over 100 years, and there's no denying the popularity of reproduction vintage bulbs in trendy decor these days.
  • Options
    PianoCollectorPianoCollector Posts: 108 Member
    kinot9229 wrote: »

Awesome, I can't wait to use the bulb in my sims homes. <3

• Options
    glorificaglorifica Posts: 258 Member
    yes. that lightbulb was the one object that i really loved out of all of them. i will be using it in my builds, it looks grungy and downtoearth to me.
    simming on through.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

To have but not to hold until we both go out. Sorry!

@DeservedCriticism Your lightbulb came top in the "light" division according to Graham. Have a look at his Twitter page.
  • Options
    VengefulBlueVengefulBlue Posts: 7 New Member
    yeah i mean, when i was a kid my light was just like that: a single bulb hanging from the ceiling. no table lamps, no floor lamps, just that one bulb. not having a shade makes it light everything better, and our electric cost about 1/2 as much as it does now. i'm excited to be able to recreate my childhood room. now if only there were bunkbeds and kids could share a single bed, it would be a perfect recreation.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited May 2017
    IT COULD BE ECO FRIENDLY, IF...

...all the money the company earns from selling this lamp gets donated to the exploration of green energy.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    MissTripsMissTrips Posts: 86 Member
    Oh wow, that light got top votes? Awesome! I've been wanting so much for that sort of cheap hanging light for backyard sheds, garages or attic spaces. And Eco living could also mean economy living, and that's as cheap as a light gets!
    1cf96556-e72a-4628-a805-602355bf82a0_zps9cde3287.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Glad to see the hanging bulb did well one of the things I voted for and actually really liked and I did not like much such ugly choices.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    No home made candles are cheaper.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    therealghostrider135therealghostrider135 Posts: 23 New Member
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > No home made candles are cheaper.

Maybe so but an LED Light bulb will still be the most ECO Friendly based on the whole renewable energy thing and that an LED unlike a candle does not give out carbon dioxide when its burnt (like a fossil fuel).
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    > @Writin_Reg said:
    > No home made candles are cheaper.

Maybe so but an LED Light bulb will still be the most ECO Friendly based on the whole renewable energy thing and that an LED unlike a candle does not give out carbon dioxide when its burnt (like a fossil fuel).

Oh I agree - I said that to start with - but the mercury complaints made me add about candles. LOL. I use nothing but eco LED bulbs myself. They last a good 10 years and offer better light for mere cents.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    But isn't there quite a high footprint in the production of LED bulbs?