Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundromat as a feature for laundry?

So we'll be voting for this stuff pack's gameplay soon and we know laundry will be one of the options. This got me thinking: will we get laundromats as a new venue type if laundry indeed wins? If laundry is in this stuff pack, this would be our only chance to get laundromats, and I'd be disappointed if laundromats never make into TS4.

Here are some points against laundry:
  • Graham stated they didn't want to make bowling alley as a separate venue type because players are running out of space. The same could be said for laundromat.

My counterpoint: laundromats are completely an optional feature, just like they were in TS3. Players don't need to place down a laundromat if they don't have the space for it.

• The stuff pack doesn't have the supporting assets (objects and decor) needed for laundromats.

My counterpoint: laundromats don't really need any special supporting assets. As long as you have laundry machines you can build a laundromat with just base game items. It isn't even necessary for Masix to build a pre-built laundromat.

• Laundromats are not interesting, gameplay-wise. Who wants to go through a loading screen, just to do some laundry?

My counterpoint: laundromats aren't just for laundry. It provides an interesting place to meet new Sims and catch up with other Sims, with completely different dynamics than say, a bar or a cafe. For me, it's interesting just to see different Sims come and go doing their laundry. It gives a strong sense that Sims in the neighborhood all live their own lives, even the ones I don't play.

• Laundromats require additional work/resources from their part that could be used to make laundry itself better.

My counterpoint: a new lot type itself is trivial to make. The only concern is that when they first develop the laundry system, they need to make it so that different Sims can carry their own laundry. This would allow individual Sims to bring their own laundry to a laundromat, and NPC Sims can also do laundry on their own.
qidpmcvgek8y.png

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I will place washers and dryers in my builds that I place in the gallery for those who like them, but I will probably never play with them myself. Now a Laundromat is a different story. I love Laundromats and want them to be a part of any laundry pack. Plus, I can rebuild a past favorite, Bubbles and Pins, a bowling alley Laundromat all in one. A great place to clean your jeans and meet the sim of your dreams.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2017
    I've been wondering about this as well. I hope so. I want laundromats. I've put up a poll on Twitter asking simmers if they want them. Still 23 hrs to vote.
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I don't really mind either way.