Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Expanding existing game features

I just had a few ideas I wanted to toss around. I'd love to hear yours, too.

This pack seems like it would be a good segway to formally introduce the PlantSim as a new Supernatural life state- perhaps with the added benefit of switching between supernatural and human forms.

Adding a relationship bar to the cowplant and being able to name it could open up some interesting possibilities. Perhaps after a certain point, you could train the cowplant's behavior and nurture it until it effectively becomes immortal.

Trash can functionality could be expanded to account for recycling. That could also tie into household bills and moodlets. Perhaps instead of throwing away trash, Sims could even craft objects like junk sculptures to increase handiness. Another idea would be to turn spoiled food into compost or fertilizer for gardening. If you really wanted to take it up a step, how about a trash collector NPC that exhibits certain attitudes towards Sims' waste-disposal habits?

Anyway, that's just what I had in mind. I'm curious to hear other thoughts about how existing game functionality can be changed with this pack.

Post edited by Gozeppelin on

Comments

• BriettaniMichaelBriettaniMichael Posts: 18 Member
    I love the idea of recycling and composting.
  • AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    We kind of already have recycling and plant sims. So, I'm not sure how much more they'll get into those ideas.
  • DcD2510DcD2510 Posts: 646 Member
    Yay for composting, I feel Eco friendly could have been a Game Pack, may be instead of 2-3 gameplay objects we might have 4-5/5-6, hopefully.
  • MerkinsprinklesMerkinsprinkles Posts: 10 New Member
    Where are the bunkbeds? Why are there still no bunkbeds?
  • MerkinsprinklesMerkinsprinkles Posts: 10 New Member
    Oh yeah, and why you no have much grungy stuff? I need better items for a trashy house.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I like your Ideas about the cow plant
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Where are the bunkbeds? Why are there still no bunkbeds?
    Oh yeah, and why you no have much grungy stuff? I need better items for a trashy house.

I agree 100%, but since they have nothing to do with being kind to the environment, we probably won't get too many of those items. Personally, I would love some items for poor sims; I know a lot of simmers would. :)
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    My poor sims go to the flea market. Needless to say all they could afford so far was lots of lights. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LouciferLoucifer Posts: 199 Member
    Bunk Beds (loft beds) spiral stairs and ty for fixing the buy menu now u can see how ur buying Still miss guitar battle with Grim (maybe violin battle like CDB song hehe) and why do the shops close and reopen in different place in the common pain in the but if it move before your Sim gets there, late gotta wait then find it again lol (closet perfectionist sorry) Would rather have Witches than Plant Sims miss werewolves could do zombies that can turn Sims into zombie (gotta have a cure or time limit like the plant Sim challenge) OMG sorry for th rant :D
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny
    Thomas Jefferson (3rd US President)
    edited May 2017
    spiral stairs are not Eco - they are expensive. Eco builds like ladders though. Also eoc living may give you floor pallet bed. cots, trundle bed, and milk crate beds - but I highly doubt bunk beds. Eco living is more inclined to offer family beds and beds close to the floor to stay near heat sources. or couches that turn to beds or sleeping bags on pallets in a low loft maybe. Eco living is not really space savers kind of things but more akin to gathering together and open concept.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    spiral stairs are not Eco - they are expensive. Eco builds like ladders though. Also eoc living may give you floor pallet bed. cots, trundle bed, and milk crate beds - but I highly doubt bunk beds. Eco living is more inclined to offer family beds and beds close to the floor to stay near heat sources. or couches that turn to beds or sleeping bags on pallets in a low loft maybe. Eco living is not really space savers kind of things but more akin to gathering together and open concept.

I personally disagree with your definition of eco. Things that take up less space means smaller houses are possible, which means less heat, electricity, water, AC, etc is needed to fulfill a houses needs. Plus more families can live in the same amount of space as a normal house would take up as a house made with space saving items like bunk beds, spiral staircases, and ladders means smaller houses per family. Think tiny houses and such. For example, in sims land a spiral staircase and ladders take up one space to get from one floor to the next instead of several spaces like the normal staircases. Bunk beds can take up the space of one bed rather than the space of two. In fact in some state they have these eco friendly living spaces where you can stay and they call each area a pod. They have beds with TVs over them and some can even convert into desks. So, these items are eco friendly because they conserve or "reduce" the amount of resources needed. Think the whole recycle, reuse, reduce motto. So, while pallet beds and such recycle or reuse resources, that doesn't mean that bunk beds and such don't count because they are part of the reduce part of that whole mantra.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    Gozeppelin wrote: »
    Adding a relationship bar to the cowplant and being able to name it could open up some interesting possibilities. Perhaps after a certain point, you could train the cowplant's behavior and nurture it until it effectively becomes immortal.

Yes! And it would be awesome if the cowplant could move around the lot. It would also be cool if older cowplants could have some added bonuses to plants that are on your lot.

I love cowplants and always feed and play with them, they are basically part of my sims family. I rarely ever let cowplants die.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
    edited May 2017

I personally disagree with your definition of eco. Things that take up less space means smaller houses are possible, which means less heat, electricity, water, AC, etc is needed to fulfill a houses needs. Plus more families can live in the same amount of space as a normal house would take up as a house made with space saving items like bunk beds, spiral staircases, and ladders means smaller houses per family. Think tiny houses and such. For example, in sims land a spiral staircase and ladders take up one space to get from one floor to the next instead of several spaces like the normal staircases. Bunk beds can take up the space of one bed rather than the space of two. In fact in some state they have these eco friendly living spaces where you can stay and they call each area a pod. They have beds with TVs over them and some can even convert into desks. So, these items are eco friendly because they conserve or "reduce" the amount of resources needed. Think the whole recycle, reuse, reduce motto. So, while pallet beds and such recycle or reuse resources, that doesn't mean that bunk beds and such don't count because they are part of the reduce part of that whole mantra.

I live in Maine - the heart of ECO woodsy living and one of the few states left where eco living is actually allowed. We eat, sleep and breath Eco living - you can go for miles without seeing cities in Maines vast wilderness. I know what real eco living is like - see it every where here and in New Hampshire too. We don't pretend to live that life style we actually live it. It's not like renting a cabin in the woods for vacation, but building and surviving from nothing. But even eco living we still have building codes and minimum lot sizes - which is about 2 and a half acres and up,(they actually prefer you to have 10 acres and to keep most of that 10 acres unchanged and unbuilt on - in order to build anything to live on. No trailers either. The government still limits the number of residents you have in the woods even if you choose a parcel of land in the midst of no mans land. Much of the land is part of the National Forest and you have to adhere to certain specs and such. Often you can't burn wood or have any type of open fires because you live in the deep forests, California style huge Windmills are also not allowed in lots of woodsy areas - they make a racket for one (they scare wildlife - fish and game tells you - you are the intruders and respect that) and for two way too many tall trees. We have a 30 foot height limit with few exceptions. You are not allowed to chop down the trees or build in the trees. You down a tree, forestry wants one planted and they get ugly about it. It's not the 1800's or even the 60's. No more communes and no clear cutting. Government regulation can be a huge thorn in your side.

But of course this is a game you are talking about and not real life like I am talking about. I realize that of course.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

I live in Maine - the heart of ECO woodsy living and one of the few states left where eco living is actually allowed. We eat, sleep and breath Eco living - you can go for miles without seeing cities in Maines vast wilderness. I know what real eco living is like - see it every where here and in New Hampshire too. We don't pretend to live that life style we actually live it. It's not like renting a cabin in the woods for vacation, but building and surviving from nothing. But even eco living we still have building codes and minimum lot sizes - which is about 2 and a half acres and up,(they actually prefer you to have 10 acres and to keep most of that 10 acres unchanged and unbuilt on - in order to build anything to live on. No trailers either. The government still limits the number of residents you have in the woods even if you choose a parcel of land in the midst of no mans land. Much of the land is part of the National Forest and you have to adhere to certain specs and such. Often you can't burn wood or have any type of open fires because you live in the deep forests, California style huge Windmills are also not allowed in lots of woodsy areas - they make a racket for one (they scare wildlife - fish and game tells you - you are the intruders and respect that) and for two way too many tall trees. We have a 30 foot height limit with few exceptions. You are not allowed to chop down the trees or build in the trees. You down a tree, forestry wants one planted and they get ugly about it. It's not the 1800's or even the 60's. No more communes and no clear cutting. Government regulation can be a huge thorn in your side.

But of course this is a game you are talking about and not real life like I am talking about. I realize that of course.

Not sure what that has to do with what I said. However, I can see how maybe you might be getting at the whole having to have larger land where you live? Cities are always going to be cities, though, and people will always need somewhere to live. I'm just saying that is you are going to have dense living spaces why not have them be smaller and more efficient so that there is more room for parks. Kind of like if you had enough space to build 100 tiny homes that are eco friendly with plenty of room for parks and such or you can have larger homes that are eco friendly but take up two to ten times as much room as the tiny homes, but you can't give as many people homes and there is no room for parks, forest, etc. which one would be the better option? That's all I was saying. I do think it's neat that you're hometown is trying to preserve the land and the trees and such.
    edited May 2017
    AutumnBladen

It's not our choice here - it's government regulations for the whole state. 90 percent of Maine is forrested with the other 10 percent is beaches. They whole state has serious rules regarding land use. You could say the whole state is a big wilderness park. Maine is the largest of the New England states yet our entire population is only 1.3 million. Tons of forest - even the Harbor cities we have are encroached on all sides with forest. No matter where you go in Maine you see forest and they are very much protected.

Those Tiny houses you speak of - well in many states building them as individual living facilities year round is against the law - no matter how great we all think the idea is - many states do not allow it. Maine does allow the little houses as long as they all meet code - but no matter how logical it sounds to you to place grouping of those together - the law forbids that for regular people. The states can do that - but they do not allow individuals to do that. You can have your tiny house - in some areas but not groupings of them. As lots have to be pretty big here to building any house on. Just the way it is now a days.

Besides all that this state is not my "home State" nor is the town my home town. My hometown is Jacksonville Beach Florida - I just live in Maine now - that's all.

Also Maine is called The Pine Tree State and believe me the pinetrees have priority.

Also no matter how great the idea is of tiny houses - very few states in the USA allow people building them and living in the year round. Even the few states that do allow them - their are strict laws and guidelines concerning them. As see:

https://www.curbed.com/2016/9/22/13002832/tiny-house-zoning-laws-regulations

But enough about this state where I live - as that is reality and we are talking a game last I knew. But even in this game I highly doubt they will give us 10 house - lots either, as each lot still has an 8 sim limit no matter how many little houses you put on it - only 8 sims can live on that lot.

In dreams - I LIVE!