Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is happening with the forums?

GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
It appears EA/Maxis has changed the format of the forum and It is more confusing than helpful.
Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    They have basically inconvenienced us forum PC players of The Sims in favor of their new Sims mobile game coming out.

Whereas The Sims mobile has all of its forum categories nicely laid out right on the front page of the forum, the categories we usually post in are all buried in multiple sections we have to annoyingly click extra to access. General Discussion was even absurdly renamed to "Social Corner."

So, it's EA being EA, more or less.
  • Options
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    They have basically inconvenienced us forum PC players of The Sims in favor of their new Sims mobile game coming out.

Whereas The Sims mobile has all of its forum categories nicely laid out right on the front page of the forum, the categories we usually post in are all buried in multiple sections we have to annoyingly click extra to access. General Discussion was even absurdly renamed to "Social Corner."

So, it's EA being EA, more or less.

Thanks, I didn't even know about this new mobile game and it is a shame they doing this. However you are right about EA being EA.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2017
    Sims 3 now has a Creative Corner though \o/
    (too bad all the Sims 3 creators lost their creations but I hope that will be sorted out soon)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Several stories are gone as well. :(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I can't imagine they'd do that without any warning so I assume they'll put them back.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    The forums are messed up. :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I'm so confused as to what's happening. I can't seem to figure anything out and I spent ages trying to find this part of the forum!
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Add me to the list of confused; along with disappointed, discouraged, and any other negative emotion caused by the loss of my legacy thread. :'(
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member
    Jase wrote: »
    Add me to the list of confused; along with disappointed, discouraged, and any other negative emotion caused by the loss of my legacy thread. :'(

Ditto for me in regard to the Sims 2 section. We are not obsolete so why does EA continue to imply that we are by shoving us in with Sims 1 while EVERY OTHER Sims game gets its own section!? We are an active community so why are we being treated as though we should be ashamed to love Sims 2 and have to access our section through the "back door" so to speak?
  • Options
    WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    What new sims mobile game, thought the one they had is old xD
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I couldn't get on sims site at all yesterday, the page came up with error. now I cant get to general discussion. I hope its just a maintenance problem and will be fixed soon. I don't even own a mobile phone, so I hope it isn't all being moved to that device only. I wouldn't think so because some people would find that hard, those with sight problems or those like me who don't own one.
  • Options
    > @feetinstockings said:
    > I couldn't get on sims site at all yesterday, the page came up with error. now I cant get to general discussion. I hope its just a maintenance problem and will be fixed soon. I don't even own a mobile phone, so I hope it isn't all being moved to that device only. I wouldn't think so because some people would find that hard, those with sight problems or those like me who don't own one.

The forums where down due to a maintenance issue yesterday which explains the error. The current layout of the forums is just plain wacky though!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited May 2017
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    It appears EA/Maxis has changed the format of the forum and It is more confusing than helpful.

LOL! It's like some newbie web developer got hired and said: "I have an idea... why don't we just CHANGE EVERYTHING? Trust me, they'll love it!" :joy:

It's a mess, but I reckon we'll just have to get used to it. I actually like that no Sims game is highlighted more than the other and they are just listed in order. It would be better though to avoid having to click three times to see the threads... too many categories! It's confusing.

My main concern is that they're trying to highlight some random side mobile game cuz Maxis is under the mobile department now. Not even going to lie, I hope Sims Mobile crashes and burns so bad it costs them dearly. Otherwise, this will be the future of the game and I don't play mobile games... except for solitaire, that should be the only game allowed on a phone... and maybe Tetris :joy:
  • Options
    SataiDelennnSataiDelennn Posts: 1,265 Member

LOL! It's like some newbie web developer got hired and said: "I have an idea... why don't we just CHANGE EVERYTHING? Trust me, they'll love it!" :joy:

It's a mess, but I reckon we'll just have to get used to it. I actually like that no Sims game is highlighted more than the other and they are just listed in order. It would be better though to avoid having to click three times to see the threads... too many categories! It's confusing.

My main concern is that they're trying to highlight some random side mobile game cuz Maxis is under the mobile department now. Not even going to lie, I hope Sims Mobile crashes and burns so bad it costs them dearly. Otherwise, this will be the future of the game and I don't play mobile games... except for solitaire, that should be the only game allowed on a phone... and maybe Tetris :joy:

I don't play mobile games either. I don't even have that capability on my phone. My phone is for talking, not playing games.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    It almost looks like they are pushing Sims 3/Sims 4 out of the way for mobile game that's...sad :'( I think they are moving on.

So they might be looking into the mobile game market to making more money.
  • Options
    Kartai wrote: »
    It almost looks like they are pushing Sims 3/Sims 4 out of the way for mobile game that's...sad :'( I think they are moving on.

So they might be looking into the mobile game market to making more money.

The Sims was moved under mobile over a year ago (maybe in 2015?). This was the inevitable direction when this is their umbrella division now. I hope the game fails and fails hard. Only because if it does well... there won't be a TS5 :disappointed:
  • Options
    There are still a few glitches. I have my points restored but I am still classed as a new member and it seems that some actual new members are also not being promoted so that might be a side effect of the firum changes that will hopfully be fixed soon.

Other than that there are no complaints from me :)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I don't play mobile games either. I don't even have that capability on my phone. My phone is for talking, not playing games.

I'm planning on downgrading my phone. American dumb phones are awful, and my Japanese phone doesn't work in the US. I found out though that I can order a jail-broken phone from Korea and they have the same model as my old Japanese phone. I'm going to buy a newer 2017 model though. I don't like smart phones, they are so limited--unless you download tracking/stalking/hackable/insecure apps. My five-year old "dumb phone" has an accurate pedometer, bill splitter, daily horoscope, virtual pet, television, 13Mp camera, music player, a screen dimmer so that only you can view your phone when sitting in public place, a Japanese, English, and Chinese dictionary, an app to tell me when train times (including the last train), and customisable button lights. I can't find ANY of these things for my smart phone for free, without ads, or that don't ask for elevated god privileges on my phone that infringe on my privacy or subject my phone to cybersecurity risks :angry: And all smartphones look alike and I can't even say how many bum calls I've made! Ugh... I can't wait to switch back to a normal, useful, mobile phone!

Obviously, I am not the target audience for Sims Mobile at all :joy:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member

I'm planning on downgrading my phone. American dumb phones are awful, and my Japanese phone doesn't work in the US. I found out though that I can order a jail-broken phone from Korea and they have the same model as my old Japanese phone. I'm going to buy a newer 2017 model though. I don't like smart phones, they are so limited--unless you download tracking/stalking/hackable/insecure apps. My five-year old "dumb phone" has an accurate pedometer, bill splitter, daily horoscope, virtual pet, television, 13Mp camera, music player, a screen dimmer so that only you can view your phone when sitting in public place, a Japanese, English, and Chinese dictionary, an app to tell me when train times (including the last train), and customisable button lights. I can't find ANY of these things for my smart phone for free, without ads, or that don't ask for elevated god privileges on my phone that infringe on my privacy or subject my phone to cybersecurity risks :angry: And all smartphones look alike and I can't even say how many bum calls I've made! Ugh... I can't wait to switch back to a normal, useful, mobile phone!

I don't even have a smart phone. I hate those things. Just give me a simple little flip phone. I know, I'm one who is never going to play Sims Mobile. I'll just stick to the PC version of the game.
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I don't even have a smart phone. I hate those things. Just give me a simple little flip phone. I know, I'm one who is never going to play Sims Mobile. I'll just stick to the PC version of the game.
    Same here. I don't even have a cell phone now since I don't work. I only had it for emergency purposes and never really used it at home unless landline phone was having issues. I really don't need all of the fancy gadgets that come with a smart phone. I don't text as I don't believe in it, if I want to talk to someone, then I would call them to hear their voice and not see their words... :)

• Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I have never owned a cell phone. Ever. I'm holding out for that Guiness World Record.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    kethrydrakekethrydrake Posts: 2,389 Member
    I have one. I very rarely use it. It's just a cheap little phone solely for making calls. Even texting is difficult. If I want to access the Internet on the go, I have a tablet which I can also use to write my stories.
  • Options

LMAO at that one :D

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've got three phones. I've kept my landline because I have had it for 25 years and can report TV and Computer problems with it and block rogue diallers.

I have a Samsung 3 smartphone that I use for reporting problems with my landline and use for BBC news, reading Kindle books in bed and reading these Forum groups when out or my router is off. It's useless for using to phone large companies that want you to go the 1,2, 3 route as the screen disappears as soon as you try and I accidently cut people off by swiping the screen in the wrong directions!

I have a very basic payphone that has large buttons that I can use if I have problems with the above two.

I think playing Mobile Sims4 would drive me crazy. That's for younger people than me. :'(

• Options
    I have never owned a cell phone. Ever. I'm holding out for that Guiness World Record.

I'm not worthy... :flushed:

You are my hero.