Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Concept artist: Hippie Sun Glasses in Eco Friendly Stuff?

Sadly the references corner for concept arts is closed, I hope you concept artist still look into it:
Some pair of cool hippie glasses! B)
red-glasses.jpg
img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=10281462
2.png
a256aFi.gif

Comments

• TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Groovy. I would love to see those, with and without colored lenses.

Fun fact: Harry Potter and John Lennon wore "Windsor Glasses." They were round glasses, in gold or silver, sometimes covered with tortoiseshell. You can tell an authentic Windsor by the curved ear rests and lack of nose pads. They stopped making them shortly after World War I.
    I have a pair, and they're really uncomfortable. But they look cool, and that's what really matters.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    I have to have nose pads on mine glasses otherwise, they wouldn't sit right on my nose. :)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • heatherXkittyheatherXkitty Posts: 307 Member
    I think hippie glasses would fit better in a decades type pack, similar to 70s, 80s, 90s TS3 stuff pack.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think hippie glasses would fit better in a decades type pack, similar to 70s, 80s, 90s TS3 stuff pack.

But hippie is eco and people today still wear these hippie glasses!
    a256aFi.gif
    edited May 2017
    Hippie isn't eco. The definition of hippie: a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

Hippie is more about freedom from governments.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Hippie isn't eco. The definition of hippie: a person of unconventional appearance, typically having long hair and wearing beads, associated with a subculture involving a rejection of conventional values and the taking of hallucinogenic drugs.

I agree it isn't eco, I think it would be best to combine 'hippie' with nature e.g. flower crowns, feather earrings etc that way it has that connection with the environment.
    edited May 2017
    RubyxAngel wrote: »

I agree it isn't eco, I think it would be best to combine 'hippie' with nature e.g. flower crowns, feather earrings etc that way it has that connection with the environment.

Yeah but this style (Style B ) is going for a boho style which is, in fact, the style most "hippies" wear.
    And to be fair these sunglasses look cool and not only hippies wear them.
    a256aFi.gif
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member

Yeah but this style (Style B ) is going for a boho style which is, in fact, the style most "hippies" wear.

Oh sorry I thought boho was different to Hippie as boho fashion looks different to typical hippie fashion which was popular in the sixties.
    I love boho fashion though so I look forward to what this brings B)

Oh sorry I thought boho was different to Hippie as boho fashion looks different to typical hippie fashion which was popular in the sixties.
    I love boho fashion though so I look forward to what this brings B)

You are right in your thinking, boho and hippie aren't the same.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200
  • Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited May 2017
    Different definitions from Urban Dictionary (explains it better than a regular dictionary, in my opinion)
    bohemian
    An individual looked upon in society as strange and different. Imagination controls a Bohemian's life, alot of the time destroying them in the process.
    Bohemians care very little for money and (some) stay secluded spending their lives creating art, music and literature.
    Without Bohemians, the world would be a complete bore.
    hippy
    someone who has a bright outlook on life and cares about the world instead of trying to ruin it. they are often member of groups such as greenpeace and antiwar groups that care about the environment.
    they reject the established culture and are a subculture originating in San Francisco in the 1960s who advocated universal love and peace, usually had long hair and used soft drugs, usually listen to acid rock and progressive rock music, reggae music such as that of bob marley.

Here is a blog post that explains the difference between the two styles.
    Just get me these sunglasses in TS4 please and stop destroying my dreams! :(
    a256aFi.gif
    Maybe start a discussion in the creative corner? Not having it specific for any pack. You'll probably get more foot-traffic in that section of the forums.
    banner_3.jpg?w=1200