Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

when will the vote to add washers and dryers in sims4 will be?

hello to all i would like to know when the vote to add washers and dryers in the sims4 will be because for me i find it important to have this feature in game and for my sims to be able to do laundry

Thank you
If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(

Comments

• enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    @friendlysimmers

June 23-26 is when the gameplay feature will be voted on. All the dates are on the blog here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/objects-clothing-vote
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    hello to all i would like to know when the vote to add washers and dryers in the sims4 will be because for me i find it important to have this feature in game and for my sims to be able to do laundry

Thank you
    @friendlysimmers

June 23-26 is when the gameplay feature will be voted on. All the dates are on the blog here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/objects-clothing-vote

However, I am not aware of any guarantee that this feature will be gauranteed to be included in this vote, regardless, of whether or not it was included in the summary description for eco living originally. Plus, the feature would have to be one of the most requested over the other options available too. So, I must respectfully say that you should curb your excitement for that particular feature until it is both included in the vote and we hear that it wins and will be included.
  • JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    However, I am not aware of any guarantee that this feature will be gauranteed to be included in this vote, regardless, of whether or not it was included in the summary description for eco living originally. Plus, the feature would have to be one of the most requested over the other options available too. So, I must respectfully say that you should curb your excitement for that particular feature until it is both included in the vote and we hear that it wins and will be included.

Yeah, SimGuruGraham tweeted a response to this question a few days ago and said laundry will be one of the gameplay voting options:

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'm sure laundry will win and I sure hope it does.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    june 23 make sure to vote for laundry laundry must win and be added in the sims4 its a must
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    JimG72 wrote: »

Yeah, SimGuruGraham tweeted a response to this question a few days ago and said laundry will be one of the gameplay voting options:

Then let's hope it wins.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Since machines aren't eco friendly, I hope they offer clothes lines, a washing board, or wringer washers. All of those stay within the boundries of both eco and country.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I still don't understand how laundry is eco friendly... the power those things take up is huge!
    21mbz47.jpg
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Not to mention how terrible laundry detergent is for the environment.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
    edited June 2017
    We need to make some badges saying vote laundry!
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Other than watching paint dry and doing accounting, I can't think of anything more dull than laundry. This game needs things that will enliven game play, not deaden it, and the coffin lid is almost fully nailed down as it is!
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I honestly have no problems with laundry itself. I have problems with it for this specific pack
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I honestly have no problems with laundry itself. I have problems with it for this specific pack

Me too unless it is hand washing and dryer racks and clothes lines.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Why don't people understand that the title is just a working title and is going to change? The only concrete idea they listed for this theme was laundry. If laundry doesn't win it's still going to be hugely popular.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Simanite wrote: »

Why don't people understand that the title is just a working title and is going to change?
    Because it's not about the title, but the theme and feel of the pack.

Most everything about the pack now and the concept game-play ideas have to do with eco-friendly/eco-living themes. And laundry doesn't fit any longer now that the theme is stronger after clothing and object selection. The chosen theme was Eco-Living: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/news/sims-4-community-pack-style
    The only concrete idea they listed for this theme was laundry. If laundry doesn't win it's still going to be hugely popular.
    Laundry was not the only concrete idea listed for this theme. It was 1 of a number of concept ideas for this pack. There were no concrete ideas listed, because they were all conceptual.

And now, there's an even larger list of concept ideas:
    The list, as it says in the tweet, will be narrowed down further for the vote. But as you can see; laundry isn't the only thing on the list.
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member
    edited June 2017
    I don't get the whole laundry thing, anyway! I mean, what's the point? What is so wonderful about doing laundry anywhere..: even in the sims? Sheesh!

Edit to add: I don't intend to sound mean or to step on anyone's toes. Just..., laundry? Really?
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

Zarriel wrote: »
    I don't get the whole laundry thing, anyway! I mean, what's the point? What is so wonderful about doing laundry anywhere..: even in the sims? Sheesh!

Edit to add: I don't intend to sound mean or to step on anyone's toes. Just..., laundry? Really?

Yeah but that's YOUR opinion. Just because you can't see any merit in laundry doesn't mean anyone else can't/shouldn't. I don't understand why people would want certain features, but I don't ridicule their opinion or try to tell them it's wrong. I want laundry so I will be voting for laundry, you want a different feature so you will be voting for that feature.
  • IzzabelleIzzabelle Posts: 153 Member
    Yeah but that's YOUR opinion. Just because you can't see any merit in laundry doesn't mean anyone else can't/shouldn't. I don't understand why people would want certain features, but I don't ridicule their opinion or try to tell them it's wrong. I want laundry so I will be voting for laundry, you want a different feature so you will be voting for that feature.
    But you actually do ridicule their opinion. Here's a quote from another thread
    IT IS A LAUNDRY PACK AS MUCH AS IT IS AN ECO PACK. WHAT GAMEPLAY WE VOTE FOR WILL DETERMINE WHAT THIS PACK IS. AND I WILL LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH WHEN MY PRECIOUS LAUNDRY WINS.
    And another
    Thanks for highlighting the 21st century's selfish mentality. YOU think something so everyone else should think the same way, it's not fun to you so everyone else should wait.
    Pretty much definition toxic behavior.

Yeah but that's YOUR opinion. Just because you can't see any merit in laundry doesn't mean anyone else can't/shouldn't.
    True, but @Zarriel didn't say that other people can't or shouldn't vote for it; just that they can't see why someone would.

But, as I've attempted to gather from you in other threads, would you care to elaborate what merit(s) YOU see in laundry that everyone opposed to it is apparently missing?
    ZU6MUcP.gif
  • ZarrielZarriel Posts: 475 Member

First off, I had no intention of offending you or anyone else. I didn't say my opinion was the right one...it is, after all... as you so vehemently pointed out.... my opinion and only that. I was not ridiculing you for your opinion. However, you sure were quick to ridicule mine. I was only trying to see what is so fascinating about doing laundry? Nuff said.
    Origin ID:
    coollogo_com-31276450_zps25ba3967.png

• Meegie1977Meegie1977 Posts: 224 Member

@Zarriel used the word *I* so it was pretty obvious it was their opinion. You need to not take the opinions of others so personally. Have a good day!
  • FKM100FKM100 Posts: 886 Member
    For those of us who want laundry in the game, it's not because we think laundry is an exciting activity in itself. It's because laundry -- and housework generally -- are a part of real life and, because the Sims is a life simulation game, we want our sim's lives to resemble our own a little more closely. Plus a lot of us want to see our sims doing more homely stuff, as opposed to going out on dates, dancing, dining, bowling, etc. These activities can be fun, but many of us are looking for more activities to flesh out our sims' home lives. It doesn't necessarily start and end with laundry, though. For myself, I would love to see canning, bee-keeping, pottery and chicken-keeping in the game every bit as much as I want laundry.
  • enzopenguinenzopenguin Posts: 21 New Member
    I agree @FKM100 ! I like anything that adds realism to the game, and laundry is a fact of life. I also like how it could make the game slightly more difficult which would make it more interesting.
  • SexyBudz420SexyBudz420 Posts: 8 New Member
    i hope it wins i would love a brand new wash and dryer to add to my sims household it would be cute to pick up after say ur messy kids or spouse do a load :)
    FKM100 wrote: »
    For those of us who want laundry in the game, it's not because we think laundry is an exciting activity in itself. It's because laundry -- and housework generally -- are a part of real life and, because the Sims is a life simulation game, we want our sim's lives to resemble our own a little more closely. Plus a lot of us want to see our sims doing more homely stuff, as opposed to going out on dates, dancing, dining, bowling, etc. These activities can be fun, but many of us are looking for more activities to flesh out our sims' home lives. It doesn't necessarily start and end with laundry, though. For myself, I would love to see canning, bee-keeping, pottery and chicken-keeping in the game every bit as much as I want laundry.

Absolutely!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2017
    In a game where we teleport to travel anywhere, and children magically vanish off their front porch to go to their non-existant school from a cheatcode purchased house that never has to do any kind of shopping,never mind buy or make the clothing, you want to wash - you see washing this magically gained clothing a main directive and a basis of more realistic play in the midst of this obviously magical Sims world?

Amazing.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....