Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nature and laundry etc.

I feel, Laundry would be suited to it's own pack, I feel that people are going to use Eco Friendly to just bring in Laundry.
I kind of wish that Eco friendly was a game pack, with features such as:
1. New furniture,
2. Laundry (a few items)
3. Some new technology
4. Nature based things, like Solar Panels, New plants and small Animals, new Style of Camping (build a shelter) living in small houses, allow to escape from Technology.
more than this
Post edited by DcD2510 on

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sorry op but in eco living i went laundry in that pack with washers and dryers
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    sorry op but in eco living i went laundry in that pack with washers and dryers
    That's ok, I'm hoping we get a few Eco items as well though
  • Options
    heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    @friendlysimmers washers and dryers aren't eco friendly. Laundry would be better suited in the family gamepack imo
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Eco friendly would have had a hard time winning the vote without laundry....that's the primary reason that a lot of people voted for it...not everyone but certainly a good number of people. Also, this is a stuff pack so there weren't be a ton of gamplay and interactive objects.
  • Options
    DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »
    Eco friendly would have had a hard time winning the vote without laundry....that's the primary reason that a lot of people voted for it...not everyone but certainly a good number of people. Also, this is a stuff pack so there weren't be a ton of gamplay and interactive objects.

I just hope it has solar panels and a trait for Eco friendly, and organic fruit and veg hopefully
  • Options
    wgu394wgu394 Posts: 45 Member
    I agree DcD2510. Eco implies that it would be more eco friendly.
    "All you need is the plan, the roadmap, and the courage to press on to your destination." Earl Nightingale
  • Options
    suninlibrasuninlibra Posts: 1 New Member
    I think at this point the problem is with the working title "eco friendly." Hopefully when we vote on the name of pack, there'll be some more options.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    suninlibra wrote: »
    I think at this point the problem is with the working title "eco friendly." Hopefully when we vote on the name of pack, there'll be some more options.
    Echo friendly is what it is about not laundry as much as many people want it. Personally, I hope they bring in washing boards, clothelines, and wringer washers. There are loads(excuse the pun) of ways to add washers/dryers to many packs, but it will be interesting to see what they give us for the main features of the pack that really have to do with being friendly to the environment. :)
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Nature + Laundry = grass stains.
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Echo friendly is what it is about not laundry as much as many people want it. Personally, I hope they bring in washing boards, clothelines, and wringer washers. There are loads(excuse the pun) of ways to add washers/dryers to many packs, but it will be interesting to see what they give us for the main features of the pack that really have to do with being friendly to the environment. :)

I think that if we had that many laundry options, there would be so many additional animations that the pack would have to be named "Wash Day."

It's a delicate balancing act. Sort of a spin-cycle between the laundry lovers and the environmental folks. Laundry had a lot to do with this pack getting picked, and we know that it's going to get the vast majority of votes. On the other hand, if they don't have all the different laundry actions, especially more eco-friendly ones, people are gonna complain.
    Well, even more than they usually do.

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    JimG72 wrote: »

I just hope it has solar panels and a trait for Eco friendly, and organic fruit and veg hopefully

It's a stuff pack. I don't see any of that making it into a SP. We'll get laundry (washer and dryer, likely one set, two if we get super lucky) and clothes and furniture. No traits, no new plants. That would be is if were a GP, but it's not.
  • Options
    yagwityagwit Posts: 118 Member
    Nature pack with pets and seasons.
  • Options
    KlttyWhiskersKlttyWhiskers Posts: 10 New Member
    I really want seasons back!!!
  • Options
    Nature + Laundry = grass stains.
    davina1221 wrote: »

I think that if we had that many laundry options, there would be so many additional animations that the pack would have to be named "Wash Day."

It's a delicate balancing act. Sort of a spin-cycle between the laundry lovers and the environmental folks. Laundry had a lot to do with this pack getting picked, and we know that it's going to get the vast majority of votes. On the other hand, if they don't have all the different laundry actions, especially more eco-friendly ones, people are gonna complain.
    Well, even more than they usually do.

I wouldn't say laundry would get the vast majority of votes. When you add the dangerous stuff votes which almost beat eco living with all the other votes for the other options and then add in the people who voted environmental then the majority could very well swing away. It very well could be why people voted, but now that vote includes all the other simmers(the majority) who voted for something besides eco plus the environmental ones who wants true eco. It is a new ballgame regardless of what it started out as. If they add something cool like canning over picking up clothes and having a chore then I really think that people are going to pick canning. I would never pick laundry unless the other ideas were horrible and clotheslines/wash boards/wringer washers were offered, however, I don't think the other ideas will be horrible.

I do agree with your statement that it is a balancing act and that may be why they confirmed that laundry would be a choice, but they never mentioned machines and the guru was quick to say it wouldn't be added unless it won. That ends the balancing act, because the vote is what counts and in the end, I think those who want true eco will pick something besides laundry if old timey laundry isn't the choice. Personally, I can't wait to see what the choices are. Planting is one of the main parts of my playing style and if canning is offered and nothing else is better than that, then that is what I will choose. People have been asking for that since the early days of Sims 3. Whatever wins, I hope it stays with eco and country and that it is really cool. :)

Also: that isn't to say that I wouldn't want laundry both contemporary and country, but it should fit the pack it is put in. At some point I would like it as additions to the game. I asked repeatedly for country types of laundry choices in the Sims 3 forums for years, which spans back six years or more. It isn't something I'm opposed to, but when given a choice for something else, it isn't as needful to me. If instead of eco, we were working on a laundry pack period, then I would want the clotheslines/wash boards/wringer washers along with the stackable combo, poor machines and rich looking ones alone with various baskets, roller clothes collector, and clothes sack that stands. It would also be neat if they made you buy detergent. I could see a gamepack of this and adding a grocery store where sims bought stuff instead of it appearing out of the blue. A shopping community/laundry mat type of hood would be really awesome and something I would want. I really miss grocery stores. :)

• Options
    DcD2510 wrote: »
    I feel, Laundry would be suited to it's own pack, I feel that people are going to use Eco Friendly to just bring in Laundry.
    I kind of wish that Eco friendly was a game pack, with features such as:
    1. New furniture,
    2. Laundry (a few items)
    3. Some new technology
    4. Nature based things, like Solar Panels, New plants and small Animals, new Style of Camping (build a shelter) living in small houses, allow to escape from Technology.
    more than this

I would love new plants & build a shelter. I don't think they will add any new plants to the Eco living, but if they did, that would be an awesome surprise. <3